I would like to change the default attack of my character to a shooting attack in VX Ace.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
One of my character's main weapon is his crossbow and would like his default attack to be a shooting attack. But I don't know how to do this. Hopefully, it doesn't require a script.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have two ways to do it:

1: Change skill 1 in the database. That will change it for everyone though.

2: Use a script which lets you assign different skills for attack to weapons instead of it using skill 1 for attack.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally there is the question of what you consider a "shooting attack".
if that is just a different skill on the regular battles, the answer above is correct.

if you want a ranged attack on the map, then the solution is much more complex as the map is not connected to any battle data by default.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@bjillisp Do you know of a snippet I can use? It is for actor 1.
@Andar No, it for the original vx ace battle system. I tried the side view system but the characters wouldn't fall over when they died and the enemies pic wouldn't vanish when poisoned. So I scrapped the idea.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I tried the side view system
Which side view battle system? There are several for vx ace.
wouldn't fall over when they died
That's probably an issue that we could have helped you fix. Same for the poison. Although normally poison doesn't kill just lower HP.

Yanfly has an Attack weapon replace script.

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think this is the script the others are talking about....I also use it on my game and it's very simple to use =)

Edit: You will just need to replace the atack for every weapon that this specific character can use...which it's really not as bad as it sounds =)

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Roninator2 I don't remember which one. It was years ago.
I just remember not getting an answer to my problem so I had no choice but to abandon the idea.
I switched it so poison was able to kill off enemies or players alike. For the sake of realism, poison doesn't stop trying to kill you when you are almost dead.
I will look into the script later. I Gotta go shopping now. Thanks for all the help.
@Binder28, Ok, so I'm having some trouble getting Yanfly weapon replace to work. It might be because I also have Yanfly Engine Ace - Battle Command List installed as well. Or I might just be doing it wrong. So I'll include some screenshots.

Attachments

• stuck.PNG
    stuck.PNG
    58 KB · Views: 4
  • stuck part 2.PNG
    stuck part 2.PNG
    42.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Yeah battle command list.PNG
    Yeah battle command list.PNG
    26.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry I didn't see your reply before...but yeah...what Roninator said...the atack skill goes in the weapon notes box...like this "<attack skill: 162>" for example...just be aware that if the skill costs mana it will cost mana every time you atack...also that's why I said " You will just need to replace the atack for every weapon that this specific character can use" because it will go in every weapon that will use that skill

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nevermind. I'm dumb. Getting two different scripts mixed up. Ok, it's working now. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

would i get in trouble if i didn't take out the computer icons on my fake computer screen i had Discord, Messanger, and rpg maker up
Auto-Adjust Text Outline, Run Common Events on Transfer | RPG Maker News #111

I sweep the floor. My brother, "You didn't do a good job. There are dust bunnies everywhere." He sweeps the floor weeks later. "I just swept. Why are there dust bunnies everywhere?" Me," Guess you didn't do a good enough job."
Today, I tortured my internet by downloading 20 files at once and then I played a guessing game as to which would finish their download first :kaojoy:
Oh god, just watched HawkZombie's stream of my game and realised that *none* of the branching scenes work properly. One has no character graphic, one soft locks due to a passability issue, and one doesn't have its autorun set to the right trigger. I've got first prize in the bag, baby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
egekaia