If I buy VN Maker can I use its graphics and sounds/musics in RPG Maker MV? (Which I bought)

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can I legally use VN Maker resources in RPG Maker MV?

* I bought RPM Maker MV here.

* I might buy VN Maker from Steam, to take advantage of some giftcard balance.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Resources' is where assets which people have made and wish to share with others can be posted.
[move]Product Discussion and Support[/move]

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They're both by the same publisher. If you were to make your game commercial while containing VN Maker assets, you'd have to make sure you can provide your proof of purchase in case anyone raises a flag (legally speaking). Same goes vice versa with RPG maker assets used in VN Maker.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, if you buy VNM you can use the resources in RMMV. If you don't buy VNM then no. Just FYI, VNM is published by the same people, but the creators are very different. There were some negotiations that had to be done to allow it. So you can't expect every engine published by Degica to have the same licensing in the future.

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kes I was not sure where to post because my question was more of a legal nature. Not about requesting or sharing resources with other users here.

@Sharm Yes, this is why I figured to ask first. Thank you!

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My added question is: can things BE USED between the two?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JaeJaeCee
[mod]Please do not hi-jack someone else's thread with your own question. You can read our forum rules here.[/mod]
Please make your own thread - though it would be worth doing a search first, as I'm fairly sure that this has been asked before.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Some people have too strong of an opinion about what maker is the best, I've seen discussions like:
- I prefer VXAce because I like the style of the RTP better than the older releases
- You're worse than Hitler
My number one take away from this game jam is to make small games that are as polished and bug free as possible. Far less dev time, and if the game flops, it matters less because my time investment is much lower. Also, whatever ambitions I have... aim for about 10% of them. They are clearly too high, and will involve stuff that likely won't matter.
I'm finally back! :kaojoy:
A lot of RL issues happened this year which didn't let me work on Aithne as much, but I am back with new inspiration!
In that time my art style also changed a little, so I'll be doing a small art change with busts/menu art
Ops forgot to fix the hand on the weaponless sprite o_O
opening old GIMP files is a blessing and a curse because it can be fun to look at art you started once upon a time and want to finish BUT come to a total halt when you remember your past self forgot to create separate layers for most files

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayJHatchet