Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eglish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Finnuval
Your an ass :p
But indeed, I fully agree with that. But dismantling an item has so many uses depending on the game set up :D

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Finnuval
Your an ass :p
But indeed, I fully agree with that. But dismantling an item has so many uses depending on the game set up :D
Haha an ass huh? And that while I'm still playing nice lol

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your gonna have to add a "0" to that figure at the VERY LEAST lol.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh crap, this just made me realize a flaw in my game if I were to implement a dismantle mechanic. The metals in my game currently come in 2 forms: Ore (mined from nodes on the map) and Ingots (smelted from Ores). If an "Iron Broadsword" were to be dismantled, it wouldn't make sense for the resulting item to be an Ore or Ingot. Maybe I could add "Scraps" to the game to solve this, and have X amount of Scraps turn into an Ingot...
I know more about medieval equipment than 95% of people, and I had no idea that breaking apart such equipment wouldn't result in having ingots.

If you're going to implement disenchanting/dismantling in your game, do yourself and the player a favor and skip the middleman - just have the equipment break into ingots (or whatever ingredient you use in the final step to construct equipment).

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aren't ingots bar-shaped? I find it hard to believe breaking something apart will result in perfectly consistent shapes.

Ingot: "An ingot is a piece of relatively pure material, usually metal, that is cast into a shape suitable for further processing. In steelmaking, it is the first step among semi-finished casting products."

Google Images: Ingot

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aren't ingots bar-shaped? I find it hard to believe breaking something apart will result in perfectly consistent shapes.

Ingot: "An ingot is a piece of relatively pure material, usually metal, that is cast into a shape suitable for further processing. In steelmaking, it is the first step among semi-finished casting products."

Google images: https://www.google.com/search?q=ingot
Breaking down a weapon wouldt not result in ignots without also reforging them however I agree with this:
If you're going to implement disenchanting/dismantling in your game, do yourself and the player a favor and skip the middleman - just have the equipment break into ingots (or whatever ingredient you use in the final step to construct equipment).
Unless those ignots would also have other uses (like trading or so) then a middle step could make sense xD

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree the middle step serves absolutely no point or purpose other than immersion/accuracy. I can only guess that @Wavelength's idea of "ingot" was "a chunk of metal" instead of a molded cast of said metal.

I think my dilemma could be solved by simply only allowing things to be disassembled at a forge (for items containing metal) so that when they're broken down you get ingots directly with the assumption that the broken down parts are smelted right there and then.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree the middle step serves absolutely no point or purpose other than immersion/accuracy. I can only guess that @Wavelength's idea of "ingot" was "a chunk of metal" instead of a molded cast of said metal.
That's right; my mental image of an ingot was of any amount and shape of a pure metal/alloy (as opposed to an ore) that is not also a finished object (like a suit of armor). As I said in my previous post, very few people know the distinction (or even know the word ingot), and you'll be doing players a massive service by skipping the middleman and just giving them the ingots back. :)

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol, it doesn't help that my "ingots" use these icons I made:
1594207897593.png1594207915326.png

Edit: I even have hi-res versions for use with YEP_X_ItemPictureImg.
Example (Elementium):
Elementium_Ingot.png

Edit2: I might as well give you guys my ore icons as well. Feel free to use these in any way you see fit.
1594208410759.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I didn't think I'd spend the evening jamming out to the battle theme of a Hole Punch.
Welcome back to the dark era, where everything is in dark mode!
I'm not complaining! :o
Currently without internet due to storm damage and most of our state is devastated. No idea how long I'll be unable to log onto here, but I'll answer questions as soon as I can.
This is supposed to be pso2 photon blast inspired animation
I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shorp_