Disruptis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure if this isn't a thing or I'm just an idiot, but does anybody know how to make an IF statement that triggers when an actor uses a certain ability in a battle? Is there a plugin that does this or am I missing something obvious?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could just turn on a switch in that skill's damage formula, then have a troop event page set to run the entire battle that is conditioned by that switch.  If the last command on that page is to turn the switch off, every time the skill is used, that event page will run.

Unfortunately if you want to check this on every battle, you'll need to add that event page to every troop, or use a plugin that either allows common events to run in battles or lets you copy a page from a 'base' troop onto every other troop without having to do it manually.  I believe both of those exist as MV plugins.

Disruptis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could just turn on a switch in that skill's damage formula, then have a troop event page set to run the entire battle that is conditioned by that switch.  If the last command on that page is to turn the switch off, every time the skill is used, that event page will run.

Unfortunately if you want to check this on every battle, you'll need to add that event page to every troop, or use a plugin that either allows common events to run in battles or lets you copy a page from a 'base' troop onto every other troop without having to do it manually.  I believe both of those exist as MV plugins.

It never hit me that I could use js in there. Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Only 3 more days to get your copy of Move That Box! with -15% discount!
1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking