AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That sounds highly disrespectful. You wouldn't just euthanize someone if they had it, wouldn't you? No, you'd take good care of them.
That wasn't the intent or nor had I thought of it that way. I know its a devastating disease with horrible effects but I had the idea for representing in a active gameplay form but perhaps its for best it shouldn't.

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think you should apply real life logic as a absolute standard in a fictional story. Or the whole concept of Villain wold not be valid since they do "disrespectful" things.

In a side notes I'm inclined to add diseases in my game but with a more fantasy twist to it. There is some really good Light Novel that use a concept of doctor mc in a fantasy medieval world where medicine is not as potent and Alchemy is a pseudo-magic-science thing.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I was ask in my cartoons days to never use a real illness. Feels bad as my whole fantasy world premise was anchored in that... well a fantasy version. :S Of course the more or less invisible story arc was to cure the kingdom from it.

Now that I think of it one of the best secondary character was having Alzheimer and another a speech impairment. I never saw that as horrible but a everyday struggle that made characters even more heroic and creating fondness around. :/

LittenDev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You guys think that this sort of design could work for a game with 16x16 graphics? (ignore the idle, i made this before i brought the project over to RPG maker) Also, any feedback? I want the game to look good!
Player_ Yellow.png

BinaCode

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, everyone!

Well, currently I'm working on a project I've had in my mind for a while, and I wanna give it a unique look (yeah, typical RM dev concern).

So, I was trying something with the characters I made in MV's generator to make them feel less "generic", for want of a better word: Adding a little bit of hard shadows and a stronger lineart.

So, what do you think about this style? And sorry in advance if someone else has made/asked something similar before.

Sin título-1.png

Solovei

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like some help with implementing a skill - when used, it would allow the character to completely negate the effects of the next attack that targets them. However, I would like it to only be usable once per encounter.

My thinking was that the skill would add a State to that character, but I'm not sure how exactly to translate my desired effects into RMMV terms. Is this a matter if increasing Evasion, or adding a bunch of Ex-Parameters to the state?

The other way I thought I could do this is making a switch that would reset at the end of battle, but I'm not sure if those can be integrated with the combat system without plugins.

Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2dfloor.png
What a fun tileset I've got here so far!
Minecraft Tiles, Maid Day, Custom Menu, Retry at GameOver, Save in Appdata | RPG Maker News #36

side view special bust.png
Reworking the art for the 'special busts' in important game dialogue. Potentially replacing the more 'dead-on' look of the original:
original.png
Me: Imma work on my game! Let's get some progress done
Me, five minutes later smoking a cigarette: *screams into the void*
Just got back from work... I got to recommend a dish I liked to a group of senior ladies, and they said they'd order it for dessert! What was it? CHURROS! It's one of my favorite desserts at my workplace.
What's your favorite dessert? I'll eat any pastry with cinnamon and sugar, but especially churros. And then there's chocolate... omg, so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fmoviesfco7