Iconsets as graphics

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by HellFireRevenant, Oct 2, 2019.

1. HellFireRevenant

HellFireRevenant Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello all,
    I'm working on a game and wanna use some icons as graphics, since the event graphics in the software aren't quite what id like. Is there any way I can explore the iconset as a character graphic? I tried simply copying the file but it wouldn't select one direct icon, but rather a long thing strip of them.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can use icons as event graphics, but you have to format them correctly (as a character sheet) and put them into the right folder. You say you copied the file but didn't say if you did any formatting changes. The help file (F1) will show you the correct format.

3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'General Resources' is where people who have created a resource suitable for more than one engine, e.g. music, can post them.

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

4. HellFireRevenant

HellFireRevenant Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I did as the help manager said, and imported the file through the resource manager, but its still giving me the same problem, and won't allow me to select a single icon. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can't just import the icon file as a character. As I said, you have to format them correctly first, and my reference to the help file was in relation to the formatting of the character sheet, not how to import something using the resource manager.

Characters are 12 across and 8 down per character sheet. Icons are 16 across and I-don't-know-how-many down. You have to use a graphics editor (Photoshop or GIMP or Paint.NET - NOT MS Paint) to create a new image that's the correct width and size (12x32 pixels across, and 8x32 pixels down), and put the individual images into the correct positions. THEN you can import it. Depending on how many you want, you may need to create several.