If you copypaste a building from map A to map B, does map B need to have the tiles for the building?

jan_Meta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just did this and it appears to be working. If this is a way to squeeze extra tiles onto maps, that would be huge because I could be less careful when I'm Frankensteining my tilesets together. Except how would you set collision for the new tiles?

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can get that answer copy-pasting your interior map in a world or exterior map.

Short answer: yes, map B needs to have the tiles for that building.

jan_Meta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can get that answer copy-pasting your interior map in a world or exterior map.

Short answer: yes, map B needs to have the tiles for that building.
I don't understand

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and that is only one of several problems with your idea...

so yes, any copy will require exactly the same tiles AND they have to be in exactly the same position of the tileset - that is more than what you assumed.

Basically all tiles are stored as numbers - that is why they are tiles and require less RAM.
Basically the map says: and here is tile number 213 from the tileset, and the engine then looks at the tileset to place the specific tile.

which means you copy tile numbers, not pictures, and the tile number has to go to the same tile in the tileset of the new map. So not only the same tiles have to be there, they also have to be in the same place of the tileset.

jan_Meta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and that is only one of several problems with your idea...

so yes, any copy will require exactly the same tiles AND they have to be in exactly the same position of the tileset - that is more than what you assumed.

Basically all tiles are stored as numbers - that is why they are tiles and require less RAM.
Basically the map says: and here is tile number 213 from the tileset, and the engine then looks at the tileset to place the specific tile.

which means you copy tile numbers, not pictures, and the tile number has to go to the same tile in the tileset of the new map. So not only the same tiles have to be there, they also have to be in the same place of the tileset.
Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

KenKrath wrote on RPGMakerWeb's profile.
Hi there!! I saw my Valentines Video placed in the contest. I'm wondering if I placed 3rd or 1st though because my video was shown first but my name is shown as the 3rd video. Thanks for the opportunity :)
I found a book about game localization. It costs R$708,00 on Amazon. ;_;
I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
Play test of my current progress on Happy Camper
Cutscene Contest Winners have been announced!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theNaoya