felixelh

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello! New user here, but long-time lurker.

My small group and I have been working on our game, equilibriUm sIxteen, for a while now, and I, the developer, was looking at Undertale and Yume Nikki for battle system ideas. I want to do something kinda unique like the bullet hell and the on-map attacks, but I don't want E16 to be seen as another Undertale copycat.

I'm pretty sure others wold benefit from this kind of thread, too. So, any ideas on unique ways of gameplay, other than the standard built-in system and Undertale's?

Here is the short demo for E16 (compressed file was too big to add as attachment, my apologies), which includes the first battle against Cobalt. Note: this is a demo and nowhere near a complete product. We're still working on music and custom tiles for the game.

Thank you!

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Normally, when I'm looking for ideas for a cool mechanic in the game, I just look at some other battle systems and get inspiration. My battle system looks a little plain right now, but I'm trying to find some other means to make it more interesting. 

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have found, from personal experience that It is usually a good idea to get the story fleshed out first, then you can have a better idea of how your battles will transpire.

There are literally hundreds of variations of battle systems, it all depends on how the party interacts, how they level up and how the enemies are set up.

There are tons of resources and information on different battle systems.

I would suggest checking out Yanflyes ATB and CTB battle systems. 

You can modify them to do quite a lot of things :)

http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/05/yep-38-battle-system-charge-turn-battle/ CTB battle system

http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/06/yep-24-battle-system-active-turn-battle/ ATB battle system

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've made a lot of small changes and fixes over the past couple weeks without actually making any progress on my game...now I'm running out of things I want to change, and I'm terrified that I might have to start being productive again...the horror! D:
I made a mini devlog about the sprite animations I've been working on! You can read it by clicking here

applebuds-dreamtrotter.gif
What happens with this list, is it currently possible to buy any of these RPGMAKER at least those that are for PC?

Combat skill combination demostration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donjivi