VNMaker Idea for IOS or Android game

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by TheTownsBestGamer, Nov 15, 2018.

1. TheTownsBestGamer

TheTownsBestGamer Villager Member

First Language:
    Danish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey guys! I am new to this. I am a young writer (25) and i actually made my account, because i thought i had an okay gaming idea.
    It would be nice if you would judge the idea, so it can be find tuned, or tell me if its just something alot of people say.

I am sure that the idea is pretty easy to accomplise, pixel grafic would work like wonders, because i am thinking that it should be kindda old school. I saw a game making tool called RPG maker VX which would work for this. I only have the idea for the start of it for now, but if there are a team of people that would be interested in making the idea happen, then i would be happy to thing more about the story(Potentially if there is other writers or people that are good at making events/Short stories, we could come up with something together)

For starters alot of RPG`s is set in the old times, with caves, knighs, magicians and so on. This would be set in modern time, in a high school setting. The start should hook people on the storie, by being a bit goofy and funny, with our protagonist fighting bullyes and random ass harrashment. An exampel on this can be, that the he is approch by some bullys from the school, that throws erasers after him, which he parry with his trusty ruler. Then he throws some algebra equastion after the bullies, confusing them before making an escape.

So here comes the part that would probably turn some people off, but i believe it would be a strong asset, if used correctly, and would make it easier to either sell the game, or just gets downloads in generel. I would like for it to be a cross over game, were we use popular anime characters from different shows. Or the anime characters is not as important as the skill set that they posses. That would be good, because there is not really any anime cross over RPG out there, and people can see some unique skills and even get to learn them, with their characters.

We would also have an easy and unique way to introduce, that this is a cross over game by giving him some cringy parrents, whose roles is to make different kind of anime refrenches, by talking about there powers. Like Sasukes Chidory, or naruto`s shadowclones. By growing up with parrents like that, we make it so it have a mental effect on our main characters, and because of that, he will sometimes make refrences himself or respont to the wrong names.

And with parrents like that, it becomes our job to come up with cringy senarios, and i think that would be pretty fun(Of course we are talking about the right kind of cringe, were the player feel and maybe even laugh a bit at the characters, because they can feel his pain)

We could then make him fight the shounen protagonist or antagonist, eventually learning some of their skills. We would of course need some original antagonist and protagonist to make it work, but i think people would enjoy fighting against, and getting coach by characters they are already familiar with.

And we should pay attensions against witch characters we use. Of course popular stuff like Naruto, bleach and Academia can be a given, but it would be cool to be able to include the less popular shounens like Hitman Reborn

We can also go away from that idea, and keep the refrences by text only, by having our mc refrence them himself. Then we have to come up with an explenation for when he recieve some powers with his class mates and bullies. That will be easyer to explain by having cross over characters come over, teaching him powers, with meditation, training and so on.

Another think that would be cool is to not make it about some crappy world dominance or make it so "Oh no the world is dying". It should be more personal, and close to people.

The good think about not using anime characters apperence as an approach, is that it actually becomes easier to make more relatable. It would be easyer to make the game be about his lifes struggels then. I would rather be behind something grounded, fun and relateble, comepared to some anime-dragonball like BS.... Thats also why it would be nice, to let the boss battles be memorable. Giv the battles something unique, instead of the game just being about getting stronger and stronger...

Also the text refrences is probably the one to go for. I can imagin getting problem with copyright issues if we use already created characters. Then we will just creat our own magic system for use. Its a little more work, but i already have one that we can either use, or we can make a totally different one. My own system is very grounded and it becomes very hard to make grafic refrences to some powers.

Anyhow thats like the start of the idea :)

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I moved this to Ideas and Prototypes, I think it's better suited there.

3. TheTownsBestGamer

First Language:
    Danish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ah thank you!

4. wyicedtea

wyicedtea wyatt Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think this sounds pretty cool! I like the ideas and think this could be a very interesting and funny game. I could see some issues with using already existing anime characters, so I believe it would be funny if you were to make characters that are essentially just obvious knockoffs of these characters. :)

5. TheTownsBestGamer

First Language:
    Danish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    aah yea! Thats a good idea!
    It also becomes more fun, when you make obvious knockoff characters :D