Idle/walking/running animation

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Gallimed, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Gallimed

Gallimed Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there any way to achieve that? I'd like to have my characters have more animation than just three frames when walking and running about. Bonus point if i can cycle frames instead of working around it. It would be appreciated if i could also make animation like laughing/climbing ladder/shocked/ect

You'd have one standing still frame for when nobody is doing anything, and then let say six to eight frames when walking/running. The standing still frame won't be part of the walking/running cycle

If all my characters are idle. You'll see them stay put, but after 10 seconds of doing nothing a random variable will start a event where they do something like dancing or other silly stuff and then go back to doing nothing and then said random variable will pop up again after another ten seconds and the character will do something different depending on what variable they get

I am also using 96x96 sprites to allow more space for what i want to do and i may use a even bigger sprite for a party member so i don't know if that is a problem or not

Can it be done through proper common events or is it something I'd have to script or use a plugin for? I'm also willing to use another RPG Maker if a plugin was done for such purpose

2. WhiteW

WhiteW The Murderous Clown Veteran

First Language:
    EN/PT
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. Gallimed

Gallimed Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks, I'll try that and see what i can do. I'm still open to more plugins just in case :kaoluv:

WhiteW likes this.
  4. windmage1107

windmage1107 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey, guys. I'm kind of new to the whole game making scene. Just to be clear, what program would I have to use to get these additional sprites for running, emoting, etc.? I tried locating some info on MOGHunter's site, but came up short...

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    basically you can use any image program like GIMP or Photoshop or so on.

Or in other words: they don't exist unless someone has already made them for some characters, and especially if you want to use those plugins on your own characters then you also have to make the sprites for them.

6. windmage1107

windmage1107 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hm. Makes sense. Thank you.