TRADE Idealia: 1919 -Now Recruiting-

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Starbird_Resources, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Starbird_Resources

Starbird_Resources Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    *Theme Warning* Possible inclusion of religion in context of general information about world religions

PROJECT
    Idealia: 1919

001-Idealia-Recruitment-Poster-1.png
    Characters made with help from Heromachine 2.0 Portrait Creator. See Heromachine.com

ENGINE
    RPG Maker MV

SYNOPSIS
    Idealia: 1919 is an exploration and collection game with puzzle solving and real-life skill development components. The goal
    is to create a fun, rich game experience that incorporates educational elements with a special focus on historical and cultural
    (art, music, literature, architecture, etc.) knowledge. Depending on developer skill set (or my own limitations), the game will include a non-combat "battle" system. Regardless, the focus of this game will not be conventional RPG-style battles. The game world parallels the "real world" but with explicitly expanded metaphysical aspects. As an advisement on sensitive themes, religion may factor into the game, largely in terms of a survey of historical world religions.

BACKGROUND
    Five years ago, beginning in February of 1914, a series of increasingly severe Carrington-type events destroyed electrical, telephone, and telegraph systems worldwide. With public attention focused on the spectacle of these baffling solar storms and the mass media hamstrung by delayed international communications, the previously explosive political situation in Europe has been defused, for the time being. In fact, circumstances have led to a fragile detente, as the academic, scientific, and engineering communities across Europe have come together to focus on finding the reason for this alarming natural phenomenon. While the storms are both destructive and unpredictable, there are a few who nevertheless see in the bright, turbulent auroras that spread across the sky, a sign of Providence shielding the world from some enormous catastrophe.

Now, it is April of 1919 and Idealia Gray has just turned nineteen years old. In two weeks, she will be the first woman in history to take The Summation, a rigorous yet highly unconventional exam required for entrance to Camford University's secretive Bathos Archive. This highly restricted library, containing manuscripts and curious artifacts not generally known to exist, offers elite scholars the opportunity to read books and examine relics that have long been considered lost to time, if they were ever thought to exist at all. But more than this, it opens the door to the Ulterior College, a clandestine network of researchers and explorers who have spent their lives adding to the collection housed in The Bathos.

Prospective archive initiates have only one chance to sit for The Summation, and it is graded strictly pass-fail. Idealia has spent the past year tirelessly preparing for this occasion with an assortment of mental and physical exercises. In the end, however, those who have attempted The Summation, whether they pass or not, have said that howsoever you prepare yourself, you cannot possibly be ready for it.

CONCEPT ART
    001-Idealia-Concept-Art-Camford-University.png 01-Idealia-promo-1.png
    Fencer-Henning.png
    Fencer-Idealia.png

POSITIONS / ROLES
    0. Editors-in-Chief. This is us, Starbird & Maidenhead. We'll provide a world outline and general goals for the game's production. We will be "making the game."

1. Programmer. While we already have an intermediate level JavaScript developer, we are seeking a programmer who is looking
    for an interesting challenge. The "battle" system that we have in mind offers an opportunity for an advanced developer to
    work on a substantial project that may prove to be rather fun. A qualified programmer will also have priority say in the project's overall development. The system we're aiming for will have little or nothing to do with conventional RPG style battles. Inquire for details.

2. Digital Artist. Freehand art skills necessary. We're looking for an intermediate or advanced digital artist who is comfortable working from examples to produce original artwork.

3. PARTIALLY FILLED - Lead Writer and Writing Team. Lead writer will be responsible for plot/narrative development. Lots of opportunity for creative input. While the world of the game is established, almost everything else is flexible. Plot points and narrative arc, character relationships, and more will be open to the writing team to create. Someone with storyboarding experience or an interest in learning to storyboard will be preferred. Two writers with professional qualifications are on the project already, so standards will be high. This is a great chance to participate in high level workshopping. In addition to the Lead Writer, up to two additional team writer positions are available. In general, we are looking more for storytelling expertise than literary flare, though both together would be wonderful.

4. Level Designer. Responsible for general layout of maps. Ideally they would have good understanding of game pacing and similar game design elements.

5. POSITION FILLED - Spriter. The spriter can work from either RMMV or creative commons / public domain base sprites, or create originals depending on preference. Relatively low workload, with only four new character spritesheets needed at this point.

6. Continuity Editor. Looking for someone with exceedingly refined attention to detail. This includes both narrative and technical continuity ensuring that transitions, text formatting, etc are uniform throughout the game.

7. POSITION FILLED Mapper. Responsible for general mapping, which will be augmented by parallax mapping and eventing later on. This person will work closely with the Level Designer. Or they may be the Level Designer. Also anyone with substantial experience in parallax mapping would be welcome aboard.

8. POSITION FILLED. Project Secretary. The Project Secretary will keep everyone on task and on schedule. Everyone, including the Editors-in-Chief, will be responsible to the Project Secretary.

9. Whatever we missed. If you have a skill set that you think would add to development of this game and you didn't see it listed here, please get in touch. We don't know what we don't know, but maybe you do.

OUR ROLE
    144x144.png Maidenhead-7-simple-frame-with-name-v2.png

As mentioned above, Starbird and Maidenhead will serve as the Editors-in-Chief of the project. We will maintain a repository
    of concept art and world building material for team members to draw from. We will help with organization and coordination among team members. Starbird has extensive tile art experience and Maidenhead has editorial experience and thus they will support artists and writers closely. We will also provide funding for any necessary art, plugin, or computer program acquisitions. We will supply the funds for any web hosting or other subscription services required.

TRADE
    Substantial participation in this project will entitle you to receive all of Starbird's tilesets for personal use. Committed team members will also be provided with a reasonable amount of custom tile artwork for their own projects. Maidenhead will provide editorial consultation for personal projects as well. Ownership of this project will be shared as agreed between parties upon joining the project. Team members may also have access to website for sandboxing personal RPG Maker projects.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019 at 9:52 PM
    LTN Games likes this.
  2. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This looks to be an interesting project! I'll be watching this :D

I don't think I have anything worth offering but just in case you might need a hand with mythology/religion building and fitting it into your established world and feedback on such matters feel free to PM me :)

And ofcourse good luck with this!

Starbird_Resources likes this.
  3. Lilly

Lilly Joy Bringer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm interested in becoming the Project Secretary, this project also seems very interesting and may just be the puzzling thing I'm looking for.

4. Lady

Lady Mapper, pixel artist Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm interested in mapping but I'm only able to spend 2 hours per day on RPG maker. You can click on my signature to check out some old map I make.

5. Starbird_Resources

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Lady! I really like your maps!

I understand that people have limited time to work on projects like this. We would be happy to have someone with your talents on the team. Just send an email to StarbirdProjects (at) gmail and I'll get you added to our shared drive. As the mapper you'll get all of the tileset assets for the game for your personal use too, so that's a fun bonus.

Thanks for your interest in the game!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  6. Gabbypie64

Gabbypie64 Aster World Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you still need a spriter am here

7. Starbird_Resources

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes we do! Please send me a PM and I'll get you connected with our google drive for the project. Thanks for your interest!