ICF-Soft Params Core

Vanya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excellente! Thanks again for answering my silly questions.

chillsta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ICF-Soft
Hi hi,

I am currently trying to combine your Nparams with some form of Stat Distribution. So far without any luck. I was trying out Alistairs Stat Distribution, but since i dont know anything about Java that script was just beyond me to mess around with.

Next I tried out Yanfly´s Skill learn + JP plugins, so you could buy Stat Points for Job Points. The basic notetag for Skills for this one would be something like this:

<Learn Cost Eval>
user._paramPlus[0] += 200;
user.forgetSkill(19);
user.refresh();
</Learn Cost Eval>

I optimistically tried this:

<Learn Cost Eval>
user._NparamPlus[dex] += 200; (or user._paramPlus[dex] += 200)
user.forgetSkill(19);
user.refresh();
</Learn Cost Eval>

but of course without any luck. "Var=dex not defined" was the error message.

The only thing i got working so far, is binding 1 Skill to 1 State with Yanflys Passive-State Plugin and giving the state <NPARAMPLUS: dex 3>. But that would require making 1Skill and 1State for each time a stat would be upgraded, as the skill can not be forgotten.

So, I was wondering if you either plan to make a distribution system yourself, which would be awesome i think, or if you would be able to help me get Alistairs or Yanflys method to work with your Plugin.
Any help or suggestions would be most welcome!
Thanks ^^/

Last edited:

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ICF-Soft
Hi hi,

I am currently trying to combine your Nparams with some form of Stat Distribution. So far without any luck. I was trying out Alistairs Stat Distribution, but since i dont know anything about Java that script was just beyond me to mess around with.

Next I tried out Yanfly´s Skill learn + JP plugins, so you could buy Stat Points for Job Points. The basic notetag for Skills for this one would be something like this:

<Learn Cost Eval>
user._paramPlus[0] += 200;
user.forgetSkill(19);
user.refresh();
</Learn Cost Eval>

I optimistically tried this:

<Learn Cost Eval>
user._NparamPlus[dex] += 200; (or user._paramPlus[dex] += 200)
user.forgetSkill(19);
user.refresh();
</Learn Cost Eval>

but of course without any luck. "Var=dex not defined" was the error message.

The only thing i got working so far, is binding 1 Skill to 1 State with Yanflys Passive-State Plugin and giving the state <NPARAMPLUS: dex 3>. But that would require making 1Skill and 1State for each time a stat would be upgraded, as the skill can not be forgotten.

So, I was wondering if you either plan to make a distribution system yourself, which would be awesome i think, or if you would be able to help me get Alistairs or Yanflys method to work with your Plugin.
Any help or suggestions would be most welcome!
Thanks ^^/
Making Alistairs plugin work with mine is complex, but Yanflys one it's easier.

user._NParamPlus works like user._paramPlus. Both are arrays and need a number to reference a param.
Asuming that dex is nparam #0 you can use this:
Code:
<Learn Cost Eval>
user._NParamPlus[0] += 200;
user.forgetSkill(19);
user.refresh();
</Learn Cost Eval>
I hope this will help you.

chillsta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice, its working!
Thanks a lot mate! ^^

BillyWroth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is just perfect! I've been a long time waiting for more control over parameters inside rpg maker. But how could I show my new parameters inside the game? It seems you haven't done this inside this plugin, but is there a way to call the parameters inside another plugin?

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

BillyWroth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ICF-Soft thank you so much for the response! I'm achieving what I was looking for thanks to that script. I just made a test with your plugin for the status menu and it works beautifully. But I use yanfly's scripts for the menu as well and, of course, it override yours. In yanfly's plugin options there is a custom option to call an extra window with another plugin system for it. But I guess your script would need a whole configuration to display the parameters columns inside that window. Would that be too hard to do? Because I may do that by myself lol (I've been avoiding learning more of javascript due my laziness, perhaps this is the time to change it) :kaoangry:

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to create a stat that does not grow with level that can be applied only to weapons/armor? For instance an Attack rating and an Armor rating?

2. Is it possible for these new stats to be shown in Moghunter's plugins?

James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't seen to make it work :(

I've put this on a actor's notetag:

<PPARAMFLAT: bur 100>

But it doesn't seem to work on damage formulas.

I've also tried using your status menu plugin but the params doesn't seem to show there too. (I'm using RMMV 1.5.2)

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@James
You must configure the params you want to use first inside plugin parameters. You give it an internal name, a name to be shown, base value. Then you can use notetags in actors, classes, enemies, etc.

@Johnboy
1 - You can create a pparam and use it for weapons/armors only. Then depending on the use you'll do of them you can call them from battler directly or individual equipment with script.
2 - I don't know how Moghunter's plugins work so I'm not sure.

James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

What I'm doing wrong? Also, is this plugin standalone? (The image show the pparam's config, the actor's notetag and a simple damage formula for testing)

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@James
First. This plugin is not a standalone plugin. It requires ICFSoft Main Utility to work.

And for the pparam config, you can leave limits blank or place "(this.isACtor())? [0, 100] : [0, 100]" without quotes.
I've tested it and works for me.

I hope this will be usefull.

Pandude

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is very flexible, but I'm having trouble changing evation rate to this:

eva = 100 + (user's luck - target's luck) ÷ 10

tried with [ 100+(a.luk-b.luk)/10 ] but it doesn't work.
Could you help me please?

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Pandude
Evasion rate is an individual param and isn't target afected.

Battle formulas are used to check if a hit is landed or evaded.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, any hopes for Yanfly Status core compatibility?

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @TrentenniSfigati
The status core compatibility is something I'm considering but I have updates to my params core and status menu to be done earlier.

Greetings.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your reply ICF-Soft! I really appreciate your work. Can't really get any of your plugins to work yet (and its such a pity,because you designed essentially every function I needed) , but I think I'll get somewhere with some trial and error. Thanks for your work!

PS.
Could it be I am on 1.6.1?

Last edited:

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe it's because most of my plugins need the main utility plugin to work.
I can help you configure them.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much! Yes I could use your help. That'd be great! :)
I have main utility so that shouldn't be the problem.
I am attaching an updated list of the ideal plugins I'd like to use. Of course now I'm doing also some tests using less plugins to try finding the error.
But I can't make the NParams and PParams work in any way.

Attachments

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to show a custom parameter in the equip menu, with no success. Instead of custom parameter, a blank field is shown. I'm pretty sure I'm doing a very basic mistake here.
PS Do parameters work with Yanfly custom parameter formulas? How to use them?

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

TFW: You get a text from someone and a long conversation--but you have no idea who this person is and don't wanna be that guy that asks "Who is this by the way?" I have no clue who this person is... but they seem to know me quite well. :rswt
You know, after all these years of using RM I've never played To The Moon. With being busy with life and then after my mom died I was too emotionally fragile to play something that heavy. Has anyone played the Switch version? Is there any big differences between that and the RM version?
Today I finished my Lets Play. Gonna have the videos scheduled for daily uploads now. Woo I finished something ^^
*tries to study Emergence of Bangladesh: Ancient Bengal* Matsyanyayam- When the law of punishment is kept in abeyance... okay what? *searches dictionary* oh! Ok. In abeyance, it gives rise to such disorders as is implied in the proverb of fishes i.e the larger fish swallows a small one- wait fishes eat each other!? Is that like... fishy cannibalism!?...Oh! It's 8:30! Time for dinner! *throws book on floor*
Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vandso