Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Description

Plays one or more videos prior to the title screen. They can be skipped by pressing a button.

Author

Iavra

Parameters

@param Videos
@desc Comma-separated list of videos to be played. Should exist as both .webm or .mp4 versions.
@default

@param Skip On Ok
@desc If set to true, videos can be skipped by an "ok" event (Enter, Spacebar, Z, Left Mouse Click, Touch).
@default true

@param Skip On Cancel
@desc If set to true, videos can be skipped by a "cancel" event (Esc, X, Right Mouse Click, Double Touch).
@default true

@param Skip All
@desc If set to true, skipping one video will automatically skip all videos.
@default false

How to Use

To play one or more videos prior to your title screen, put their .webm and .mp4 version in the "movies" folder of your game and add their names to the "Videos" plugin parameter.

While a video is playing, it can be canceled by pressing either an "ok" button (if the parameter "Skip On Ok" is set to true) or a "cancel" button (if the parameter "Skip On Cancel" is set to true. If the parameter "Skip All" is set to true, this will skip all videos. Otherwise, the next one will start playing.

The videos are playing, while game resources are being loaded, so this can also be used to cover up the rather boring part of your game.

Terms of Use

Free to use for both commercial and non-commercial games. Please give credit.

Download

http://pastebin.com/QZuVtXxW

Last edited by a moderator:

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know this is completely changing how the plugin functions, but is it possible to have this video play in the Scene_Boot.prototype.start function in rpg_scenes.js? I'm using MOG_TitleSplashScreen.js to have an image splash screen, but I want the Image to go first, THEN play the video using your plugin. Right now that can't happen because your video will always play first. If it somehow ran when Scene_Boot.prototype.start ran via aliasing, it would be possible to rearrange this order..

It's a long shot, but I thought it'd be worth it to try.

DustyCat Media

Indie Game Purrfector
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Nice plugin! One suggestion is the possibliity to have more than one video playing after another.

But anyway, thanks! :)

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I know this is completely changing how the plugin functions, but is it possible to have this video play in the Scene_Boot.prototype.start function in rpg_scenes.js? I'm using MOG_TitleSplashScreen.js to have an image splash screen, but I want the Image to go first, THEN play the video using your plugin. Right now that can't happen because your video will always play first. If it somehow ran when Scene_Boot.prototype.start ran via aliasing, it would be possible to rearrange this order..

It's a long shot, but I thought it'd be worth it to try.
I could play the video(s) in their own scene, but as you already mentioned, it would change the way the plugin functions, because right now the videos are playing, while resources are being loaded, acting as a rather nice cover-up.

Nice plugin! One suggestion is the possibliity to have more than one video playing after another.

But anyway, thanks! :)
That's a good idea, i'll do this.
/edit: The plugin has been updated. It can now play any number of videos. They still play while resources are being loaded, because if you are using another splash screen plugin, you could just make a video out of it and add it to this plugin ^^

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm. Alright, I like the multiple video thing. I guess I can get it to work that way!

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Btw: Currently, pressing the "ok" button, clicking with the mouse or touching the screen skips all splash videos at once. Would you guys prefer to skip each video individually, instead?

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Individual, please!

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
individual +1

also...

since you have release 2 plugin that control video...

any way to implement the press ok to skip video in event play video? (or if possible choices [skip] / [cancel])

it's really disturbing if we have to watch the whole video again and again...

(for example we got game over and have to load savefile)

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I added a new plugin parameter, "Skip All", that can be used to toggle this behaviour. If it's set to true, skipping one video will also skip everything else. Defaults to false.

any way to implement the press ok to skip video in event play video? (or if possible choices [skip] / [cancel])
What exactly is the difference between skip and cancel? ^^ Anyway, i'll see, what i can do.
/edit: I could probably add the option to pause videos on cancel and display a small select window "resume"/"skip".

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I added a new plugin parameter, "Skip All", that can be used to toggle this behaviour. If it's set to true, skipping one video will also skip everything else. Defaults to false.

What exactly is the difference between skip and cancel? ^^ Anyway, i'll see, what i can do.

/edit: I could probably add the option to pause videos on cancel and display a small select window "resume"/"skip".
nice update !!!

if you made that plugin it would be awesome

i don't like MV default "event command" play video... since we cannot skip video in event...

skip = skipping the video

cancel = cancel skipping the video :p .

resume / skip look better though :D .

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, is there a way to change which video is played based on a global "switch"?

I was going to use your Achievements plugin and add a hardcoded check for an achievement in order to determine which video to play, but I got error "Cannot read property 'some' of undefined" on line 249 of the Achievement Core "isCompleted: function(id) { return _achievements.some(function(a) { return a.id === id && a.completed; }); }, "

It was a longshot, but I'm wondering if you have any idea for a work around.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
This won't work, because the splash videos are playing, while resources are being loaded (including achievements).

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm. Would you happen to know of any way to read/write to an external file then to do this? The more I was thinking about it, the more I really wanted to have this feature.

For instance:

I call a script call XXX which sets the number written on the file to 3 (in game).

Then, by inserting a script call into the code of your Video plugin, determining the actual name of the file to load, it reads the number 3, and thus does a switch/case statement for case 3.

It seems like it would be easy enough, but I'm not good with that side of Javascript.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hmm, you could simply load the achievement savefile, which contains the ids of all achievements, that have been completed. Kinda like this:

var _achievementCompleted = false;var alias_create = Scene_Boot.prototype.create;Scene_Boot.prototype.create = function() { _loadCompletedAchievements(); alias_create.call(this);};var _loadCompletedAchievements = function() { var completed = StorageManager.exists('_iavra_achievement') ? JSON.parse(StorageManager.load('_iavra_achievement')) : []; _achievementCompleted = completed.contains(...); // Id of the plugin you want to check.};Afterwards, you'll need to modify the _initialize function of the splash plugin to load/skip videos depending on _achievementCompleted./edit: This only works, because savefiles are loaded synchronously. If you were to load the actual achievements file, you would need to add a new "loading" phase (Scene_Boot.create -> (Scene_Boot.isReady) -> Scene_Boot.start) or modify the way splash videos are loaded and played, which would be way more complicated.

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
IT WORKS!!!!! :D

Amazing. Thank you so much for that help.

Now I just gotta finish all the different videos :p

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I modified the plugin by adding 2 new parameters:

- "Skip On Ok" controls, whether videos can be skipped with an "ok" event (enter, spacebar, z, left mouse click, touch).

- "Skip On Cancel" controls, whether videos can be skipped with a "cancel" event (esc, x, right mouse click, double touch).

Reason being, that most games tend to allow skipping via Esc, but everyone might to do it differently. I pondered about adding a "Skip On Any Key" option, but decided against it. Should I?

/edit: And yes, setting both parameter to false ensures, that your videos can't be skipped. Might be a good way to turn off your players :p

Draken

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
There's a way to skip video in game?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Not for normal videos, no. The splash videos are handled differently. Adding skipping to normal videos is on my agenda, but i can't give any fixed date.

(Btw, sorry about the scrambled opening post...the new forum software destroyed all of my code blocks and i'll have to fix them, when i have the time...probably this weekend).

paolo97

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I have a problem :(  I use the javascript of YEP for screen resolution, and the video is small then screen game... If i restart, the video is the same of screen. sorry for my bad english, can you help me? :)

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I have a problem :(  I use the javascript of YEP for screen resolution, and the video is small then screen game... If i restart, the video is the same of screen. sorry for my bad english, can you help me? :)
Did you try switching the plugin order? If that doesn't help, please link the plugin, so I can see what i can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superfluffy