I would like my cursor to produce light

Abaddyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am using RPG Maker VX Ace and I search the forums for about an hour to see if someone had already done this or asked for it.

I am not any good at scripting so I do not know if what I am attempting is possible. I am trying to create a mystery horror game using Khas Awesome Light Effects and Jet's Mouse scripts. I am wanting to have the mouse be the light source for the player. I am unsure how I would make this effect happen. I am curious if there is a way to have the mouse be an event or something of that nature? I will play around with it some until I give up or someone succeeds. I am hoping it will work. 

The first script I am using is Jet's Mouse Systemhttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/3065-mouse-system/

The second script I am using is  Victors Light Script http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/450-ve-light-effects/?hl=%2Bvictor+%2Blight

I can use either. I am just trying to create the desired effect.

Edit 8/25
I received a reply from Jet and he believes it is totally doable. So that is a good sign. Although off the top of his head he is unsure how.

Edit 8/27

I searching for other light scripts that may already have the feature I desire. Looking at Zues Lights and Shadows, http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/16040-zeus-lights-shadows/
I will post there and see if I can get any better luck with that. I might also message Zues. (Totally message Zues)

Edit 8/28

Corrected my post to include scripts and such. Hopefully the moderator is not too annoyed with me. Also I hope I did it right. Still to stupid to figure out how to do a spoiler tag.

Edit 9/7

This is a video of an indie game the beloved PewDiePie (I am a bro!) did which does the exact effect I am looking for.

I am trying to produce this exact effect! I am sadly not script savvy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abaddyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Shameless bumping.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please include links to the scripts you are using.

Also, when posting code, put it within code tags when you post it so the formatting is retained. Adding the code tags AFTER posting has no benefit, as the formatting has already been lost. In that case you need to delete and re-paste the script.

Abaddyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would do what it is your asking other then it I am not understanding waht you are wanting. I will fix what parts I did get though. I have been trying BB calls but

is not working so I am not sure what call tags this website is using. 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, you've got a code block around your script, but it looks like you pasted the script first then submitted your post (which caused the formatting to be lost) and THEN edited your post and added the code tags. It's good, but the formatting had already been lost at that point. Just, when you post code like that, put in the code tags at the same time as you paste your script, and all the indenting will be kept.

The spoiler tag works. If it's not for you, then you're not doing it right :)

Abaddyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well I fixed the stuff above... as you can see my spoiler tag sits there like a boss though. 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because of this:

[spoiler]I fixed it.
You were either messing around with colours, or using the WYSIWYG editor, which I find nearly always messes up my edits (I just use the plain text editor).

Code looks a lot better now :)

And now that that little detour is finished, let's see if someone can help you with your script (and I'm not annoyed ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:

Abaddyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It is funny because this turned from an awesome idea my gf had to a living nightmare to figure out. So I am thinking it will be awesome if it will actually work.

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd love to adapt the idea into a light that is the only thing the mouse is for that exposes a hidden event. Like ghosts or treasure boxes... if you get any resolution to your request let me know!!

Abaddyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have had some minor comments but nothing concrete yet.

Abaddyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Posted a video from PewDiePie that shows the exact effect I am after. I edited it into the main post. I know the game is not an rpgmaker game but I think it is totally doable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mortaljudo