ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
Many fonts, including RM's show l and I almost exactly the same. Can you tell the difference just by looking at the two? No? Didn't really think so :3 (L is on the left, i is on the right).
actually you can, the uppercase i uppercase is a bit thicker than lower case l.

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
hi @Iavra I was just wondering, since you decided not to update the script anymore and it was basically open source before you wouldn't mind explaining the flow or the idea behind the script for mv? I was gonna try to see if I could get some folks to help me port it to mz (open of course) this would somewhat make the process easier. I was just wondering as this would be a little helpful for not only aspiring game devs but those who are willing and or wanting to learn a bit more about the game and api.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is this still relevant? I recently bought RMMZ on a whim and started going over my old stuff. Most of them probably don't work anymore since the update a while back and i don't have the time to support everything, but i can give a short overview of the workflow:
  1. When loading a picture via Bitmap.load(url), parse the name for the predefined naming pattern. If it matches, load the gif container, instead.
  2. When updating Sprites (and TilingSprites, which are basically just the parallaxes), increase an internal timer and swap out the Bitmap when necessary. The timer needs to be held on the sprite, not the bitmap, as bitmaps are cached and used across multiple sprites.
  3. Sprite and TilingSprite (basically just parallaxes) have a bitmap property using the internal _bitmap field. We define an additional property to overwrite the field and instead redirect it to the currently active frame. In the end, we only really need the PIXI.BaseTexture, but when overwriting this we wouldn't have access to the calling Sprite instance, so we proxy the whole bitmap.
There's a lot of stuff that could have been made better and i for sure missed some instances back in the day, but if someone wants to reproduce this (probably already happened), be my guest. I might end up doing this for MZ, but this is very much just a hobby of mine and i experiment with multiple things, so don't expect me to actually finish something :rolleyes:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfilez