NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey I was wondering if it could be possible to have Idle animations so like if you wait too long without choosing what to do the actors then change there idles and have like a waiting pose

For example one of my actors is a Swordsman so after a little while he could put his sword away and have it behind him as he'd hold it up behind his head and then when he needs to use it he'd take it back out 

And for the catgirl on my party a good example would be that her tail would start waving around and she'd start looking through her spell book

Would these be possible? As there's not enough frames for more than one Idle pose so I was asking as I've seen Plugins for more frames

cosmickitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
are you using a separate battle script?

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think you'd need to script this somehow, but it wouldn't be extraordinarily hard for any scripter (of course, you'd also need to make the art for it).  As a few tips to get you or your scripter started (assuming you're using MV since it's the only RPG Maker that includes both scripting and a sideview battle system by default):

• The Battle Manager recognizes different 'phases' (BattleManager._phase) such as "turn", "start", and "action".  Turn might be where you'd want to check how much time has gone by (not totally sure).
  • JavaScript allows you to run a time check (Date.now()) which gets the current time in milliseconds.  So you could have the time at the start of the turn recorded, and if the current time is more than, say, 30000 milliseconds later, send the character into their idle animation
  • Several parts of the Battle Manager have a "subject" property which indicates the actor or enemy who is taking their turn.  You might be able to use this to determine which character to send into their idle animation.
  • You could hijack one of the existing battle animations that you don't want to use (like "critical"), or you could create a separate set of spritesheets to use to determine each character's idling animation.

Last edited by a moderator:

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just thought it would be cool to have a longer idle so that if the menu is up for a long time it doesn't just do nothing they start posing and doing things while the menu is up rather than it just being left with them guarding or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's raining non stop since yesterday. The sound of the rain is so soothing.
I really miss the old style disney animated movies. I guess the last one was The Princess and the Frog from 2009. Now I am trying to collect every single one I can get on BD or DVD.
What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.
Recently posted a demo of my game online. Now I have no idea what to do with myself o_O What is the reason for my existence now...
I'm feeling a lot better this week. Some of the rules in my country for isolation changed a little, so I was able to see friends in person again, which was a huge relief. Thanks everyone for giving me some sympathy last week when I was having a rough time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilami202