If I buy VN Maker can I use its graphics and sounds/musics in RPG Maker MV? (Which I bought)

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can I legally use VN Maker resources in RPG Maker MV?

* I bought RPM Maker MV here.

* I might buy VN Maker from Steam, to take advantage of some giftcard balance.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Resources' is where assets which people have made and wish to share with others can be posted.

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They're both by the same publisher. If you were to make your game commercial while containing VN Maker assets, you'd have to make sure you can provide your proof of purchase in case anyone raises a flag (legally speaking). Same goes vice versa with RPG maker assets used in VN Maker.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, if you buy VNM you can use the resources in RMMV. If you don't buy VNM then no. Just FYI, VNM is published by the same people, but the creators are very different. There were some negotiations that had to be done to allow it. So you can't expect every engine published by Degica to have the same licensing in the future.

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kes I was not sure where to post because my question was more of a legal nature. Not about requesting or sharing resources with other users here.

@Sharm Yes, this is why I figured to ask first. Thank you!

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My added question is: can things BE USED between the two?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JaeJaeCee

Please do not hi-jack someone else's thread with your own question. You can read our forum rules here.

Please make your own thread - though it would be worth doing a search first, as I'm fairly sure that this has been asked before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemiRemi