Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see, i missed a variable <.< At least i got it right for the event icons. Please load the latest version, it should be fixed, now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fantasy Hero

The Fantasy Hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay!!!

It works properly now!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wanted to use your minimap for a game me and a team of mine are making but i can't seem to make him appear on the game :s

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How are you trying to set it up and what other plugins do you have in your game? Are you getting any error messages (press F8 to open console)?

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm setting just the way you posted on your instructions...i guess... unless i'm probably doing something wrong: set the <minimap> on the map's notebox (that's the notes on the map editor right?); set the <minimap 1> in the characters notes and that's it for it to work right? as for pluggins i have: "Yep main menu manager"; "Gameus quest system"; "enemy hp"; "galv action indicators" and "Yep button common events" and most of these aren't even modified but they all work instead of yours. What can i do?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm, works for me. The plugin parameters are all left at default? Did you maybe load a savefile that was created, before you added the plugin?

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have no idea xD i just added the pluggin to the map, i only changed the switch to the letter "m" cause i didn't know if that was the problem, i guess not then ahah, i'm probably    doing something wrong, i just don't know what, it just dosen't show up when i start the game..I even tried the image thing but it still dosen't show up, i changed the background opacity to 1 still nothing, the zoom options don't appear in the game, yes i checked if it's on xD. I've sent you some prints to show you what i have to see if you can spot what's wrong. (btw, sorry if the language is in portuguese, i hope it's not a problem, your pluggin is "Minimap" i didn't changed the name yet but i soon will to credit you... ("ligado" means ON, "desligado" means Off) (Nota = Note) ).

UPDATE: I saw your (Press f8 for console error) and yes there is an error. WHat is the problem? :o

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By chance, did you copy only part of the plugin? It should have 743 lines. Regarding the switch: If you want to disable that feature, leave the parameter blank. If you set it to something else, it will test if the given switch is ON (and since there is no "m" switch, it will never show the map).

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Since i can't download from the website you posted cause for some reason my stupid windows defender says it's a fricking virus so i have to copy the raw version and paste in notebook but i retried copying and pasting and the error is gone but now it only shows this: and the player icon dosen't move, is this what it's suppose to be?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure, why you deleted the screenshots, but i can't help you like this. Also, it's save to download from pastebin, though .js files can be considered viruses by some scanners.

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I deleted cause it's working now :D  i used the "myimage" thing and now it's working, without it, it was pure white background don't know why... but anyways thanks for the atention ^-^

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah yes, that's probably because all your tiles had terrain tag 0 assigned and the default settings display terrain 0 as white. You have basically 2 options:

- Automatically create maps from terrain tags.

- Use a custom image.

I might consider adding additional options (region ids) in the future, if requested.

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm probably not gonna be able to figure that out since i had this whole problem just setting it up, so for now i'll stick with the custom image, i'll later credit you and send you a copy if you wish :)

Korokage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just thought I'd point out that there's a weird crash that happens during the battle scene when you use the minimap notetag on an actor and have yanfly's Party System and Skill Learn plugins running:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'actor' of undefined rpg_managers.js:1618
at _loadPlayerData (file:///C:/Users/Fred/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/iavra_minimap.js:270:61)
at Game_Player.$.refresh (file:///C:/Users/Fred/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/iavra_minimap.js:591:13)
at Game_Party.addActor (file:///C:/Users/Fred/Documents/Games/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:4891:21)
at Game_Party.addActor (file:///C:/Users/Fred/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_PartySystem.js:449:38)
at Game_Party.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/Fred/Documents/Games/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:4869:18)
at Array.forEach (native)
at Game_Party.setupBattleTestMembers (file:///C:/Users/Fred/Documents/Games/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:4863:30)
at Game_Party.setupBattleTestMembers (file:///C:/Users/Fred/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_PartySystem.js:424:52)
at Game_Party.setupBattleTest (file:///C:/Users/Fred/Documents/Games/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:4858:10)
at Game_Party.setupBattleTest (file:///C:/Users/Fred/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:617:43)

Aside from that the plugin works great!

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks like you either had 0 members in the party (as battle members), or it's a bug in Yanfly's plugins.

Korokage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I definitely had 4 people in the battle party, so it's probably some kind of conflict. Well that's a little inconvenient.

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wandering, is there a way for the minimap to be hidden or at least to be behind images? cause i want to put an image on the screen but the minimap is always showing

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can use the "Switch" parameter to hide the map, when a given switch is OFF. Changing the z index (to hide it behind pictures) would need some modifications or an additional plugin, though.

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using custom buttons pluggin from  yanfly to show the image so i can't really use a switch like that

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello Iarva!

Thanks for the wonderful plugin.  I just had one problem... you see, I code on a MAC and the mini_map works great! However when I deploy the game to work on the PC suddenly, once the first talk scene of the game is complete, the map default zoom is set to 5000% percent! It doesn't happen on the MAC where the default zoom is set to 70%. Is there a way where I can manually set the default zoom to 70% after the first talk scene so that I can ensure the zoom is not randomly changed?  

p.s. @Korokage I received that error message myself! As it turned out during one cut scene I momentarily had 0 actors in the party (I was switching people in and out) but because of that, the game crashed. I changed the code around to ensure I always had at least one actor in the party and it was fixed.... its kind of a pain in the butt though because I do not recall the game crashing like that until I added the mini_map plugin... its a great plugin so I am definitely keeping it! 

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Some people have too strong of an opinion about what maker is the best, I've seen discussions like:
- I prefer VXAce because I like the style of the RTP better than the older releases
- You're worse than Hitler
My number one take away from this game jam is to make small games that are as polished and bug free as possible. Far less dev time, and if the game flops, it matters less because my time investment is much lower. Also, whatever ambitions I have... aim for about 10% of them. They are clearly too high, and will involve stuff that likely won't matter.
I'm finally back! :kaojoy:
A lot of RL issues happened this year which didn't let me work on Aithne as much, but I am back with new inspiration!
In that time my art style also changed a little, so I'll be doing a small art change with busts/menu art
Ops forgot to fix the hand on the weaponless sprite o_O
opening old GIMP files is a blessing and a curse because it can be fun to look at art you started once upon a time and want to finish BUT come to a total halt when you remember your past self forgot to create separate layers for most files

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Khitai