If something in your game is working perfectly, but it really shouldn't be, and you can't figure out why it is...

HankB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...would that be considered a bug?

l0nelysaturn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Huh. This is an interesting question. I suppose so...?

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
"It's not a bug, it's a feature!" :L

More seriously, I feel like it's the opposite of a bug, which I don't think we have a word for. Then again, it could be the cause of a bug down the road, so it might actually BE the bug.

autodidact

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd say no.
I've actually been in this scenario :(, either through lack of knowing what was actually happening or something working just well enough.

A little while ago, I think Shaz posted something about conflicting plugins seeming to work, but the bugs are hiding just waiting to come to the surface.

Once the code conflict happens, then you have a bug.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is no random effect in any computer.

if something happens or not happens, there is always a reason for it.

without seeing what you're talking about I can't tell that reason, but best guess it is that you don't know one of the two dozen quirks of the makers that have them working differently than usual logic assumed - like erase event being temporary only until next mapload or something like that.

to get that explanation or reason you would have to show us screenshots of what you're writing about.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to General Discussion. Thank you.

I'd call it a bug waiting to be discovered :D

It's a little bit like making something complicated and having it work on the first go. I always expect to have to do little fixes/tweaks, so when I don't, I'm immediately suspicious.

I like to understand why things don't work. Conversely, if I think something shouldn't work but it does, I want to get to the bottom of it, because I either misunderstand what's happening, or there's a chance it's not going to work in every situation and I want to avoid that.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"It just works."

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
"It just works."

(I'm not sorry)

On that note, the more I think about it, yeah it is a bug. Like getting sick in real life, you don't know you're sick yet. Things seem to work perfectly fine. Then a couple days later "Why doesn't this work?!"

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
*claps hands*

Probably good we like a less buggery engine that is well community supported XD

Seriously, Team Fortress rocket jumps was first a well working bug then became in later version just a very funny well used feature ^^

So, just make sure it doesn't break ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkPurplePrince