If an intruder came into your home

Fira

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
what would you say, do etc.? My mom would call the cops probably and me same as my mom.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would kill em! To make sure he or what doesn't comes back! XD

In  Texas, u are justified in using deadly force if a person breaks into ur home! Not sure what the law is in ur state or from whatever country ur from XD

Also, ur permitted to have a weapon/guns in ur home! No license required! However, if ur a felon, then ur prohibited in possessing a weapon that includes having one in ur home. But if ur clean then ur good XD

Last edited by a moderator:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Logically? I would call the cops, then leave the house to wait for the car to arrive.

Realistically? I would run out of the house screaming and head toward whatever people/ring all the doorbells I could find. Then beg for their phone so I could call the cops.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If intruder came to this home, there wouldn't be much room to avoid a said intruder.

So, calling the cops would be likely out of the question before leaving the house but thanks to how this house was designed, it would be extremely difficult to leave without being spotted.

I would likely place my own safety before the chance that something gets robbed.

My money is almost all digital anyway.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anyone here ever play Jagged Alliance 2? There was a question like this in the character creation, and it went something like this:

You are awoken from your sleep by a noise, which is from an intruder downstairs. Do you:

A: Hide under your bed and hope they don't find you

B: Scream at the top of your lungs.

C: Grab a knife and go downstairs, looking for the intruder

D: Grab a shotgun, fire it into the floor and yell "Come get some of this, sucker!"

Yeah, that game had some weird choices in the character creation.

In all seriousness, I'd have to hide or jump out of the window, or just deal with them, as I don't have that much space to avoid an intruder.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Our neighbors (back in the day when they lived around here) pretended to sleep while some guy robbed their house.

Usually if criminal comes in expecting that you're sleeping, you likely want to pretend to still sleep. Desperate robber can be unpredictable if you try to act.

Stapleton

Underground
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gaeilge
Primarily Uses
N/A
If an intruder came in and I felt threatened I would shoot them until I felt I and whomever I am with is safe.

Chester

Meow Kitten
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cat Tongue
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would cower in fear and begged them to spare my life by doing anything they asked like a defenseless kitten would do :3 :mrsatan:

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Beat them with a sock full of butter, you should try it some time.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
pfff obviously my dogs would eat him out...or well my steps father would beat them out 

Yo my step father is a EX Street figther >_>" and he lift 50 lbs 10 hours weeks so erms.....I  don't pray for my familly to their safety I pray for the intruder safety he will need some because he will totally learn a Super fast lesson of "How to fly by passing by the window"

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd let them take whatever they want and hope that they would go as quick as possible. Sob, goodbye precious laptop... ;_;

Matthew.

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have dogs, you can have them trained to take on intruders. But don't forget that you're risking your dogs life here if the intruder is armed. Having dogs as determent is pretty good though.

Also don't forget that the intruder can be very well trained, too. Really, don't try to be a hero. Hide and call the police. Or pretend to sleep. Because most invasors are not here to kill you, against popular believe, but they will try if you are a threat.

Don't think that your dignity is worth anything. If you are somehow taken hostage by someone, make them feel extremely uncomfortable around you in a passive way: Piss/**** your pants, sweat, curl up, cry (but not to loud). Pretend to be absolutely terrified. Ideally you'll be so disgusting, that they don't want to touch you or deal with you. If they want to kill you, that won't stop them, but otherwise it'll help.

Again, don't be a hero.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Lostplanet2stuffsstorytimebeatlostplanetextreme_a365d7_5408314.gif

No, but really. I'd try to hide. I have a Black Belt in Karate, but big deal. Desperate people are terrifying. Desperate people use knives, guns, and other weapons. My life is more valuable than my possessions.

Beat them with a sock full of butter, you should try it some time.
Butter_sock.jpg

Lost+planet+2+stuffs+story+time+beat+lost+planet+extreme_a365d7_5408314.gif

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't say to be honest.

