Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Description

Fixes the WindowLayer class, by removing seemingly unneeded and restricting functions from it.

Author

Iavra

How to Use

Simply place anywhere in your plugin list. After adding this plugin, you will be able to do the following things, that were previously impossible:

- Adding overlapping windows via scene.addWindow().

- Using PIXI masks, which act like a more flexible version of VX Ace's viewports.

Note, that this plugin will cause the target window in the default battle system to display on top of the status window. I decided not to fix this, since it might interfere with custom battle systems and most people are using one of those, anyway.

Download

http://pastebin.com/CYRjwcHD

Update: The WindowLayer has been fixed in MV 1.3, so there is no reason to use this plugin, anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
EXCELLENT, 
I have tested and can make circular windows now. The only problem is the border doesn't show but that.s ok.

Is the any ramifications of doing this?

Why would they have that code if it served no purpose?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
That's what i'm trying to find out over the course of this weekend, and the reason why this is in "JS Plugins in Development" and not released ^^

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well I have already been using it and making a test window.

It is coming along nicely. I haven't run into any problems yet. It draws the window and clips it out just fine.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I found the first issue:

When selecting a target in battle, the target window is rendered on top of the status window. Usually, you would only see the top window, since by default windows cut out from each other, but with the modification, you can see the underlying status window (if windows are semi-transparent, which they usually are).

Note sure, if this is really an issue, since most user are using a custom battle system, anyway, but that shouldn't be hard to fix (hide the status window when selecting a target, show it afterwards).

/edit: I'm thinking about not fixing this and just point it out in the plugin description. Changing the battle system in a non-battle system related script might cause a lot of issues, ater all.

//edit: So, if skipped over the scenes, and it seems like Scene_Battle is indeed the only place that visibly changes with this plugin (and only for this particular window).

///edit: Included a way to actually detect, whether this plugin is active, so other plugins can use it as a dependency.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! To think the fix was something that small.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am having a strange bug.

There is a constant window showing in the upper left corner of my screen where.

It never goes away, and i'm not sure what's causing it.

I figured it out, it's Yanfly's Message core.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

X[ oh gawd.... I dropped my super expensive laptop on my hard tile floor! It still comes on and all, but now Im worried its gunna start screwing up in the near future.... I hope not, cant afford to replace stuff like that. :(
I wrote a nice animated preloading system for mv+mz today. It only supports graphic assets atm, should it support audio too? See it in action in my recent minigame @
I posted my first commercial game on the forums, and now waiting for approval.
fingers crossed.
TMW the air quality is so bad, your hair changes color every time you wash it. :LZYyuck:
Finished two animations today. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gesonel