RoseofElandil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello,

My apologies if it's the wrong thread...I've been seeing these icons on the web a long time ago, I think I had the impression it's free to use but now I'm not sure and Googling didn't help much in my case. Can I ask if someone knows who made these icons, and how are their terms of use? Specifically I wanted to see if I can use the icons under the Magic, Status and Text. Thank you.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Beware of that iconset. There are many different icons from different RPG Maker engines, and to be able to use them you must own all the versions from which the different icons were taken. Furthermore I think there are some non RPG Maker icons that were taken from somewhere else, not sure if it's legit. Perhaps someone else could shed more light on that particular iconset.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, most of those Icons are from various artist, but unless you're really good at eyeing art it'll be a lot of work to try and credit all of those artists. Plus About half of the icons are rips from various video games so it's best to just avoid the whole thing. If you're looking for big lists of icons I suggest checking out these pages:

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/translated-terms-of-usage-of-japanese-blogs.27527/
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/grannys-lists-icons-and-balloons.27484/

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@RoseofElandil I've removed that iconset, as it shares a lot of icons with the Big Iconset (which should never be used due to having rips). Even if they weren't rips, it would be almost impossible to recognize and properly be able to credit all the artists' works that were in that sheet so it's better to build your own iconset where you know all the proper credits.

RoseofElandil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks guys. Is there just no legit icons in that set? I only wanted to see if the skill icons (i.e. the ones with the grey background) were legit.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Right now its hard to check the legitness of each of them, and since a bunch of them are readily recognizable as ripped, you're better off not using any of the icons in that sheet.

There are lots of free to use resources out here, and there are also some good stuff for cheap prices here and sometimes on humble bundle..

RoseofElandil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks! I can definitely poke around some more with the resources listed by Uzuki :) It was just hard finding good skill icons as a lot of icons I found were items. Glad I checked then!

RoseofElandil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think Avery’s icons is in the list by Grandma Deb that Uzuki posted, but it’s fantastic, should be mentioned at every opportunity xD

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif
Ugh. The one time I forget to save every hour or so is also the day my computer crashes. That's life!
Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luka1712