ElectroNephite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi. I'm pretty new to RPG Maker. It's a simple request but how do we do make the following switch:

-If Player is facing left, transfer Player to Position A when he presses the Action Button
-If Player is facing right, transfer Player to Position B when he presses the Action Button

Unfortunately, due to the layout of the map, the event has to be done on one tile. I can't just create two separate tiles, with the separate transfers assigned to each one.

Also:

When we transfer the player to another part of the same map, the map's name appears a second time. How can we make it so that the map name only appears once? There's a bunch of different transfers happening in this map, so I don't want the map name to come up all the time. Thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
use conditional branch inside the event for checking one option after the other and transfer if the player has the facing

ElectroNephite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could you screen-shot that, or type a step-by-step walk-through? I don't know how to make a conditional branch that checks if a player's facing a certain direction... I know how to make conditional branches in general, but can't find any option that allows us to check which way a player's facing

ElectroNephite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hadn't realised that there were multiple pages in the Conditional branch :)

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No problem. It can be easy to miss sometimes. Even knowing that the option was there somewhere, I actually missed it once while looking through the pages to find it for you. :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.
Although a lot of things are still not finished, I can't delay the early access date.
It's her birthday. :kaojoy:
Have you ever been truly comfortable? This weekend I experienced it for the first time in my 33 years on this planet. Try to get comfy, friends.
Every once in a while I check to see if my planned game titles are taken or trademarked. Still okay. I plan to take my time for the sake of quality, but at the same time it feels like a race against some hidden dev out there who also plans to publish or register the same title.
Who else here likes frogs? I sure do like them squishy beings! :rwink:

froggy.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duselre