Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Description

Allows the usage of animated images (like Gifs), which are present in form of an image strip.

Author

Iavra

Parameters

@param File Name Format
@desc Used as an identifier for animated images. We capture the number of frames and the update rate of the animation.
@default _animated_(\d+)_(\d+)

How to Use

Allows the usage of animated images in RMMV. They have to be converted to image strips beforehand, which is an image with the dimensions [(frame width * number of frames) x (frame height)] (width x height). So, if you have an image with dimensions of [50x60] and 4 animation frames, the resulting strip will be [200x60] and consist of all 4 frames in a row.

The image has to be named in a certain way, so the plugin knows which images it needs to animate. When using the default value for the parameter "File Name Format", the strip above could be named "myImage_animated_4_100.png". The last number tells the plugin, how fast the animation should be played. In this case, we change the displayed image every 100 frames.

The plugin has been tested for simple pictures, characters and battle background and works even when tinting them.

Terms of Use

Free to use for both commercial and non-commercial games. Please give credit.

Download

http://pastebin.com/rh2zk46V

Last edited by a moderator:

Chester

Meow Kitten
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cat Tongue
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes Thank You! Now I can finally use my "Larva GIF" (seriously at first glance I though it was larva instead of lavra).

Anyway thanks for the script! I'll be using this!! -super excited!

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well, actually it's an uppercase i, but somehow most people get it wrong ^^

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, actually it's an uppercase i, but somehow most people get it wrong ^^
Many fonts, including RM's show l and I almost exactly the same. Can you tell the difference just by looking at the two? No? Didn't really think so :3 (L is on the left, i is on the right).

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
:D Yeah, i know, that's what i get for picking such a name. I take no offense at it, though ^^

pyrogoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This does not work with TDDP bind picture to map script. :')

EDIT: Just a note that it works really great on its own!!

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I see, that plugin grabs the loaded Bitmap directly, which means he'll get my wrapper. Mine currently only works, when the bitmap is accessed from a sprite. I can see, if i can fix this, but that would mean:

- My container extends from Bitmap and overwrites all methods, redirecting to the current frame.

- The container itself (or the ImageManager) manages the animation, since there isn't guarenteed to be a Sprite around, which means all instances from a given image will ALWAYS run synchronized.

- Images will (probably) even update when then they're not currently in use, increasing performance cost.

Actually, i'm sure it's possible to write a parallax script that works directly with the sprites, since this was already done in Ace.

/edit: I created a simple plugin that will bind pictures to the current map, if the plugin command "Parallax" is called before showing the picture. It doesn't dupport multiple layers, like Galenmereth's plugin does, but it's something:

Code:
/*: * @plugindesc Allows to bind pictures to the map, instead of the camera. * <Iavra Parallax Picture> * @author Iavra */var Imported = Imported || {};Imported.iavra_parallax_picture = true;//=============================================================================// namespace IAVRA//=============================================================================var IAVRA = IAVRA || {};(function() {    "use strict";        /**     * If set to true, the next picture will be bound to the map, instead of the camera.     */    var _makeParallax = false;        //=============================================================================    // class Game_Picture    //=============================================================================        (function($) {                var _alias_show = $.prototype.show;        $.prototype.show = function(name, origin, x, y, scaleX, scaleY, opacity, blendMode) {            _alias_show.apply(this, arguments);            this._iavra_parallax_picture = _makeParallax;            _makeParallax = false;        };            })(Game_Picture);        //=============================================================================    // class Sprite_Picture    //=============================================================================        (function($) {                var _alias_updatePosition = $.prototype.updatePosition;        $.prototype.updatePosition = function() {            _alias_updatePosition.call(this);            var picture = this.picture();            if(this.picture()._iavra_parallax_picture) {                this.x -= $gameMap.displayX() * $gameMap.tileWidth();                this.y -= $gameMap.displayY() * $gameMap.tileHeight();            }        };            })(Sprite_Picture);        //=============================================================================    // class Game_Interpreter    //=============================================================================    (function($) {                var _alias_pluginCommand = $.prototype.pluginCommand;        $.prototype.pluginCommand = function(command, args) {            if(command === 'Parallax') {                _makeParallax = true;            }        };            })(Game_Interpreter);    })();

sayllsayll

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korea
Primarily Uses
Plug-ins, thank you. 
Please tell me how plug-in off in Game playing.

