Rules Ideas That Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread

Discussion in 'Game Ideas and Prototypes' started by Archeia, Sep 24, 2017.

1. ElOtario

ElOtario Villager Member

First Language:
    Pretuguês
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So I just have a new idea for a game, but it still hasn't devoloped enough yet. I am thinking that it would maybe be cool to make a game based on Genghis Khan. Based on the factual history, and not historical fiction, if you understand what I mean. The problem is, I'm not so sure of the idea yet. Would it be too boring? Furthermore, is there already a RPG Maker game like that, or just generally based on Genghis Khan? I would love to play it.

2. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

@ElOtario I've merged your thread with this one.

3. ElOtario

ElOtario Villager Member

First Language:
    Pretuguês
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm really sorry. I'm a noob to these forums.

4. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ElOtario Interesting choice. Well it can certainly be done and if you start with him as a young boy, covering his youth, it probably already is a bit like an RPG or at least could easily be made into one. The idea does peek my interest, however how it's executed and implemented will decide wether or not I would actually play it.

@Lady-J a Jail-bust huh? Well that could certainly be interesting! Though I would need a bit more detail on gameplay mechanics and such to give real feedback. The idea however is not bad...not bad at all, imo

5. TheGreatEater

TheGreatEater Coding is my dump stat. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So I was in the middle of the art for the last game when my lappies got a string of bad luck, and while the idea of a game that allows for an evolving business. With a game play that'll allow a character to either explore for materials for the shop, do crafts for it, or social functions to deal with customers / employees. Is cool. Idk if that'll work well with RPG Maker MV, since I'd have loved to have a DLC function to make add on materials for players later on (LTO holiday items, special items when I think of them, etc.).

But I have 3 game Ideas that I would like to know if they're doable on RPG Maker MV. And what would be best for them.

Desari:
    The game I've been working on since 2013. I have 4 notebooks, 3.45 versions of them (well 5 note books altogether, but only version 3.45 on up is usable). And the game that is my baby, and have talked about the most. But I don't think is RPG Maker compatible.

Since it'd be 4 main things.

1) A virtual PnD book. With each page rendered as an image. With a page link function (where you can click on a section and it sends you there, or you can put in a page number.).

2) Would have a basic player map making function. So that the DM can select a preset terrain, and drag / drop things to make a visual representation of a fight location / important place (cheaper than making a physical model).

3) A Multiplayer aspect where players could place "their characters" on a map. Or see each others character sheets. To give it a bit of immersion.

and

4) Database. Where a DM can give RNG list loot; can scroll for monsters / items / locations etc. Much like DnD Mobile Apps. But in "Book" form.

Run into the same problem of the business game. In that it'd need a DLC function to allow a person to buy what they want to buy. And ignore what they have no need for. As well as a patch ability to fix errors and nerfs for free (rather than forcing a person to buy new stuff when a fix comes out. Like actual books have.).

That and I'd like to be able to overlay / "show" equipment a person is wearing. Probably going with Unreal for this one, but the extra work / steps make this one of those long works that'll probably take most of my life to get finished XD.

MonLife:

The game I'm tinkering around with right now. Putting it in homage terms. Think if Sims and Neopets had a baby. And Persona Series and Pokemon had a baby. Then those babies grew up and had one themselves XD. That'd be this.

A player would start out as 1 of 5 "starter" monsters. Each one has it's own branching evolutionary path (more Digimonesque than Pokemon, but close), with each of that having 2 more tiers. So that a player's actions have massive consequences to evolution and player life.

The player has a house (using premade sprites for "house type") and can upgrade it which adds maps to the interior. As well as the ability to "choose layout" for tiles, walls and the like. As well as a furnature buying section.

There will be a hunger and sleep function. So that a player could starve their pets to death. But in the end, would be like a mix of Sims and Neopets in that regard. Since they are playing not as a tamer (ala Monster Rancher, Digimon, Pokemon, etc.) but living life through the monster's eyes.

And like Sims, there are "worlds" that are tied to each monster's themes. Where a Monster in it's life can level up either:
    Combat: Attack and Defense.
    Spiritual: M.Atk and M.Def.
    or
    Social: Intelligence and Charisma.

Combat would be useful in fighting, physical crafts or physical minigames. Spiritual would be useful in fighting, magical crafting, and spiritual minigames. And Social would be useful for social interactions (wander if a Sims Style Interaction menu is possible / Sim Style pathfinding for NPCs?); talking one's way out of Random Encounters, art crafts, and more cerebral / social minigames.

