ICF-Soft Params Core

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by ICF-Soft, Jul 13, 2016.

1. zerobeat032

zerobeat032 Directional NPC Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh ok. Sorry, I had tried it before and it didn't work... which is why I asked. I realize now I had my rate set wrong. glad I noticed. thanks so much for your assistance.

2. factus

factus Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi ICF-Soft. First, I really like this plugin! I'm almost embarrassed to ask this, because it's such a basic question, but I've read the help file, and this thread, and I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I currently have version 1.08 installed, and I'm playing RMMV through Steam. The only other plugins I am using are the default ones (Community_Basic) and MadeWithMV.

I've set the first Nparam on the list to "str" just to test out the way the Nparams work. I wanted to set the damage formula for "attack" to something really simple. So I set it to a.str and nothing else.

But the actor is still doing 0 damage, so I'm wondering if I have a value wrong somewhere, or I'm not using the formula correctly. For a level 1 character, str should be set to 30, since that's what I have as the first number for Base, right? I know I'm probably skipping a step somewhere.

Cactus Cat - RPG Maker MV 6_8_2019 1_54_24 PM.png
    Cactus Cat - RPG Maker MV 6_8_2019 1_48_31 PM.png Cactus Cat - RPG Maker MV 6_8_2019 1_49_13 PM.png

3. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi @factus,
    It needs ICF-Soft Main Utility plugin to work.

I hope this will help you.

4. Aryn

Aryn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, ICF-Soft. This plugin seems really great, and I'm trying to replace Quasi's plugin with yours to see if I can get it to play nicer with Yanfly. However, I'm a little confused about how to manipulate the values. I'm trying to set up a pretty complex system of damage formula + common event, but I don't totally understand how to manipulate the values of your NParams. So I'm afraid I'll probably need more help than this, sorry. :(

But to at least test things out, how would I change the value of an actor's parameter in an event or store it in a variable? For example, I'm trying to set the value of a custom Nparam to a variable in a damage formula (e.g. b.new += 1; v[1] = b.new), but when I try to display the value in a textbox, it reads 0. Then, if I wanted to change an actor's parameter or use an actor's parameter as a conditional in an event script box, how would I do that?

I've read through the How To Use thoroughly and these pages, but I still don't really understand how to manipulate them properly. There is a lot on notetags, but not on formulas or script. I'd really appreciate your help, and thank you for creating and maintaining such awesome plugins~!

5. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi @Aryn,
    I you try to use formulas like "b.new += 1" or "b.new = b.new + 1" wouln't work because of Nparams nature. If this become avaiable and a character with "new 15" has equipped an armor that gives "new + 50" and you use "b.new += 1" when you check status you'll find a value of 116 instead of 66 because params are completely calculated when called.
    There way to set Nparam values are setNParamBase addNParam. To set value you use "b.setNewBase(value)" and to increas value you use "b.addNParam(id, value)" where id is the index of param.

6. Aryn

Aryn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, thank you, this helps a lot! But what if I want to reference an actor's parameter in an event? In particular, I want to call the actor based on a variable storing their actor.Id().

7. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    You can try this code:
    Code:
    var a = $gameActors.actor($gameVariables.value(variable));
    a.new;

8. Aryn

Aryn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That worked, great! Thank you again. Just in case someone else with very limited scripting skills is trying to do this, this is how I got the value successfully passed to a variable:

Code:
    var a = $gameActors.actor($gameVariables.value(1));
    var b = a.new;
    $gameVariables.setValue(2, b);

9. N-Amata

N-Amata Villager Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! I want to make a skill that targets the enemy to damage them, but also raises one of your own CParams. How do I this?

10. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    There is a CParam drain feature but it's only used for same cparam. There isn't a feature that mixes cparams yet.

11. N-Amata

N-Amata Villager Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's unfortunate. However, is there a way to do this with either of the any other Param types?

12. Zemtax

Zemtax Secret Open World Game Dev Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can't seem to figure out a way to make this work with Yanfly's Attachable Augments.
    I'm trying to use:

<Augment Attach Eval: xyz>
    # add PParam to the item via javascript
    </Augment Attach Eval: xyz>

would also need a way to remove the PParam from the item with yanfly's detach eval.

Maybe someone here knows how to do it, or even an alternative way to accomplish this :D

13. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Zemtax and BlueMage like this.
  14. Zemtax

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I do have that plugin installed. I supposed I just don't know what the syntax would look like if I were to put PParams into the attachable augment notetag. Didn't see anything in the description.

15. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    It should work same way as the other parameters.
    This code works for me:
    Code:
    <Augment: Orb>
    str: +50
    con: +50
    wil: +50
    Add Debuff: int, 50%
    </Augment: Orb>
    Maybe plugins could be in a wrong order.

Zemtax likes this.
  16. Zemtax

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, it's that easy huh? Thanks a lot ICF :D Thought it was going to be some JS.
    And thanks for the quick help!

17. WiegrafDX

WiegrafDX Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I have the MainUtility and ParamsCore plugin installed and am trying to modify the MHP and MMP calculation.

I have modified the default parameters to be STR, VIT, FOC, WIL, AGI and LUK. Currently, the default eval is for HP and MP is "(Base + Plus) * Rate * XRate * Buff + Flat + XFlat".

What I'd like to do is actually have the eval consider other parameters. Namely, I want to add to these eval that, for HP, VIT x 2 and STR are added to maximum HP while WIL x 2 and FOC are added to maximum MP. I figured that I would need to add "user.vit * 2", for example, to the eval to add that VIT x 2 to the maximum HP.

Yet, when I run my test game, the value remains the default one and goes unchanged.

18. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi @WiegrafDX,

You can try to use "this.vit * 2".

19. WiegrafDX

WiegrafDX Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm... tried with "this.vit" but no change.

To give you an idea, the base HP progression goes from 15 and gains 3 per level and MP is 10 and gains 2 per level through the database. So at Level 1, they'd have 15 HP and 10 MP.

After changing the eval to have "this.vit * 2" and "this.str" for HP and "this.wil * 2" and "this.foc" for MP, both stats still show as 15 and 10 even with 5 in all parameters (which should lead to 30 HP and 25 MP)

upload_2019-11-25_20-55-4.png

upload_2019-11-25_20-56-25.png

20. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    BParam Base Eval parameters work different than you're trying to use. The first thing to know is that completely override database param for actors and enemies when used, but can use level 1 param inside formula with "base". The second is that is not a complete formula, it's a calculation before appling plus, rate, xrate, and all modifiers.

A correct formula could be "base + (this.level - 1) * 3 + this.vit * 2 + this.str" for BParam0 Base Eval or, if you want different formulas for different actors/classes, you can use notetags like this:
    Code:
    <CUSTOM PARAM BASE mhp>
    value = 15 + (this.level - 1) * 3;
    value += this.vit * 2 + this.str;
    </CUSTOM PARAM BASE>