Ideas to Make Your Project Better (Non-Tutorial Video)

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Folks-

I made this video to help a few of you with improving your project. Most of it involves cut-scenes, but hopefully it will give some of you folks some ideas to implement in your project.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, very nice! I just started watching your videos. I wish I'd found out about it sooner. Excellent voice acting, how many voice actors did you have to use over the course of the series?

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, very nice! I just started watching your videos. I wish I'd found out about it sooner. Excellent voice acting, how many voice actors did you have to use over the course of the series?
Thanks for watching the videos. Pretty much every character in the series used a different voice actor except for Ciro and Ramuk. I think I may have gone through 15+ voice actors so far.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Such a fun video, great job. I absolutely love Narboz's voice!

phamtruong1992

Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol, i love it! Thank you for making this video. Your sprite works are very nice, and i like the king portrait too, even if he's bald... Yeah, rpg maker games need those basic visual at least in order to go commercial nowaday, or else it will look super cheap and no average consummer would bother to look at them.

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lol, i love it! Thank you for making this video. Your sprite works are very nice, and i like the king portrait too, even if he's bald... Yeah, rpg maker games need those basic visual at least in order to go commercial nowaday, or else it will look super cheap and no average consummer would bother to look at them.
No problem. Those sprites are actually created by Erlyn. I don't see her on these boards anymore but she still does sprite work for sure (she's currently helping me with a couple of episodes). I think you might be able to get away with a lesser visual project if it has something else going like the mechanics or story. It's easier to get someone to play your game if it looks better though.

Such a fun video, great job. I absolutely love Narboz's voice!
:biggrin: I found Narboz on one of those freelance sites (which I don't recommend to find voice actors btw). Ironically and unbeknownst to me, he became a member of this forum and created his own non game RPG Project.

Drokkkon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very good ideas. But complicated. Voiceovers are hard to do for a single person doing the game; tall characters are hard to have without buying; animated scenes, hard too. So this requires a lot of time, for casual creators like me, its not a nice option haha

But hey, very good video!

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very good ideas. But complicated. Voiceovers are hard to do for a single person doing the game; tall characters are hard to have without buying; animated scenes, hard too. So this requires a lot of time, for casual creators like me, its not a nice option haha

But hey, very good video!
Thanks for the compliment. Yes VO are difficult to do for a single person especially if you have female characters :). There are few ways you can procure voice actors that would be happy to help you with your project and I will be making a couple more videos on how to source voice actors (including free ones) and how to screen them.

Those animated scenes and sprites - yep I had to commission them. It does make a project look good though :)

Hopefully the videos gave you some ideas for your project. Good luck with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!
Picked up a physical copy of Megadimension Neptunia VII for the PS4 today. It's pretty good. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
The only upside of this remote semester was the plenty of funny photoshop material those facecams provided. Not that I would do that. Ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr