dusk_13

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any free plugin that plays certain sound files, depending on who your party leader is, when you're not moving for a certain amount of time in overworld? I've been trying to find one, but all I could find is idle animations which I don't need.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need a plugin for it. Just create a parallel process that increments a variable every second. Reset the variable if you detect input. If the variable hits ten seconds or whatever you want, play a sound effect.

dusk_13

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need a plugin for it. Just create a parallel process that increments a variable every second. Reset the variable if you detect input. If the variable hits ten seconds or whatever you want, play a sound effect.
That can work, but I would like the sound to change depending on who's the party leader. I'm not sure if that can be done with a parallel process, unless there's something I don't know about.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like the sound to change depending on who's the party leader. I'm not sure if that can be done with a parallel process
Sure, why not?
Control Variables -> Game Data -> Party Member #1
then
Conditional Branch -> that Variable equals the actor ID of Joe
- play Joe's sound effect
else Conditional Branch -> that Variable equals the actor ID of Sally
- etc.

dusk_13

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure, why not?
Control Variables -> Game Data -> Party Member #1
then
Conditional Branch -> that Variable equals the actor ID of Joe
- play Joe's sound effect
else Conditional Branch -> that Variable equals the actor ID of Sally
- etc.
Oh, I might try this out then. thank you!

Latest Profile Posts

Been playing through Skies of Arcadia again, and it really makes me wanna see someone try to implement how ship battles were done in the game into RPG Maker (or really just in general).
split.png
split view of both versions of the pocket city you traverse through. there's differences like areas only being accessible in one version of Autumn Bay. or events that only happen in one or the other.
theortically if there were a developer who spied on people's game playthroughs and changed things in real time to make it harder for them, what might be said game developer's motivation?
Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dndrself