And for all those who say kill him or shoot him, well be careful, excessive use of force means you could be sued by the scumbag, or prosecuted by state in case if trespasser death.

I know, it's crazy.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends on the situation. If it's just one guy, there is no way I'm going to back away. He isn't touching my stuff. Truth is, I'll probably be so high on adrenaline, I've no idea how I would respond. Though if the bloke is nice enough, I might help him out. A desperate person might simply be in need of help and understanding than a punch to the face.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@matseb, you have a good heart, but sadly a large number of burglary are committed by junkies looking for a quick buck for a quick fix. There is no reasoning with such scumbags.

Believe a guy who almost got stabbed with a screwdriver and did got the face beaten to pulp by a junkie for a fiver. ( that I gave, he was just iin a bad mood)

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
   It depends entirely on how the situation unfolds. If my kids are home and there isn't time to asses what is going on then they are probably getting shot dead without warning, because I'm not leaving their safety to the whims of some unknown idiot invading our house. Even barring that I doubt I'd hide and wait for police (live in the middle of nowhere, it would take the cops probably the better part of an hour at least to even find me.) for the same reason; I'm just not a fan of leaving mine and my loved one's safety in the hands of some unknown, possibly unstable intruder. 

As long as my kids aren't home or they didn't get the drop on me I'd try to do the Joe Biden thing and fire two warning shots into the air (with a mossberg 500 defender, 8 - 2 = 6 shots left if the intruder isn't just a fly-by-night house thief and decides to take advantage of my warning shots to get me while I'm defenseless.) in the hopes they'd bugger off because most people doing things like that lose their nerve the instant they realize their intended victim is armed, and besides that I feel pretty bad just killing deer and rabbits for meat and really don't want more human life on my conscience on top of that if I can help it. 

To the people saying they'd kill indiscriminately I'd advise you rethink that stance if possible, sometimes idiots escalate the situation and it becomes necessary, and you can get yourself ready by thinking of what a piece of trash the assailant is/you perceive them to be but that will not last forever. Once you end a life, whether justified or not, you'll have to face the emotional burdens of how human your target really was, whether your personally willing to entertain those thoughts or not. It somehow stops mattering so much how much of a monster a man was to you in the final moments before you found it necessary to end his life when you're standing at a pre-trial over your actions and all you can hear is a miserable shell of a mother sobbing and grieving over the loss of her beloved son. You can be acquitted and public opinion can all but declare you a hero, but no amount of justification can take away the emptiness you feel after you see the impact your actions have caused other decent, good people who have struggled and invested more than half their lives to trying to help bring the man you saw as a beast back into the human fold, and knowing that you were an instrument invalidating that entire struggle. It isn't worth it, except for the defense of your own loved ones lives death isn't the answer to anything, it's just an ending.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would kill em! To make sure he or what doesn't comes back! XD

In  Texas, u are justified in using deadly force if a person breaks into ur home! Not sure what the law is in ur state or from whatever country ur from XD

Also, ur permitted to have a weapon/guns in ur home! No license required! However, if ur a felon, then ur prohibited in possessing a weapon that includes having one in ur home. But if ur clean then ur good XD
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2950303/Montana-man-killed-German-student-set-sentencing.html

Montana homeowner who shot dead unarmed German exchange student trespassing in his garage gets 70 years

Ok the Victim was not Native German, but still he was a seemingly not criminal Citizen and Human.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you have your friend over and you try to have a good time and let him try your game but he legit finds 10+ bugs that you now have to add to your already big workload for the day lol.
Zaj
Okay anothe stupid question from me. Why is when everyone's explaining the scripts in the scriptlets, it chnge into green. how do i know when do i code without knowing whether its turning green or not
So I realized that I really just don't have enough time to make videos. However I don't mind clicking stream and just letting people watch me work on my game. I don't really have a good microphone... okay it's a $20 headset so it's terrible, and I have no web cam. So the stream would largely be royalty free music and me working, with minor interaction. I guess the question is, would that actually interest anybody?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GladeField