Iconset Index Selection Tool

PK8

I sense there's something in the wind...
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Iconset Index Selection Tool

This was a tool I thought up while eating breakfast one morning. Then I figured I'd go take a break from a project I was working on to build this. A few minutes after beginning development, I realised Ace had a way of displaying the Icon's Index when selecting an Icon. I hope someone finds it useful anyway.

This web-based tool lets users quickly view the indexes of each icon.

Changes

For v2, taking a suggestion from either SolarGale or Vee (I can't remember who suggested it), I decided to make this a lot more dynamic. Now you can use an Iconset of any size (as long as it's not too large to the point where it'll crash your browser), find indexes of an iconset you're viewing, and punch in a remote url to another iconset which will make the page change iconsets on the fly.

Demo

Iconset Index 2 Demo Page

Iconset Index Demo Page

Download

Iconset Index 2 zip file (This is even better.)

Iconset Index zip file (Have fun and replace the Iconset file with your own!)

Thanks

Bravo2Kilo, SolarGale, Veekeith, Zairakai, Demiurge, NYX, Necromus, and Jeneeus Guruman for watching little of or all of the stream based on the making of this.

Coming Soon

As a suggestion from the stream, I'll attempt to make a dynamic version of this tool where an iconset of any height can be used. Done!

Last edited by a moderator:

SolarGale

Learning
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Man you always make such great tools, and aesthetically pleasing too, kudos PK8, you definitely deserve some credit. Useful for those who don't have ace and find it difficult to work out the index. Can't wait for a dynamic version! good luck getting it working mate. :3

Reactions: PK8

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
If people could use this to load their own iconset it would be incredible useful, specially for setting icons in script settings. It's a pain to close the script editor to check the icon index on the database.

PK8

I sense there's something in the wind...
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You're in luck, Victor. I just made a version 2 to this. This one's javascript-powered, allowing users to use any iconset (as long as it's not too large to the point of crashing your browser). Check it out. :D

Edit: You could also download them and replace the iconsets with your own.

Black Jack

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Uhh Can You Edit it into 32px X 32px ?? Im using custom sheet and cant change the Image in the Index.htm.
So I decide to change the CSS code but ends up in error. Can you help me 

Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Excuse me Mate,the file is missing

Geekyone

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone know if this is still working / valid?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pradeepkanojia