The minigames would be the main draw. Not only would a player be able to explore a rich and diverse world. But would be able to let their character play minigames for EXP, and to level up stats to make a character individually suited for their chara.

Not sure if it's possible to add a limited Multiplayer (connected to only one world. Where players can battle one another / trade items) but if not. That'd be no big deal. Since the aformentioned stuff is what's coolest.

Biggest problem I'm facing is:
    1) Is parallax mapping using Blender to "Make the map images" and then adding them best? Or should I a) Make custom tiles and add them in via normal mapping, or b) use premade map tiles?
    and
    2) Is a Persona style character page doable? By that I mean:

[​IMG]

(You have a limited number of "slots" per evolution level to add traits and skills / spells. And in battle that get's brought up in battle. And when checking the character sheet. You get a list of well the above, Character image, stats, slots, and resistances).

and 3rd. Is something I've had bouncing around in my head for three years now. Got almost all that's needed for it in my head, it's just getting it down and done.

Protagonist High:

This little gem is inspired by Mana Khemia. Basically it's a world where Heroes and Villains go to school to learn how to do their jobs, and it's all monetized and corporate controlled (to ensure fair conditions to both parties and keep one side from utterly destroying the other). The protagonist chooses either Hero or Villain, takes the "archetype" they fall under, and over the course of the game builds up a team (or goes solo throughout), until they graduate a full time, card carrying villain / hero.

I thought it'd be a fun / cute little idea.

6. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @TheGreatEater General Discussions isn't for threads about single games, so I'll move this.

Merging with Ideas that don't Deserve their own Threads.

7. TheGreatEater

TheGreatEater Coding is my dump stat. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ah! Was tinkering on one of three. And seeing which'd be best / getting ideas on them. But cool. Sorry about that T_T.

8. Traveling Bard

Traveling Bard The Bard Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Had a few minutes at lunch... saw an article about how to roleplay Dwarves better that got the creative gears rolling. Here's some ramblings:

"Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the organization hired a bounty hunter to bring you in after things went they way they went back home."

"That's fair... heh. Think I can outrun 'em?"

"Doubt it. I hear the one they hired is named Baern. A hardened dwarf bounty hunter that can smell metal, see in the dark, highly resistant to poisons, a will as strong as his insurmountable constitution, and who has lived long enough to see two centuries come n' go. That is the kind of monster that be tracking you. Might as well save yourself the trouble and go wait in the corner for 'em."

*One thing leads to another and our hunted wakes up in the middle of the mountains with his right leg in a splint and a dwarf sitting nearby calmly scanning the area & carving at a small piece of wood.*

"D'you know these mountains use ta be teaming with Dwarven merchants, bring'n their wares forged under the mountain ta be sold in bigger markets south of 'ere? Those forges long since cold, trade routes long since dried up... don't even think there are any big markets south anymore. War'll do that to a region. I don't remember them for their weapons or armor... I remember 'em for their warm hearths & distinct ale made from malted mountain barley."

"You can grow barley in the mountains?"

"If you're stubborn enough. Course the technique to it's been lost. Not many dwarves left making ale in the mountains these days. Not many dwarves left at all. Well, shall we head back now or do you think ya can out run a mountain dwarf with your leg like that?"

Thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  9. Jackkel Dragon

Jackkel Dragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've been having a hard time trying to come up with a battle system for a game, continuously discarding and re-forming the ideas, so I thought maybe I'd ask for opinions on what sounds like it could be fun to play (while still being within my capabilities with RPG Maker MV).

For context, the game is primarily a psychological horror adventure game. The main characters visit haunted locations to try to discover the truth behind the apparent haunting of the town. While exploring, the player looks for documents, imprinted memories, and other clues that explain what happened to each area. However, there are numerous ghosts present in each location, with the current design plan that not all of them need to be fought. The player is expected to avoid non-essential fights to conserve resources for important ghosts, though I also want the player to never be locked in a truly unwinnable situation (if possible).

On to the battle system itself, my current ideas involve this:

- Limited health ("willpower"/WP). Uncertain if I want to do this with low health max and healing items, or a decent health max with no healing. The latter might be easier to work with, but also harder to keep the player from getting stuck in unwinnable situations. (Healing items could be respawned, but if health is never healed under any circumstances there isn't an easy way to save the player.) An alternative middle ground is to have health only get restored at certain story checkpoints, not through items.

- 1v1 Battles. While the player party usually has two members in it, they count as one unit for combat purposes. All ghosts are fought alone, so it's just the player team against the current enemy. (Player always goes first?) This is a core part of most story fights anyway, so it needs to be designed for.

- Basic actions are simple. "Attack" always does 1 point of damage, "Defend" always halves damage. Fleeing (from optional fights) should always work. (Perhaps with a small health penalty for having been caught at all.)

- More complex actions come from items. For instance, one idea for a consumable item is a talisman that does more damage than a normal attack, but these are limited and must be found while exploring. Another idea is to have batteries as a resource of some kind, but I'm not sure in what capacity. (Maybe for the light when exploring, not combat?) Also, the plan is to have some story bosses weak to specific items tied to their backstory. So the player can choose to use their turn to show the boss a certain item, which will have a negative effect on the boss (like being stunned or such).

- Normal enemies are nuisances, bosses are dangerous. The idea is that you want to avoid normal enemies not because they're scary on their own, but because they waste time and resources. The player wants to conserve health and items for bosses, but has to waste one or the other to beat normal enemies. On the other hand, bosses all have at least one powerful attack that is telegraphed a turn or two in advance that does major damage. The player is expected to be defending when this attack hits.

- Stats are simple. There are no level-ups, and the only real stat for players and enemies is health. (Bosses get their special attack strength as well.) Since combat is not the main focus of the game, it should be easy to understand. Preparation (through finding consumables) and avoidance (of optional fights) are the main aspects of combat.

- Difficulty levels? I've not thought through difficulty levels much, but that may be an important thing to consider. If too many resources are available, the player might find the game too easy if they play "properly". If too few are available, then those who are bad at avoiding extra fights will be in trouble for the story battles. So difficulty levels could potentially be implemented to have fewer resources available on higher settings.

Sample Playthough:

The player starts with 50 health and 2 talismans (3 damage to enemy). They get into a fight with a basic ghost (3 hp). They use a talisman on the ghost to defeat it in one turn.

The player gets into a fight with another basic enemy. They use normal attacks to defeat it, taking 2 damage in the process. They now have 48 health and 1 talisman.

The player fights a boss (9 hp).
    - Turn 1: Player uses a talisman (boss down to 6 hp), boss uses normal attack (player down to 47 hp).
    - Turn 2-3: Normal attacks from both. (Boss down to 4 hp, player down to 45.) Boss telegraphs a special move.
    - Turn 4: Player defends, boss uses special move for 10/2 (5) damage. (Player down to 40 health.)
    - Turn 5-6: Normal attacks from both. (Boss down to 2 hp, player down to 38.) Boss telegraphs a special move.
    - Turn 7: Player attacks (boss down to 1 hp), boss uses special move for 10 damage. (Player down to 28 health.)
    - Turn 8: Player defeats boss with a normal attack. Player survived with 28 health.

The player clears a story checkpoint, restoring some health. The player is now back up to 33 health.

The player then gets into a fight with a basic enemy, but chooses to flee. They are reduced to 32 health from the escape.

That's about it for what I've come up with so far. So, the real question here is, does this sound like it would be fun to play? Or would it come across as tedious to have a menu-based combat system like this with no special flair (skills, enemy AI, etc.)? I personally have seen some simple combat systems that worked well with a horror theme (Corpse Party, Sleeping Girl of the Miasma Sea), but those were also more complex systems than what I've come up with. My current plan relies almost entirely on hoarding a small set of resources (health and damage items) for boss fights, making normal fights a thing to avoid as much as possible. (Which makes sense with the story concept, but may not be fun to actually play.)

The other major question is: how much of this can be cobbled together from existing plugins? Technically, it CAN be done with the base RPG Maker MV scripts, but a lot of useless information would be displayed during battles. (MP/TP, having two action command windows, space for 4 party members.) So I'm wondering if any existing plugins can fix some of these things for me:

- Remove Fight/Flee window, replace with a Flee option for first Actor in party. (Plus 100% escape rate. Health loss can be done from enemy battle-start events, most likely.)
    - Change battle status window to be a static image in the bottom right corner with health meter only. (Image can change based on story progression, etc.)
    - Battle actor different from map actors? (To have the 2-person party on the map, but the joint member in combat.)
    - Option to disable basic attack. (For a certain story segment.)
    - Change the battle item window. (Mostly to make it easier for me to make my own tweaks to it.)

P.S: As a side note, are there any existing plugins for notes/documents? For instance, say the player picks up a note item, I'd like to be able to let the player re-read the note without closing the item menu. (Common events from items close the menu.)

10. empresskiova

empresskiova Untitled Project1 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Here’s the bones of my secondary project, feel free to share thoughts. :)

Name: Calvin’s Quest

Genre: Tactical RPG

Setting: Midevil Fantasyland

Mechanics:
    The game is a simple, menu based tactical game. You play as Calvin, and you do get party members over the course of the game but you don’t get to control them. Fortunately, each one only has two actions that they alternate between so it’s fairly easy to plan for each turn.

You’ll have 4 types of actions to choose from:

Explore
    Talk
    Goods
    Misc.

Explore actions include attacking, using chests, and using the surroundings to your advantage. For towns and other safe areas, you can sleep/use an inn, shop for items and better “equipment”, and saving (since I’m going with Save Points for this game).

Talk actions let you talk to party members, enemies who can speak, and neutral characters. You can use this to get hints about the fight (if an ally has an idea), or even to convince enemies to leave you alone. Think along the lines of paying them off, or just being waaay too intimidating.

Goods are your one use items. There’s only 4 items, Potion (heals the party), Attack Ball (damages all enemies), Elixir (removes ailments from Calvin), and Key (opens chests/doors).

Misc. actions let you check the Stats of your party, your gold count, goods count, and if Calvin has any ailments. You can also use this to exit the level if the enemies are beaten or if you found another way out.

Stats:

This game is using very small numbers for stats, but most attacks deal 1 damage. Some strong attacks deal 2 damage.

While I’m still developing the game, Calvin has 25 HP. That number may go down to give a fair amount of difficulty without making the game too easy. Party members don’t have quite as much, but still have enough to be relevant.

Enemies have miniscule amounts of HP, so they’re killable. Bosses are going to be toughies of course though.

Attack Formula:
    Attack Score + Defense Score = Total Roll
    A random number is rolled, and if the roll is within the range of the attack score, its a hit. If it’s within the range of the defense score, its a miss.

Example: Calvin attacks a Demigod.
    Calvin has 5 attack.
    Demigod has 100 defense.
    If a 1-5 (out of 105) is rolled, it’s a hit.
    If a 6-105 (out of 105) is rolled, it’s a miss.

The 100 is super inflated stat, I don’t think anything will go over 20 attack or defense.

Party:
    Permadeath is a thing for party members, but not Calvin. Letting Calvin die just sends you to the game over screen.

Leveling:
    There aren’t any levels in this game, so you’ll use Gold to buy better stats or items. You can’t go backwards to grind, so make your actions count. :)

11. trouble time

trouble time Bearer of the Word Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @kairi_key I feel like that would make your healing a lot weaker overall. I think it could be fun if what you really want to make the game harder

@ElOtario A historical game about Genhis Khan could be cool, but I don't think RPG Maker would do historical fiction well.

@TheGreatEater I don't think RPGMaker is a good fit for that Desari game...I'm also not sure what kind of game its supposed to be, some kind of tabletop rpg platform? MonLife would more likely than not be possible though. As for Protagonist High, really there isn't much I can say about it except that it sounds like Sky High but also with villains.

@Traveling Bard Personally, I'm neither a fan of dwarves, or written accents, but yours is perfectly comprehensible...not sure what kind of feedback you wanted though.

@Jackkel Dragon what about a low health total with slowly regenerating health. It'd offer another reason to avoid non-essential fights as well. I'd also say something you might want to consider is perhaps rebranding HP as Stress (since they're ghosts) and have defeating regular enemies heal some of it, but making the enemies always strike first (so you want to avoid them) but also make them relatively hard to defeat. This would mean that rather than the combat itself, people are thinking "Should I try to get some HP back from the fight or should I just run"

@empresskiova really, whether that game works or not would all be based on how fun the combat is. I say that I'd probably enjoy the game because it sounds like it'd be kinda difficult but that's because I love difficult games.

12. empresskiova

empresskiova Untitled Project1 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks for chiming in @trouble time !

The way I’m skeleton eventing it now, the game will play similar to strategy games (where there isn’t exploration, just straight battles), with the main difference being that the player doesn’t physically move the little sprites. The player simply selects an action do for that turn, and Calvin attempts it.

The main difference between this game, and many strategy games, is that defeating the last enemy doesn’t end the stage. You can still open your chests, recover with items, etc until you choose to exit the stage. The advantage here (instead of going with a standard rpg route), is that you’ll be able to try to use those chests during a fight, or realize that there’s a hill over there you’d be on a better position to fight on.

Again, much appreciated!

13. Lady-J

Lady-J Badlander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay so I figured I’d talk about my game in greater detail for one thing the gameplay. I was inspired by a game I played a long time ago, but the basics of it were that each character had two bars, HP and AP. Ap was kinda like mana, but instead of being used only for magic, every ability that the party had used AP. IIRC you lost AP for being hit as and when it was at 0 you went into a break state where you took more damage. AP recovered a bit each turn and you could also use an action to charge it. AP has a 1:1 relationship with evasion, so if your max AP is 70 and you were at max AP you had 70% evasion, but evading also caused AP to go down, I think it did more than getting hit. so most of the strategy was around managing the AP bar.

In my own game those parts stay the same, the main difference is that rather than collecting many party members, you have a small party with more customizable skills. You can only carry 4 skills into battle at once and they may have a limit break, I’m not decided. I’m also not decided on how they’ll get new skills. Either the party can mix and match them, they could be tied equipment, or they could be tied to a class changing system.

As for the games characters, I’ve got 4.

1.Gally is a monster hunter. She’s a bit of a wanderer and mercenary. She has a dream of of gathering allies and founding her own kingdom. She loves to prove that she has “The character of a ruler” this tends to manifest an eagerness to accept challenges, even if she doesn’t know exactly how she’ll complete them. She’s survived several battles through quick wit and martial skill. She prefers her flail to more conventional weapons like spears or swords for the combination of reach and how unpredictable the weapon is in her hand, especially because she’s mastered bypassing enemy shields with it. At the time the story opens she’s gotten into trouble for killing a nation’s prince during a war. While she was paid handsomely for the feat at the time, once the war was over the enemy emperor demanded her head to sign a treaty with Gally’s sponsor. Said sponsor was also on the losing side of the war at that point (the enemy empire could have crushed them, but it would have left them vulnerable to their other neighbors due to the costs), so he decided to agree. While the Imperial Capitol's prison is said to be inescapable, Gally likes to think of this as a nice page to add to her royal legend.

2.Rose is a grifter. She prefers taking whatever job is easiest to make her pay. which generally means cheating at games of chance with anyone who can’t tell. Unfortunately, with the recent war brought a larger concentration of mages to the Imperial city, and she was caught. She was given a choice between prison, and joining the Imperial Army, she joined the army as a battle mage. Even in the army she tried to do as little as possible, and one day she faked an injury rather than going into a the battle the prince was killed. She was later found out and thrown into the same prison as Gally for negligence. When Gally came to her asking for a mage to help with her escape plan, she decided she could either sabotage the effort to try and save herself from the hangman or if things go well she’ll be free.

3. Kain was the Colonel in charge of the operation where the prince was killed. While she served dutifully for several years in the Imperial Army, the king blamed her for losing to Gally on the battlefield and letting her get to the prince. While before she defines herself by loyalty and duty, but since her country betrayed her, she doesn’t know what to do with herself anymore. Gally doesn’t need her for her escape plan, but believes that she could use a strategist when creating her kingdom.

4.As I mentioned Trinity is a barbarian warrior. She lived in the orc infested wilderness for her whole life, and eventually the orcs managed to overrun her hometown. Swearing revenge, she trained herself to get revenge for the people they killed. However the Orc tribe moved on, and managed to get captured by the Empire. The orcs were being used for labor, but Trinity pledged to bring their heads back to her home, and so she breaks into the prison, complicating Gally’s plans.

14. trouble time

trouble time Bearer of the Word Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Okay cool, I really like strategy games, so it sounds cool. Though, IMO, unless there are also traps and such and characters designed to remove traps then it might be better just to give them all the treasure when the battle ends. Then it sounds like some AD&D games I played.

@Lady-J I already talk to you about your game on discord so I'll skip it here.

empresskiova likes this.
  15. Lady-J

Lady-J Badlander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @trouble time yeah you have but you're like one of only three people that comment on others projects in this thread. Its a bit discouraging that so few people really look in here.

16. RaddRadda

RaddRadda Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've started working on a neat Horror RPG idea I've had kicking in my head for a long time. It started development on VX Ace, originally, but that was on an older computer and I have MV now, so... starting from scratch with some fresh ideas.

Since it's a Horror RPG, I'm not using a battle system. I'm using a combination of plugins, scripting, and good old eventing to do some over world "combat", but nothing spectacular, as the game will mostly focus on puzzle solving, exploration, and oodles of spooky scary skeletons.

The story will center around two different protagonists, who each have separate stories. They'll intersect, but to what degree I'm yet unsure. Still working out the kinks on the story (going for a gameplay first, story second design), but it'll center around the two characters waking up to find their town empty and stuck in perpetual night. They have to discover why this is, while also dealing with the monsters that are now lurking around every corner.

Admittedly, not much. But again, not working on the story much until I get the gameplay up to snuff.

I'm hoping to incorporate some form of bosses that can work using just eventing. Probably a lot easier with MV than it would've been with Ace, so this is big plus. I've currently got a working flashlight, and I've managed to work out a system in which the character uses their flashlight to fight monsters. Shine it on the monsters long enough and poof! They're gone. Now to make it so they touch you and you take damage.

I'm thinking the two characters will have different playstyles and focuses. One will use the flashlight and focus more on running and gunning, so to speak. Monsters are more aggressive towards them, they need batteries to keep the flashlight going, very much "survival" horror. The other character will carry a lighter. It's light isn't as strong, so it can't be used to fight, but it does protect you from being attacked. It still requires fuel, though. Their story would have more of the puzzles

It's a bit too early to say, but if the story works out well, I might even try a New Game + option with a slightly altered story for either character. Taking a bit of an RE2 inspiration, there. But that's not something to focus on now.

I don't know enough about the story to suggest anything too specific, but perhaps there is some class of item that is easily interchangeable? Maybe some kind of magical item that can be embedded into weapons and armor to grant skills? Or perhaps skills can be based on something related to their teamwork? Since you're focusing on a small group of characters, having that lend itself to the gameplay could work. If you can only have 4 skills with you in battle, maybe the skills use some combination of the characters talents, and you can only unlock new skills by... doing something that involves those two characters? I'm not sure exactly. Just a thought that popped into my head.

Sounds like a pretty cool game, either way. I like RPGs that give the player many playstyle options.

17. NordBla

NordBla Warper Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi,
    I created a new auto-battle AI. I am wondering whether it is acceptable, or too smart, thus making the game less fun. Or even too dumb.

You can download the game here
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pdTY6SSvNRb6QoahXR5oSq5rYXLjaiw8

Inside the game, i created a scenario where you can battle many kinds of enemies. Your character's level will be adjusted to match them. The characters, enemies, and skills are all default from where you created a new project. I also add Yanfly's Command Autobattle (Thank you Yanfly). There will be 2 auto-battle there, old one (default auto-battle AI) and new one (mine) for comparison.

I need your feedback. Do you like it, or hate it, and why

Thank you

18. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lady-J, your game mechanic, I am waiting for you to decide because I do not want to go into wild guessing mode. Your four characters are believable folks. Keep up your great work.

@RaddRadda, sound great story. Zombie game?

@NordBla, I think it is a great idea. Your al is better.

19. Lady-J

Lady-J Badlander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you everyone for your feedback. I’m glad to see more people commenting on other peoples posts here too.

As for my game, I think that maybe I should do sort of a combination idea where characters have a set of 4 skills tied to the class they have equipped but also can equip 2 skills from other classes they’ve unlocked. In addition the various classes would have some passive ability.

In addition I’d like to give each class its own special rule of some sort. For example, a character who is immune to fear in her base class can instead immune to poison in another class, and in some third class could absorb fire elemental attacks. My reasoning is that I both want there to be customization, but also to hone in on the characters personality by making sure most of their kit conforms to who they are, even if its slightly different due to changing class (in story I think the justification is that they modify their equipment in some way to fulfill a different function.)

I also have another new character to mention.

Her name is Falconer, she was once a knight who fell and became a succubus after all her friends and allies betrayed her to the demons first. She’s a bit more of a wild card than the other characters, she doesn’t actively engage with the party unless she can get something out of it and is working toward her own goals. I borrowed some of the demonology from @trouble time setting to create the character so I’d like to thank him for that.

20. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Knight become Succubus? Lol, how sad.
    If this is your first game i suggest to make it small with simple rule first, then expand it later

cuongeke1 likes this.