"If Player is Facing Left" switch

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by ElectroNephite, Apr 30, 2017.

1. ElectroNephite

ElectroNephite Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi. I'm pretty new to RPG Maker. It's a simple request but how do we do make the following switch:

-If Player is facing left, transfer Player to Position A when he presses the Action Button
    -If Player is facing right, transfer Player to Position B when he presses the Action Button

Unfortunately, due to the layout of the map, the event has to be done on one tile. I can't just create two separate tiles, with the separate transfers assigned to each one.

Also:

When we transfer the player to another part of the same map, the map's name appears a second time. How can we make it so that the map name only appears once? There's a bunch of different transfers happening in this map, so I don't want the map name to come up all the time. Thanks.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    use conditional branch inside the event for checking one option after the other and transfer if the player has the facing

ElectroNephite likes this.
  3. ElectroNephite

First Language:
    English
    Could you screen-shot that, or type a step-by-step walk-through? I don't know how to make a conditional branch that checks if a player's facing a certain direction... I know how to make conditional branches in general, but can't find any option that allows us to check which way a player's facing

4. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's on Page 3 of the Conditional Branch dialog: Character [Player] is facing [Direction].

Guiguimu and ElectroNephite like this.
  5. ElectroNephite

First Language:
    English
    Perfect!!! Thank you so much :D

6. ElectroNephite

First Language:
    English
    I hadn't realised that there were multiple pages in the Conditional branch :)

7. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No problem. It can be easy to miss sometimes. Even knowing that the option was there somewhere, I actually missed it once while looking through the pages to find it for you. :D

Guiguimu likes this.