Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use the Lavra Video Title Plugin (But the Updated Version from Cr1tical). Board Link Pastebin Link

The Problem: The Scaling is wrong.

It gives me a black border every time. A working scaling is of course nice, unfortunately I don't know how to fix it or how to remove the faulty scaling.

Example: Video is 1920x1080 - Maker is Fullscreen and 816x624 - Look Attachment Example1.
Example 2: Video 816x624 same like RMMV. Video get splittet and get an Edge. Attachment Example2.

May someone helps me out, please? :)

Attachments

• example1.jpg
    example1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2
  • example2.jpg
    example2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
I think, if your game hasn't multiple resolutions, you can try to rescale the video with a video editor.
Also, drop the use of this plugin, and make it plays in a map before the title screen(using any plugin that skips title screen).
Even if you have multiple resolutions, I think it's best for you to rescale the video according to the resolutions you have, since you can't find help to fix this plugin.

Put a conditional branch "(If Graphics.width === 816) play video X
if Graphics.width === 1280 Play video Y...
etc...

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I think, if your game hasn't multiple resolutions, you can try to rescale the video with a video editor.
Also, drop the use of this plugin, and make it plays in a map before the title screen(using any plugin that skips title screen).
Even if you have multiple resolutions, I think it's best for you to rescale the video according to the resolutions you have, since you can't find help to fix this plugin.

Put a conditional branch "(If Graphics.width === 816) play video X
if Graphics.width === 1280 Play video Y...
etc...

@Eliaquim
Thank you very much for your answer.
Well ... Actually, I just want the video as the background for the title screen. Just playing only the video and skipping the screen is not a Solution for me. :(

Sure, there is still the PNG variant (split gifs), but it is cumbersome and mostly the intermediate step (splitting and converting) is not smooth. That's why I was looking for a plugin that just plays the video in the background.

Basically, the plugin does exactly that. I was hoping it was not that difficult to remove the scaling. But I was apparently wrong as a layperson.

Do you otherwise have an alternative or an idea? :)

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh! My bad.
Do you want to play a video in the title screen scene?
While the player chooses a new game, continue, etc?

[EDIT] I think there are other plugins that do that, in the Japanese community. I will take a look. But I've found this here.

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim
Oh! My bad.
Do you want to play a video in the title screen scene?
While the player chooses a new game, continue, etc?

[EDIT] I think there are other plugins that do that, in the Japanese community. I will take a look. But I've found this here.

Yes, I'm looking for that. Thanks for the link, but the plugin was the first one I used. Unfortunately that doesn't work at all or at least I don't find the error.

In this thread I was made aware of the Lavra plugin.

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I not tested it, but see if it will work.
AXY_TitleVideo.js
@Eliaquim
Thank you very much :) Unfortunately, the plugin only gives out a black screen. The creator is apparently active. So I left him a Message on Github.

Let's see if I get a reaction. If you still have an alternative, always bring it along: D

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh no!! I think I will try this here to see if it works.
But here is another one.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
I tested here the AXY_TitleVideo.js and it worked.
It not does the rescale, but if I put the resolution of the video the same as the game, it works without black bars.
Can you try it in a new project, only with this plugin to see if it works for you?
I used rmmv 1.6.2

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I tested here the AXY_TitleVideo.js and it worked.
It not does the rescale, but if I put the resolution of the video the same as the game, it works without black bars.
Can you try it in a new project, only with this plugin to see if it works for you?
I used rmmv 1.6.2

This is a little embarrassing to me now ^^ Can you maybe send me the sample project? That would really help me. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim

I had already tried a blank project. Nevertheless, I created a new project to be really sure. Nothing changed.

I really have no idea why it doesn't work. I tried different formats (webm and mp4), different sizes, different videos. I changed the layer (Video 1, Title 1 + 2 to 0.5 / 0).

Title pictures faded out, faded in (again checked for the layers). I also tried his Splash Title Screen, but with the same result.

However, I noticed that it shows an error (undefined.png not found). Don't know why, but he search it (in dir img). So i gave him a "undefined.png", but no changes.

Hm ... So I'm running out of ideas .. ^^
So I would like to compare the projects if that's okay with you :)

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok!
I will send the project to you later!

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
Sorry for taking to long.
Here is the project(Dropbox).

:D So I have to say that I'm pretty stunned about the cause. Why it didn't work with all 3 projects was the name of the plugin.

The original name is "AXY_TitleVideo". Well ... I named it "AXY_Title_Video". So I never expected that the name could play such a role. In any case, I know in the future :D

I really thank for your efforts! You gave me great joy today.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harish-m98