BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the link, seeing this may well be the same problem (which I obviously had to verify one way or the other). Anyway, I checked on things and noticed that a couple of definitions had spaces that got misinterpreted. Aside from escape code issues relevant to MV everything now seems to click as it should. And if you have something like Visual Studio Code installed, the editor's code check function will basically do the same thing as the website you linked to (and where it is as well so you know what to fix).

EDIT: Another issue: Unexpected token. This is going to require a switch to flat-rate pricing where it doesn't quite fit the purpose of my intentions.

EDIT 2: Workaround. Forgot to consider breaking up the definitions to account for this.

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys!

First of all, this plugin work in mobile development?

Because i was using the SrdTranslationEngine, and in the Desktop it works very well!
But in mobile the plugin don't work =/

Check this link: http://download1517.mediafire.com/jjp6p7wxrtyg/51kmm45osc9otui/03.+Project03+v3.4a.zip

It's other post

I had the same question. You can translate. It's text. You only need to put in System:

#{tname}

Example:

#{text.term01}
#{text.term02}
#{text.term03}
#{text.term04}
#{text.term05}

You can see the demo I posted in this comment. It helps a lot.
Well, thanks for the demo!
I'm trying to learn use this plugin. But i cant understand how do you do in the demo since the project is already deployed...
I'm looking into the en.json
and i see this:

"mino01": "How dare a human sully this sanctuary!",
"mino02": "Begone, now!",
"mino03": "Alright... I'm going..",
"mino04": "Nay!",
"mino05": "Nheeee! I shall make you begone!",
During the game i have to name the events? Then i use that name to translate everything?
The numbers, 01,02,03 are the line 1, line2, line 3... of this event?

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys!

First of all, this plugin work in mobile development?

Because i was using the SrdTranslationEngine, and in the Desktop it works very well!
But in mobile the plugin don't work =/
That would be in your event definitions. For the targeted position where the item name, conversation or descriptor would be used, place the following in the respective function call, variable name, description etc:

Code:
#{text.mino01}
Obviously you should change that according to your requirements. And for localized targeting you'll want to be sure that you have a data file relative to each portion of your audience, e.g. ja.json, es.json etc.

As for mobile development it depends on your setup and device target, although for selective reasons you should package accordingly. Mac deployments already do this to a degree, and I believe there's a tool somewhere on the forums to assist with Android targeting. And as long as the localized data files are properly distributed with the game package I think you should be good to go on that. Or at least it should, 'cause otherwise I don't know what to expect. I'll probably run my project in a virtual environment at some point to verify this.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would be in your event definitions. For the targeted position where the item name, conversation or descriptor would be used, place the following in the respective function call, variable name, description etc:

Code:
#{text.mino01}
Obviously you should change that according to your requirements. And for localized targeting you'll want to be sure that you have a data file relative to each portion of your audience, e.g. ja.json, es.json etc.

As for mobile development it depends on your setup and device target, although for selective reasons you should package accordingly. Mac deployments already do this to a degree, and I believe there's a tool somewhere on the forums to assist with Android targeting. And as long as the localized data files are properly distributed with the game package I think you should be good to go on that. Or at least it should, 'cause otherwise I don't know what to expect. I'll probably run my project in a virtual environment at some point to verify this.
Yep! I got how to use it now, i made some tests and its works on mobile! :kaojoy:
Now i'm in the process to make a scene for change the language instead of the options. For the ones who want to the player choose a language before the tittle screen :)

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi people!
Making some tests here.
I try to translate, but there are something that i cannot translate.
I already saved the json file with UTF-8.

I can't use "?", "ó" and capital letters?

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi people!
Making some tests here.
I try to translate, but there are something that i cannot translate.
I already saved the json file with UTF-8.

I can't use "?", "ó" and capital letters?

Have you tried DK localization plugin?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried DK localization plugin?
No... This plugin work fine. My doubt is only a question of "design". Because in the translation, the signals (?óáé etc) work. But only in the TAG that don't work. But the plugin is working fine ^^

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in case anyone is interested, I made an upgrade here. Not a super upgrade though.

TitanKaempfer

The German shinto fox
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So for some reason the game does not switch languages when I change them in the options menu.
I can actually change them via console commands and then my text is shown in the chosen language but chaning it in the options does absolutely nothing and it will always use the default language or the language I chose via console command.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So for some reason the game does not switch languages when I change them in the options menu.
I can actually change them via console commands and then my text is shown in the chosen language but chaning it in the options does absolutely nothing and it will always use the default language or the language I chose via console command.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Hi!
Maybe you have a parallel or autorun event setting the language back to the original?
I didn't record to get this issue, but a long time ago I made a patch that put these two plugins altogether and fixed some things too. Maybe you could give it a try?
in case anyone is interested, I made an upgrade here. Not a super upgrade though.

TitanKaempfer

The German shinto fox
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe you have a parallel or autorun event setting the language back to the original?
Actually no because I just downloaded the plugin and was trying to test it in my project. Put just a single line of text in a json in various languages. And when I change the language by console command it actually uses the language I changed it to (like using english when I type in english or german when I type in german) but for some reason the option menu itself does not work. (It didn't even show a language until I selected one to begin with)

I made a patch that put these two plugins altogether and fixed some things too. Maybe you could give it a try?
While this version fixes the problem of not having a start language selected in the menu I still can't seem to save my choice and this one actually goes back to my default language.

I just tried creating a whole new empty project and it works there. So it might be incompatible with some other plugin I have. Any idea what kind of plugins could cause such problems? Like are there maybe some methods or something I should look out that would change something in the way how the language plugin saves it's option?

Edit: I just tried changing the order of my plugins and now it works. Still thanks for the help and the advice to use your updated version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I see some threads pinned in the Useful Development Tools section. I wonder, what are the criteria to get a thread pinned?
Playing some Kingdom come: Deliverance. It's an interesting game... But for the first time ever I'm disappointed with Czech in a Czech game.
Anyone else find themselves skipping through spoken dialogue in games if they've finished reading said dialogue in the textbox? I do. Happens more often in JRPGs with me. I frequently finish reading the dialogue long before the VA is done speaking.
I've been pretty busy working on my Might and Magic inspired project. I've got the code for instructors in place, and I just finished up with the trap and resistance tests. The project is going very smoothly. I'm also learning more about Javascript which is helping out a lot. Arrays, they are your best friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christianfletcher