Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll fix that behaviour in the next update and will see, what happened to the zoom. I was planning to rewrite the plugin, anyway, since my coding standards have changed since i made it.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know what happened. It works perfectly fine when I test the game and run it on the MAC. The default zoom is suppose to be 70%. However when I deploy the game to work on the PC, when the player starts the game the zoom is changed to 5000% zoom for no apparent reason. I wish there was a plugin command where I can set the zoom myself at anytime to ensure that the zoom is set to an acceptable level.

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello,

I finished my first ever game demo! Check it out! I use your mini_map script in the game!

The problem was if I did not use the default mini_map zoom value it would always multiply the zoom by 100 when I deployed the game to be played. So i originally wanted 70% zoom so it become 7000% zoom. I changed i to 7% zoom and it changed it to 700% zoom! That problem manifested itself in both the MAC and PC demo of the game. To fix it I just used the default 1 zoom and now the demo starts with 100% zoom. (looks like the problem is that you just multiply the default value by 100 when the game is deployed) Just thought I would share. Please check out the demo if you have time. Thanks!

p.s. Please let me know when you have the newest version of your mini_map script so I can use it in the next demo.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's because the parameter isn't in percent. A value of 1 stands for 100%, while 0.7 would be 70%.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
OMG really? Wow, sorry for the oversight. Well the only reason why it was confusing was because when you set the default zoom to "70" in the plugin parameters, during the play tests, the zoom would be set to 70% when you played the game. However only when you deploy the project "70" no longer sets the zoom to 70% but to 7000%. Thats why I was a little confused. 

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Iavra! 

Long time no see! How is the new version of the mini-map coming along?! I have sinse created a second version of my demo plus an Android version of my demo! Unfortunately I had to disable the mini-maps for the Android Version because of performance issues. I cant wii till your minimal system is ready! I made awesome use of the old one so far. You should check it out! 

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I haven't really been active, lately. I'm currently playing games myself, instead of working on them, so there isn't really time to do plugins ^^ Mainly waiting for a fix to PIXI's shaders/filters (for a different plugin).

Regarding performance issues: Did you try using one of the other minimap plugins and can tell me, if they work better for you? I don't test for mobile devices, so that's kind of a difficult for me to handle.

yoshii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi lavra, thanks for the minimap! I have a question though, can I change the player's icon in the minimap with something I created instead? Or like a red point?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As long as it's part of the icon sheet, you can use any image. The party leader is used to determine the image to be displayed, though it's (currently?) not possible to change those at runtime.

Niatane

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Iavra, May i ask if there is a possible way that if the Sprite_Player (character icon) is in the corner of the minimap
then the Sprite_Map will not move while the Sprite_Player (character icon) will only move until it reaches it's destination?

Also great script there!

I'm happy that one of your plugin is useful to me. Thanks for the plugin ^ . ^

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see what you mean and i might add the option for this. Currently development of this plugin is on hold, since i need to redo it once PIXI 4 hits, anyway (because the RenderTexture API changed and i may be able to use masking, if they fixed the WindowLayer).

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is actually a really awesome plugin for MV, but I have one question. :)
Is it possible to add an option to use colors for enemies instead of the icons?
I actually love it allready how the minimap works, but I somehow like colored dots more then icons. :) (\ô/)

Mako Star

Ex-Crisis Avenger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wanted to use this, so I got the raw copy data from the paste bin link. Made a .js with it, and my computer found some malware.

exnem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
First, thank you so much for this plugin, it's absolutely wonderful!

Don't know if you are still supporting this plugin or not, but I have a little request. I'm using images for the minimap instead of terrain tags, my problem is that some of my maps are big and so the images at 100% size take too much space.

Would it be possible to add a feature so I can choose to load my maps at another size % like 50%, 25% etc? this way I can resize the map images to be half or less of what they are now and save some space. Otherwise could we load jpgs instead of pngs, so they can be compressed?

EDIT: Nevermind I just found out I can use smaller images, everything is perfect!

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As expected, the new MV update broke the plugin, i'm guessing mainly due to the new RenderTexture API. Unfortunately, the WindowLayer is still there, so proper masking might still be broken (i didn't have time to test 1.3 at all).

I won't really have time to work on this plugin, and everything else that's broken, before the weekend, so please be patient ^^

/edit: The WindowLayer has been fixed :o I can finally get rid of that RenderTexture workaround.

//edit: I'm working on this and will probably finish it during the weekend. Since i can now use proper masking, i'm using the opportunity to remake the plugin in a way that's more flexible and easier to extend in the future. Also i will split it similar to how my other plugins work (Core and Menu), so it's more modular and you can decide for yourself, which features you want to use.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The plugin has been updated for 1.3. Please note, that the extension to the options menu has been cut and will be readded later as its own plugin. It's now also possible to resize and reposition the minimap at runtime.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello Iavra,

Awesome to hear that you have updated your plugin. I downloaded the plugin and for some reason I can't get the map to appear at all in MV 1.3.1. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Whats the official name of the plugin suppose to be? It downloaded as "iavra_minimap_-_core". No matter what I type in the map notebook, no map appears on the screen. I even tried the plugin all by itself in a brand new project and I still can't get any map to appear in the game using <minimap> or a specific map.png. 

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The plugin name doesn't matter. Please post your plugin parameters, a screenshot of the map's notebox and (if there's anything) a screenshot of your console output (F8). If you are using other plugins, try disabling or reordering them.

pikotan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
My MV version is 1.30, but makes such an error.

ReferenceError: LAVRA is not defined

All the plug-ins other than the minimap has been applied to the OFF but there is no change.
At the same question.
The description of the note tag of the map would mean what?
<Minimap img: path / to / my / Image.png>
This version of the description contents of the previous plug-in has changed a little different.
Previously: image named < "minimap img myimage>, which was loaded from the folder that you specified in the" image folder "is different now.
What meaning that this meaning is img / path / to / my / create a separate folder so that image.png put the image of the map in it?
Everything is a mystery.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You'll notice, that i'm written with an I, not an L. Also, you are now specifying the whole image path, relative to the project root.

/edit: It seems there was a missing bracket in a last-minute change i did before going to bed...please download the latest version, where this is fixed.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)
*sigh* This one turned out really well... except for the left arm pose...
fPRzKSp.jpg

Yes I purposely cutout the arm cause from the pic
A month into making my life/dating sim game and I've finally finished making all of the love interests :kaocry: I still have to make most of their emotion range and overworld sprites but aye I'm proud of myself.
would i get in trouble if i didn't take out the computer icons on my fake computer screen i had Discord, Messanger, and rpg maker up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amerain133