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Interestingly, my Anti-Virus detects this script as a virus... Which is a tag worrying. As I know nothing about Java and couldn't say if it holds potentially dangerous code I will not be using it, which is a shame as I would like to have had animated face images. Still i'm sure I can find one elsewhere.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Antivirus usually detects all .js files as viruses. If you worry so much, you can copy the raw code into a new .js file and use that. The code is right there, so you can ask any scripter on these forums to verify, that it doesn't do anything harmful.

@sayllsayll I don't really get your question. The plugin will automatically activate for all images named in a certain way, so you don't need to toggle it on or off. Also, displaying image strips as-is doesn't make much sense for me.

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Antivirus usually detects all .js files as viruses. If you worry so much, you can copy the raw code into a new .js file and use that. The code is right there, so you can ask any scripter on these forums to verify, that it doesn't do anything harmful.

@sayllsayll I don't really get your question. The plugin will automatically activate for all images named in a certain way, so you don't need to toggle it on or off. Also, displaying image strips as-is doesn't make much sense for me.
Thanks for the reassurance. This is the first time i have had a virus warning on a Script and I've currently got around 59 of them, which is why it worried me slightly. I obviously tried to copy/paste raw file and save it but my virus scanner won't allow me to do that either, which obviously made me think "ok something isn't right here."

I'll try and over ride my anti-virus.

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok i've tried this. Sadly it doesn't seem to work with message window faces (which is what I needed it for). Is this my error or is it not intended to work this way?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Not your error, the plugin can't work with it. It works directly on sprites by switching out the underlying bitmap, but the message window directly grabs the bitmap and draws it onto the window, so it won't work.

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Iavra you think can i use this plugin to modify the Loading Screen?
I mean, i would like to have an animation instead the static ”now loading" image.

Best

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
No, that's not possible. The "Now Loading" image is drawn onto a canvas, similar to the message face. Though, you could use my Splash Video plugin to display some videos (company logo, etc), while the game is loading.

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Not your error, the plugin can't work with it. It works directly on sprites by switching out the underlying bitmap, but the message window directly grabs the bitmap and draws it onto the window, so it won't work.

In theory you Could make it work but placing a blank 144*144px face image on each of the message windows and then setting up your script to run a series of blinking/talking images and just reposition it over the chat window spot. Which could be made a little simpler by setting it up as a common event for each character. True it's a bit of a messy system, but hey it would get the results!

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
ano...
excuse me @Iavra

may i know about this script?

can all image be "Gif"?

or just use for show picture?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I haven't tested all possibilities, but i know of:

- Pictures

- Title backgrounds

- Parallaxes

- Battle backgrounds

Those can be animated, at least.

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
how about game over's image? o_O

is it possible to be 'gif' too? o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...
Ami
--- Dialog Filter ---

Gunner: Yo! my ****** friend?
Hero: Uhh,what happen with your mouth?
Gunner: Huh? what ****** happen with my mouth? i just speech as usual.
Hero: But,your mouth are like the garbage!
Gunner: Hey,what the **** are you say? you want the piece of **** with my ****** Gun!
(Meanwhile,The Dialog Filter In The Option Is Off)
Demo for Maze of the Lost MZ released. I would appreciate any and all feedback and constructive criticism. If you like Dungeon Crawlers and JRPG's with a hint of Metroidvania and Shadowgate/Uninvited you might like it. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/maze-of-the-lost-mz-demo-port-from-mv.127971/
Well, here it is, colored. :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelda3469