Darkbeetlebot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I just recently came up with a "bonus" mechanic for my more dungeon-crawly game that acts kind of like the gun altar from Borderlands 2. With this, the player would be able to approach an event of some kind such as a large vat or stone altar, discard any of their weapons or armors into it and then get a random reward.

The problem here is that I have no idea of how I would go about doing such a thing. There isn't item dropping by default, and I don't know how to have the game bring up the player's inventory so that they would be able to choose from the list of things to discard. This looks like something that's going to require a script, which I wouldn't currently be able to do. I'm sure that saying this would spark an actual scripter's fancy, though.

So does anyone know how I may be able to accomplish this using regular events? Maybe something messing around with variables? If it wouldn't work like that, I'm content with limiting it to something more universal such as currency.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't think of a way using regular events.  Weapons/armors aren't selectable from the Items list, so you'd have to use event commands, and I imagine the only way to do it would be to have a whole stack of conditional branches to go through everything one by one, which would be a nightmare for the player.

If you want a script written, report your post and ask for the thread to be moved.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it
Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheodoricThaGood