If you have one wish what would it be? and Why?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Mister.Right, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister.Right

Mister.Right Veteran Veteran

I wish I become immortal. I can be forever young, I can master every subject in the world. I can travel to every corner of the world. I can witness human evolution, technology evolution.

Marquise* and Dreadshadow like this.
  2. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No more student loan debt. Like, I actually really wouldn't want to live forever. I'd just like to not feel like I'm slowly dropping a pipet of water over a raging house fire when I submit my payments. At least that's my total and selfish personal wish. World peace is always an option. XD

3. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Real and lasting happiness. No way for an evil djinn to mess that one up. If it has to be something more concrete I'd wish for excellent health. There are so many things I could do with a healthy body.

4. Trihan

Trihan Speedy Scripter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Challenge accepted!

"You are genuinely and deliriously happy about everything, up to and including the inevitable demise of your loved ones and your eventual diagnosis of a terminal disease."

Asking for "lasting" happiness is just asking for an evil djinn to make it impossible for you to ever be sad about anything again. :)

Reapergurl likes this.
  5. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Man, I know I can only have one wish. But, in the interest of being a bit silly, can chocolate have no calories?

6. jezebelthenun

jezebelthenun Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would wish to be pain-free. Having a chronic pain disorder has impacted my life so negatively for so long (27 years now) that I don't remember how it feels to be without pain. Or to feel awake. I think the entire world would be brighter, somehow, and less hard around the edges.

7. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would want to be able to rewind my life, while still knowing everything I learned in the part of my life that now ceased to exist.
    If I could also bring along a pendrive with my game, that would be useful too.

8. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You and I have different definitions of real apparently. Still, it'd only be bad to an outsider. I'd be happy.

@jezebelthenun It would at least be easier to figure out if you'd gotten sick or if it was just another flare up at least.

@Hudell I've often thought about that kind of thing, and I've come to the conclusion that it would drive me absolutely bonkers to have to live through some of it again. I hated school, for instance. I'd probably mess things up somehow too, like not being able to connect with my best friends who would suddenly have a huge age gap. Although it would be interesting to do something like reincarnation, except remembering everything. A new life in a completely different place would be harder to fall into old habits and I'd be less tempted to try and continue with the life I had.

Reapergurl likes this.
  9. Trihan

Trihan Speedy Scripter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Are you assuming that an evil djinn would be using your definition of real? ;)

10. LxCharon

LxCharon I'm the best hyperbole writer in the world. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would wish to never tire. Could you imagine how much you could accomplish if you never had to sleep? And I don't really dream ever so I wouldn't be missing anything there.

Reapergurl and Dreadshadow like this.
  11. Dust

Dust Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I always want to answer this particular question with "I'd just wish for an endless amount of wishes" but it feels like cheating :D

@Hudell Yeah, I sometimes wonder how life would be for me if I could go back to middle school with all my current knowledge.

@LxCharon so true! Never thought about that.

Reapergurl and AbyssalDarkness like this.
  12. Guiguimu

Guiguimu The best revenge is massive success Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My wish is to everyone be healthy. Diseases are the worst thing in life, they bring much pain not only to us, but to the people around us.
    I lost my mom to cancer and it was the worst thing ever. Well, that's my wish. Health to every living thing on Earth.

Btw, @Dust and @LxCharon have you ever heard of the Russian Sleep Experiment? Maybe not so good idea... XD

13. Rhaeami

Rhaeami The Sleepy-Eyed One Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Personally I think I'd prefer it if the offered wish followed some rules. Like, instead of wishing for "anything", maybe you get smaller, categorized wishes. One thing to change about your own body. One material item to be granted which presently exists. One boon to grant a loved one that depends on natural circumstance. If "anything" is the limit, it's hard to not to just pick the easy stuff, like immortality. That would probably be mine - I actually believe in an afterlife, but I also would much appreciate stretching this one out as long as possible. Painful or not, it's precious time in a cosmic perspective.:kaojoy:

Reapergurl likes this.
  14. Alexander Amnell

Alexander Amnell Jaded Optimist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Immortality...no freaking thank you! Be cool not to have to worry about death for a while, but once everyone I know is gone I'd be done. What's the point of getting to know people, making any kind of connection again knowing you are just going to watch them turn to dust? Just thinking about the concept threatens my sanity(though that's hanging by a thin thread as it is).

I'd probably pull a Solomon and wish for unfettered wisdom; while I wouldn't want to use it to have hundreds of wives or anything being able to discern the realities of any given situation from the delusions that we humans far to often like to veil our intentions in would certainly help in making the most out of what is left of a life, plus knowing so many things might help my insomnia as well considering I spend a large portion of it looking up random facts.

15. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Immortality gives us the opportunity to watch technological evolution, I can say I can't agree more on that, but in another way.
    A regret I will certainly have when I am dying, will be not being here anymore to see new technology.
    But on the other hand, wouldn't you be bored after 1000 years?
    I mean, being immortal sounds like a form of hell to me.
    My wish would actually be to be remembered. :)

Marquise* and Reapergurl like this.
  16. Rhaeami

Rhaeami The Sleepy-Eyed One Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Alexander Amnell Immortality certainly has its downsides, but so does something like wisdom. Solomon himself said
    "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

As far as this topic goes, though, I think the important thing is that our wishes show our priorities and worldview. They're all going to have ups and downs. :kaoswt2:

Reapergurl and Alexander Amnell like this.
  17. Mister.Right

Mister.Right Veteran Veteran

@Rhaeami Well said indeed, every wish will have the downsides. It matter of one's perspective and circumstances.

@Dreadshadow Yes, I will be bored. So! I am bored as of now. I want to to have an infinite time to get what I want which time seems the only factor to prevent it, rather than wish to have it with no efforts.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  18. Pierman Walter

Pierman Walter Chunk Monster Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bored rich kids who think they can get gullible/greedy/poor people to do stupid things for their amusement are basically evil genies in real life, and after dealing with them, good advice to everyone is to be as specific as possible. I helped someone out on a test in exchange for any item out of an exclusive jewelry catalogue, but instead of receiving the six hundred dollar bracelet I negotiated for, I got six hundred dollars worth of glass seed beads and she wore the bracelet to school the next day. I like beading, so I ended up a lot happier than she had hoped, but some other classmates she played the same trick on were miserable.

I'd wish for an unbroken four inch diameter wire kitchen strainer with a handle made from whiteboard material that filters out everything except what you write on the handle, so if I were to write "Gold" on the handle and trundle around in a Californian creek for a few hours, I'll end up with some gold, also if I got thirsty, I would erase the "Gold" and write "Pure water", and if the words get stuck and can't be erased, I can paint over them to erase them and start writing over the paint to have the same magic filtering effect.

Reapergurl and Guiguimu like this.
  19. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dreadshadow Yes, I will be bored. So! I am bored as of now. I want to to have an infinite time to get what I want which time seems the only factor to prevent it, rather than wish to have it with no efforts.[/QUOTE]

Eternal boredom will be the price to pay, in order to become immortal. Well, even theoretically, if you really believe you would pay such a price to get what you want, it sounds really ok with me. But it seems you talk like a person being already bored, being driven to take such decision to escape from boredom.
    I think we all should be careful what we wish for, cause we might actually gonna get it. Probably not in your case of course, but who knows? What if doctors find out a way to live for ever and ever? But since now, it seems we are all safe when it comes to immortality.

20. Soulnet

Soulnet Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    For my partner and I to be happily together forever. Immortality with the person I love.

Bleagh! That's too lovey dovey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.