Iconset Source?

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by RoseofElandil, Apr 10, 2019.

1. RoseofElandil

RoseofElandil Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello,

My apologies if it's the wrong thread...I've been seeing these icons on the web a long time ago, I think I had the impression it's free to use but now I'm not sure and Googling didn't help much in my case. Can I ask if someone knows who made these icons, and how are their terms of use? Specifically I wanted to see if I can use the icons under the Magic, Status and Text. Thank you.

2. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Beware of that iconset. There are many different icons from different RPG Maker engines, and to be able to use them you must own all the versions from which the different icons were taken. Furthermore I think there are some non RPG Maker icons that were taken from somewhere else, not sure if it's legit. Perhaps someone else could shed more light on that particular iconset.

RoseofElandil likes this.
  3. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, most of those Icons are from various artist, but unless you're really good at eyeing art it'll be a lot of work to try and credit all of those artists. Plus About half of the icons are rips from various video games so it's best to just avoid the whole thing. If you're looking for big lists of icons I suggest checking out these pages:

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/translated-terms-of-usage-of-japanese-blogs.27527/
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/grannys-lists-icons-and-balloons.27484/

4. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @RoseofElandil I've removed that iconset, as it shares a lot of icons with the Big Iconset (which should never be used due to having rips). Even if they weren't rips, it would be almost impossible to recognize and properly be able to credit all the artists' works that were in that sheet so it's better to build your own iconset where you know all the proper credits.

5. RoseofElandil

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks guys. Is there just no legit icons in that set? I only wanted to see if the skill icons (i.e. the ones with the grey background) were legit.

6. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Right now its hard to check the legitness of each of them, and since a bunch of them are readily recognizable as ripped, you're better off not using any of the icons in that sheet.

There are lots of free to use resources out here, and there are also some good stuff for cheap prices here and sometimes on humble bundle..

7. RoseofElandil

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks! I can definitely poke around some more with the resources listed by Uzuki :) It was just hard finding good skill icons as a lot of icons I found were items. Glad I checked then!

8. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I don't see them mentioned yet, so do check out Avery's icons. I'm pretty sure she has made more icons than that ripped Big Iconset.

9. RoseofElandil

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I think Avery’s icons is in the list by Grandma Deb that Uzuki posted, but it’s fantastic, should be mentioned at every opportunity xD