If you could make any laws what laws would you make?

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is anyone discussing copyright laws concerned that if something become public domain, the original owner may not invest in it anymore?

I'm not sure I would be happy in a world where Nintendo didn't make Mario games, because they had little control over his public image . . .
There's also the reverse problem of a company driving a series into the ground or letting it stagnate. A company could stop caring about a product and yet still release it just because it'll keep their hold on the product and any money it makes. But it's not like someone should be able to say "Nintendo isn't making Mario good anymore, therefore I should be able to make it better!" either.

Volourn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Companies should not get to sit on their IP's forever and never do anything with them. Use it or lose it."

So theft. If I don't use my baseball bat someone should have the right to come take it from me. If I create something it should be mine. PERIOD.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
To turn things around a bit on the talk of copyright, why should public domain exist? Aiming this question at everyone talking about copyright. I feel like it should, but I can't quite put it into words into why I think that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My imagination works faster than my development process. At least, I can take pleasure in treating it as an adventure. :)

I should probably step away from the sparkles... but they're soooooooo shiny! :kaoswt:

Anyway stuff of note:
New interface.
The puzzle pieces now a build a puzzle in the upper right corner.
The Nihil is represented by the line with skulls. That represents where the map no longer exists at the moment.
MarcheBeoulve1 wrote on amerk's profile.
What the hell's up with your Profile Pic!
It's so cursed
Why is parallexing so time-consuming? Ive been at it for 8hrs and i havent even finished the map yet :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScribblyGryphon