I'd Love a Modern Japanese Interior Tileset, Please.

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by HappyDannyLovely, Dec 15, 2016.

1. HappyDannyLovely

HappyDannyLovely Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Greetings! Does anyone know where I can find some tilesets for a modern Japanese interior, for the RPG Maker MV engine?

I'm looking for details such as, a floor tile for the section at the entrance where you take off your shoes, shoe racks, shoes to put in the entrance area. Also, bathroom slippers, because I think Japanese people prefer to have slippers for that. A bathroom with a stool and a little shower place to wash before you get into the bathtub. I'd also love a traditional Japanese toilet and a modern electronic Japanese toilet. A kotatsu would be great, along with some more traditional closets, sliding doors, and windows with shutters, maybe a futon or two. One or two posters or paintings would be great too, but not required. I'm very fond of the original base tilesets in the MV engine, and I'd prefer to keep everything blending in that that style. 

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ogedei has some beautiful Asian themed tiles here. There are also some wonderful Japanese houses/themes in com_sho's work here.  

Amy_Yuki likes this.
  3. HappyDannyLovely

First Language:
    English
    Those are wonderful artists with great talent, and I think I might use some of their works. However, I don't think they have all the details I'm looking for.

I still thank you for showing those links to me. I appreciate it.

4. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  5. HappyDannyLovely

First Language:
    English
    Gee ... this looks like a nice site ... but I do not understand Japanese. I might have to use some Google Translate, but I'm not sure if I can copy and paste the menu options to translate.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2016
  6. Mikleo

Mikleo Resource Hunter Veteran

First Language:
    English
  7. HappyDannyLovely

First Language:
    English
    I'm currently looking through the first link. I found something that google translates as this: 

OK · Use with age restricted works (for men and women) · Combining map chips on MV (place books on top of desk etc.) · Fitting icons into blank spaces · Replacing locations etc. · Use for paying works

Use of paying works? Do you think that means that commercial usage of these sets are okay?

8. HappyDannyLovely

First Language:
    English
    By the way, to everyone who helped me, I appreciate it. Thank you all so much. You all didn't have to help, but you did. I haven't quite found what I'm looking for, exactly, but at least I found some interesting things to look at and consider. I'll keep looking, but I'm thinking that maybe I should just make my own tilesets. I'm not artistically skilled, but maybe I can make something with a simplistic, monochrome, lineart look. I've seen some very nice games that have tilesets and sprites that look like plain lineart, and so I'm a little bit inspired. I've figured out how to make decent, if plain, wall autotiles, floors, and even a counter. I hope I can draw furniture and stuff decently enough to work. Actually, the one thing I'm most worried about is portrait drawing. I wonder if I can get away with a cartoony, Invader Zim combined with Winx inspired look and still have mature and serious themes in the games' stories. I'm digressing now. Anyway, I thank you all again. There's no more need to find tilesets for me if you don't want to. Peace!

9. Mikleo

Mikleo Resource Hunter Veteran

First Language:
    English

Oh, you're making a commercial game? And yes, it's allowed in commercial games, as stated in the Terms.

Here's a guide:

10. HappyDannyLovely

First Language:
    English
    Thanks! I'm the type who refuses to use anything unless it's allowed for commercial use.