Rerisu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings everyone.

I'm currently working on a musical (orchestra) themed RPG called Fortissimo.

I'm currently in the conceptualization stage of the project's development and wanted to present my general idea in order to get some feedback to move forward with. I'm shooting to make a shorter game, something that serves to be a functionally varied and entertaining player experience without falling into the pitfall of overzealous plotlines and other such conundrums.

The story of the game mainly focuses on the main character Williamson, who is introduced to the player as a concertmaster in a somewhat enchanted, magical world. The bulk of the game centers around the recent death of his teacher and the journey to find the 10 missing pages of his composition diary in order to allow Williamson to continue his teacher's research into the concept of 'magical music'.

Magical music within the context of the game would serve the bulk of the player's combat abilities so to speak, with Williamson being able to learn different arrangements (spells) and use a variety of instruments (replacing weapons) to manipulate status effects and affinities within battle - which will primarily be handled through the usage of Moghunter's Theatrhythm addon, as the Theatrhythmn series of games are a heavy influence to my overall project.

As discussed above, the overall goal of the game would be seeing the player collect all 10 of the teacher's pages and forming them into a book item that the player starts off with as a 'key item' within the inventory. Afterwhich the player returns to the main town of the setting and a cutscene plays which ends the game.

What advice would you have for me in regards to ensuring I don't overdo things whilst planning out systems and laying out
a base plotline? I've had many uncomplete projects due to shooting beyond my limits and I would like to have this idea assessed based on what would be most efficient for a short-form game. (Only a few hours or so.)

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm planning to make a music game too. ^w^

So, what I'd recommend is getting the intro scene and the 10 pages quest completely built up, then make everything else around that. That way, you stick to your plan and don't go in circles.

Rerisu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your input! I hope you succeed in making your game. ^^

Former_Sky

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It sounds solid. The only other musical rpg I can think of is Eternal Sonata, so you may want to research that for inspiration.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I second that. Great game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.
Weekend is finally here... what would you like to see (?):
1) Pokemon into zelda minish-cap style
or
2) Pokemon into zelda gbc style
or
3) Zelda into pokemon style

#= Choose ===============#
||__[ Full mockup ]_[ Charset ]__||
#=======================#
I know someday I'll start working on this...

I'm so happy that I got Steam achievements to work in my game, thanks in large part to the posts by other RPG Maker devs on this issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YatoPL