Idea - RPG Maker Filtering Option

Venima

Treasure experiences and sensations, not progress.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It would be nice to be able to tick versions of RPG Maker and have it filter out (hide) any forums that aren't relevant.

For example, if I picked MV, the RPG Maker Central forums would be hidden, since they're only relevant to the other versions of RM. Of course the idea is they're checkboxes so you could tick multiple.

The main reason for this is that there are a lot of forums and the name 'Maker Specific' or 'RGSS' doesn't immediately jump out as being irrelevant to MV. Anything to reduce volume I feel would reduce confusion navigating the forums.

JtheDuelist

Just a dev who actually got a game finished
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Venima I think the issue though would be that there are people like me who own EVERY RPG Maker, and what if we are looking for something for a RM we didn't pick as our primary? This would just make it even more of a hassle.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Plus some like to read the not relevant forums too. For instance, most solutions in MV will work in ACE still, especially when it comes to eventing, it's only the scripting language that changed and some other internal details.

Romanticist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Venima I think the issue though would be that there are people like me who own EVERY RPG Maker, and what if we are looking for something for a RM we didn't pick as our primary? This would just make it even more of a hassle.
The default could be "All Makers". But if you only want, say, 2003 and VX, you could click those. I think that's what the OP means?

Venima

Treasure experiences and sensations, not progress.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The default could be "All Makers". But if you only want, say, 2003 and VX, you could click those. I think that's what the OP means?
Yeah so it would be an optional feature that you can tick or untick at your leisure. Not associated with the 'primary' you enter as part of your profile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)
In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnamano