AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That sounds highly disrespectful. You wouldn't just euthanize someone if they had it, wouldn't you? No, you'd take good care of them.
That wasn't the intent or nor had I thought of it that way. I know its a devastating disease with horrible effects but I had the idea for representing in a active gameplay form but perhaps its for best it shouldn't.

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think you should apply real life logic as a absolute standard in a fictional story. Or the whole concept of Villain wold not be valid since they do "disrespectful" things.

In a side notes I'm inclined to add diseases in my game but with a more fantasy twist to it. There is some really good Light Novel that use a concept of doctor mc in a fantasy medieval world where medicine is not as potent and Alchemy is a pseudo-magic-science thing.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I was ask in my cartoons days to never use a real illness. Feels bad as my whole fantasy world premise was anchored in that... well a fantasy version. :S Of course the more or less invisible story arc was to cure the kingdom from it.

Now that I think of it one of the best secondary character was having Alzheimer and another a speech impairment. I never saw that as horrible but a everyday struggle that made characters even more heroic and creating fondness around. :/

LittenDev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You guys think that this sort of design could work for a game with 16x16 graphics? (ignore the idle, i made this before i brought the project over to RPG maker) Also, any feedback? I want the game to look good!
Player_ Yellow.png

BinaCode

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, everyone!

Well, currently I'm working on a project I've had in my mind for a while, and I wanna give it a unique look (yeah, typical RM dev concern).

So, I was trying something with the characters I made in MV's generator to make them feel less "generic", for want of a better word: Adding a little bit of hard shadows and a stronger lineart.

So, what do you think about this style? And sorry in advance if someone else has made/asked something similar before.

Sin título-1.png

Germelshausen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My apologies beforehand if this is in the wrong forum category!

What's is your opinion of finding hidden little musical Easter-eggs in games?

To elaborate, my project revolves around a makeshift hospital during the Great War. My idea was to include a gramophone as an interactive set-piece, however the player cannot use it without first locating records hidden throughout the various locations. Each record would give the player access to listen to a period re-recorded song to play in the background of the hospital (eg. Émile Scaramberg's opera performance of "Inspirez-moi, race divine!" from 1905). Entirely optional, of course, the player can decide not to do it.
What is your general consensus, is it worthwhile to include little Easter-eggs or do you find them pointless and only bloats the gameplay?

Cheers!

FunbariVoid

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm currently working on a project known as The Returners>

Premise: The Returners are apparently an adventure, mystery, and supernatural genre that sets place in a society where a mysterious phenomenon begins to toy with the boundaries of life, and death, causing thousands of deceased souls that rest in peace to once again arise from their slumber. The souls happen to manifest inhuman avatars with supernatural powers that allow them to defy the laws of physics with no limits.

After 15-years have passed, a teenage girl named Jenny is a detective investigating the case of her father's death, which she confirms to be the cause of a Returner, in which. Her obsession with solving this mysterious case has led her to work together with a Returner who called himself Patient Zero, a person who has dementia and needs her help in order for him to remember who he is in exchange he would lend her some help.

The ending reveals a big twist, it was shown that Patient Zero is actually the person who is responsible for Jenny father's death, and also the one who causes the paranormal phenomenon occurring, it was revealed that Jenny's father is a man who is obsessed with the case of the strange phenomenon, because his wife, Jenny's mother, was killed by a Evil Returner, and this made him developed a resentment towards all the Returners that exists in the whole world, he researches and eventually found the person who is responsible for it, in an attempt to erase the Returners from the society, he tries to murder Patient Zero as the source of the phenomenon itself, only to make Patient Zero receive critical brain damage and lost his memories when he was just a 13-year-old kid. Which during the process, Patient Zero eventually manages to land a hit on her father before escaping and passing out in an alleyway.

Last edited:

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

To elaborate, my project revolves around a makeshift hospital during the Great War. My idea was to include a gramophone as an interactive set-piece, however the player cannot use it without first locating records hidden throughout the various locations. Each record would give the player access to listen to a period re-recorded song to play in the background of the hospital (eg. Émile Scaramberg's opera performance of "Inspirez-moi, race divine!" from 1905). Entirely optional, of course, the player can decide not to do it.
What is your general consensus, is it worthwhile to include little Easter-eggs or do you find them pointless and only bloats the gameplay?

Cheers!
Sweetie, that's a terrific idea! Romantic-era music is such a doozy, too! :biggrin: Only, I'm not sure if I'd have the patience to sit by the gramophone and play all the records I found... Could you look into making it so that when you find the records, they add into a playlist of sorts that plays in the background whenever the player is in the field hospital? Not sure how much work that'd be, but it'd a lot better, imo!

Still waiting to eat that interactive strudel, too! :kaoluv:

@BinaCode, that looks totally like something the 90s cooked up! Love it! :wub Imma look forward to laser guns, helicops, and beefy mecha suits!

Last edited:

gelboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3

Cheers!
I think easter eggs like that are worthwhile to make, they add a lot of charm! They're also great for replay value and add a sense of discovery/community to any game. I remember when Borderlands 2 came out packed with easter eggs, and people talked about them years after launch. They also give me incentive to replay so I can experience them again.

Gooseb90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's the animation size area when you create an animation sheet? Like my guidelines in PS are 64x64. I've never done an animation sheet before. But here in my image I have one of the animation motion I want to use in MV but the sprites are way too small (64 x64) when I import my image in RMMV.CucumberKamehamehaAttack.png

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's the animation size area when you create an animation sheet?
This has nothing to do with the thread you posted in. The title is "Ideas That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread," and the instructions in the first post say "Post here if you have a small element you want feedback on" - it is not for questions about how to create assets.

That being said, if you click, in the editor, Help -> Contents -> Documentation -> Assets there is a detailed explanation of all of the image assets, their sizes and formats.
The answer to your question depends on whether you want to include that as a motion on a battler sheet or an animation - either way, it's in the assets documentation.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking of changing to noun form for my skill trees. But I wasn't sure what to call "someone who dual-wields". Stereotypical class names include things like: Rogue, Thief, Assassin, etc... but those describe more of an occupation. What's a term I could use that solely describes their DW attribute?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking of changing to noun form for my skill trees. But I wasn't sure what to call "someone who dual-wields".

Dual-wielder.
Or if you want a little bit cool-sounding term
"Ambidextrous"
Technically, "ambidextrous" is an adjective :wink: Dual-wielder works...also, some styles of fencing train with a rapier and main gauche for parrying (which is really as close as you get to dual wielding in real life...), so "fencer" could work.

Or you can make up your own in-setting name for that combat style.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, what sounds more "Earth"-like?: Oil or Grease? Or maybe something else? It should be something flammable, as it's meant for environmental interactions, like how water can freeze. This will be its antithesis.

cfghjbfcxdfghj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
engish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
game making level cap is 999 trillion
skill mastery level cape 999,999
item cape is9999
weapon cape is 9999
armor cape is 9999
weapon proficiency cape is 1000
max gold is 100
Quadrillion.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sure, just make sure it is within JS MAX_SAFE_INTEGER.
Otherwise, start using the BigInt object. I have no idea how that would affect RPG Maker MZ as a whole.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebro227