Rules Ideas That Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread

thecatinaction

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nope. It has nothing to do with emotions. I could give you a clue but only by p.m. only. I'm undecided on whether to have the first clue to the riddles included or if it is a dead giveaway.
Send me a clue.

Kagemaru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
-Deleted-

Last edited:

Novam4a1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Idea for battle system (inspired by trading card games Hearthstone/MTG):
You have a selectable "deck" of abilities. Let's say you have a "deck" of 10 ability slots per Actor.

Each battle each Actor starts with 2 random abilities from your "deck" (not including escape or any other ability you want to always have).

Example: 3 Actors vs. 2 enemies
Actors and enemies get their starting abilities from their "decks" (6 abilities vs. 4 abilities)
Each turn for each Actor/enemy:
1) "draw" another ability.
2) Gain Resource (could be consistent like Hearthstone or random like MTG). OR no resource required (just RNG on what ability you receive, could do tier rated abilities for balance. Example: 1 Super strong ability, 2 strong abilities, 3 Medium abilities, 4 low abilities)
3) use ability(s) based on how many resources you have or with no resources required.

Can have random elements inserted to "draw" more abilities in a turn, etc. or make abilities that can draw more abilities. If using resource method, can make abilities to drain or steal resources from the enemy to essentially lock them out of a turn.

Recycle the abilities into deck once used or make deck bigger than 10 and once deck runs out for enemy or Actor they die.

CTB would probably be appropriate for turn order. However ATB could make use of counter abilities or instants (like in MTG).

Pros:
-Different take on turn-based RPG
-Near endless combinations of decks/strategies. Could make players constantly consider what's in their deck and if it's good enough for the dungeon ahead.
-Could make abilities found in chests or quests to expand their available abilities.
-Can incorporate mechanics like: Draw ability, extra turns.
-Each Actor should have their own playstyle/deck/abilities, so when you mix and match Actors you can get a variety of outcomes.
-Can still make abilities work with stats and leveling. Higher Str, more damage an ability does, etc.

Cons:
-Seems complicated to code (I have no coding experience so I don't even know if this is possible)
-Battles would probably be a lot slower, possibly consider fewer encounters or speed up the battle system somehow. Random encounters might not be a good idea for this. More of a DND/fixed encounter approach seems good where the players can sneak by the enemies if they chose to.
-Heavily relied on RNG, RNG can make every encounter seem brand new or can be completely miserable. Find a way to reduce the variance or give other consistent options (like maybe if you don't have the ability you want or resources to use an ability, then you can always: use item, escape, attack, etc.).

I don't plan on using this system in my project. This is just me up at 1am brain dumping lol.

Last edited:

Gooseb90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to make enemies like Metal Slimes (Dragon Quest) way in MV? Aside making Metal 635px-MetalSlimeArt.png
Slime have high defense and agilty. Under what conditions would you make them Flee?

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I'm doing this right too

Hello, I'm Bendyizzt and I'm asking if there will be a 2020 Dec No Travel, maybe a Christmas theme?
I'm asking this because I saw there was a 2020 Oct No Travel and I'm asking if there will be another but Christmas themed?

@Gooseb90 You can make them run but you just hit them and hit them more and hope they die before they run. It's good to focus on multi-hit and critical skills up until the liquid metal slimes. But if you're going for higher than liquid metal, just focus on criticals. Meaning the only way to make them flee is by hitting them until they run or die.

Edit: Or at least that's what I did...

Edit 2: I think I may have given the wrong info :eswt:...

Gooseb90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I'm doing this right too

Hello, I'm Bendyizzt and I'm asking if there will be a 2020 Dec No Travel, maybe a Christmas theme?
I'm asking this because I saw there was a 2020 Oct No Travel and I'm asking if there will be another but Christmas themed?

@Gooseb90 You can make them run but you just hit them and hit them more and hope they die before they run. It's good to focus on multi-hit and critical skills up until the liquid metal slimes. But if you're going for higher than liquid metal, just focus on criticals. Meaning the only way to make them flee is by hitting them until they run or die.

Edit: Or at least that's what I did...

Edit 2: I think I may have given the wrong info :eswt:...

I was asking how to create a monster for RPGmaker MV like the way a Metal Slime behave.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, ok I understand now...

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Gooseb90 I believe you make their condition always cause those bastards always run! Even on the first round! Good luck on your dragon warrior quest. Stab everything!

Gooseb90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to add a romance system in my rpg project. I know I should make use of Variables to be doing this, I've watched LvL Up Design video, but I'm wondering how could I add new menus to view the level of romance for certain romanceable NPCs?

Arcainess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So im making a rpg game on the PS4 using a game called Dreams. What section of the site would I use to post updates? I.E images, youtube video links etc.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to add a romance system in my rpg project. I know I should make use of Variables to be doing this, I've watched LvL Up Design video, but I'm wondering how could I add new menus to view the level of romance for certain romanceable NPCs?
You could make your own menus, using show pictures if you don't want to use plugins. It's a lot of work to set up, but pretty satisfying once it all works. Unless you hire a plugin creator to make one specifically for your game, you're likely going to have better control over it too that way.

So im making a rpg game on the PS4 using a game called Dreams. What section of the site would I use to post updates? I.E images, youtube video links etc.
This forum is for RPG Maker games exclusively.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My current project uses maps that are all 17x13 to reduce unnecessary time spent travelling from A to B. I'm considering connecting the maps together to create an open world style option, and adding some additional side-quests for player's that enjoy a little bit of padding.

Last edited:

Vergel_Nikolai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got this whole new game idea in the back of my mind where the combat is mostly inspired by D&D where there would be an action and bonus action. There will also be more emphasis on weapons and off-hand gear as individual units rather than things to bump your stat up where you could make different weapon combinations, have them attack one after another, and also a disarm mechanic where people can try and "silence" a weapon/off-hand and any abilities and specialties that relate to said weapon. Problem is I don't know how to do it. Must be rather complex.

I' must simplifying it here so if people wanna help me with this let me know cuz I think it's a lot difficult to explain.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I received some feedback elsewhere, and I decided to give the idea a shot. :hhappy:

Last edited:

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a concept for a more dynamic form of combat as well as a more interesting implementation of elements-
Most of the time, when a player selects an ability to use against an enemy, there is often no more thought put into it beyond weighing whether it is better to do more damage to one enemy or less damage across multiple enemies. Furthermore, while elements are often used by the player to gain an advantage against enemies, when they use those same elements against the player, oftentimes it does not have an impact in regards to which element is used against you.

So here it is: when the player uses an elemental spell, they take on some of that element's strengths and weaknesses for a period of time. For example, when a character uses the "Fire sword" Skill or A wizard casts "fireball", they become weak to water but resistant to wind. Depending on how this plays out, the player could take on a strategy of using elements on foes that the enemy is resistant to in order to keep themselves from being made open to the enemy's skills, or go about targeting the foe's weaknesses like usual, but possibly being left open to the enemy's skills.

Gooseb90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been thinking of implementing a card mini game in my project, but I've been wondering how to implement it. Should I use some plugins or just eventing?

Gooseb90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm wondering:
Would remaking this game be possible in RPGmaker? It's a card based game, but when I played it, it felt like an rpg at times though I never really got far into the game. I was never able to beat Gohan/Krillin vs the Ginyu-Goku/Jeice battle on Namek.

OOPS realized that's the French cover: (Legendary Super Warriors in English)

Attachments

• 563077_22850_front.jpg
    563077_22850_front.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2

Soeufans

Enginer
Reaction score
First Language
spanish, englis
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello!

This is a crazy idea!

Did someone tought about making a Code morse sounds from the text shown in game?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mist_new.png
Some WIP of Mist's newest sprites! Tutorials are awesome and very useful!
The RPG Maker community really is the best. It's so wholesome, kind, and helpful, unlike other communities on the internet, Love all you guys!
KenKrath wrote on RPGMakerWeb's profile.
Nevermind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bamionic