Not open for further replies.

Dream3r

90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm rewriting this since the internet got disconnected and I lost my long post, so I'm just going to make this short and to the point.

I've been working on a game called Out of the Storm since February.  Progress has gone well though it could be doing much better.  I believe the Indie Game Maker Contest will provide that opportunity for the game to prosper.  We can build an audience and hopefully, win enough prize money to push the game through development.

That being said I know that we can't enter the contest with the game we've made so far, so we'll be making a short prequel for the purposes of the contest.  This will allow us to flesh out mechanics and see what people like or don't like about a very small version of the full game.  It also means that we may be able to use assets made for the contest in the full game so that even if we don't win, a month of our time is not wasted.

Contest Game Summary

The story takes place just before the events of Out of the Storm.  You play as an old man who finds an injured young woman lying in the woods.  She's unconscious and bleeding in the cold snow.  You take the girl back to your cabin and try to keep her alive and nurse her back to health.

The game is meant to be a small taste of what the large project will have in store.  It will teach the basic mechanics of the game and tell a small story about the life of this man who has accepted that it is his time to pass and had planned to die out in those woods, but now needs to stay alive just a bit longer to make sure that this girl does not die.

Mockup Image:

Why I Need Help

I'd normally just pay for assets through the freelancers I typically work with but I made the mistake of leaving my day job without another one lined up.  My intention was to give me time to work on the game before moving onto a new job.  Unfortunately that has yet to happen.  Perhaps that is due to my own due diligence to myself and I've spent more time working on the game than looking for work but regardless this is the situation I'm in.  I have what could be a great game, and the basic skeleton of one, but I need a few assets and another month of me working my butt off in order to see it come to life.

I'll need the following:

Sprite Work:  We'll basically be taking the taking included in the spoilers below and creating small animations for him, mainly an "interact action" that could be used for a number of actions.  Be it starting a fire or picking something up.  I've attempted to do it myself but my work was sub par.

Sound:  Mainly a series of sound effects.  I'm trying to make use of some creative common based sound effects but it would be helpful if I actually had someone who knew what they were doing help me make the best use of what we can get together.  If you can make some musical tracks as well that would be great but I wouldn't expect that much of you for a contest entry.

Environment Work:  We have a decent amount of assets to work with but there is a lack of polish.  We may have a tree but there's no snow to cover it's trunk and make it feel a part of the environment.  We may have have a berry bush but no berries once they've been picked.  Someone who could help with a little polish would be a big help.

Overall:  I have a more detailed list written out and I'll provide it to those who decide to help but this about sums everything up.  I'm not expecting a lot of work since this in unpaid.  I feel bad enough asking for help but I know I need to set aside my pride in order to get this done, so here I am.

Compensation

There's no guarantee that we will win this.  I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure we do but I can't promise we'll win and be able to split the prize money.  If you want a share of the prize money let me know and we can discuss it.  But I just wanted to make it clear that I can't guarantee that money.

You will be credited and your assets will only be used for the contest.  If you want me to remove them when I continue working on this to push it towards a full game, then I will do so.  I just hope some of you out there are willing to help and I very much appreciate it.  I know I have a good chance of winning this contest if I have some people that believe in me enough to help out.

Thank you all for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

-Dakota of LDE

Last edited by a moderator:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did the Contest allready start? I want to maybe Participate too. I missed it last year.

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just want to point out that you have started this project in February, and the IGMC entries need to be started on the date the contest begins, no sooner. That way everyone gets 30 days to start and finish their game.

Dream3r

90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did the Contest allready start? I want to maybe Participate too. I missed it last year.
No it starts in two weeks on July 7th

EDIT: You can be a part of two projects btw. That means if you join someone's team you can also do a solo one if you decide two. But only two.

I just want to point out that you have started this project in February, and the IGMC entries need to be started on the date the contest begins, no sooner. That way everyone gets 30 days to start and finish their game.
I stated that in the post. I said a couple time the contest game will be a prequel started from scratch but it will still let us see what people like or don't like about the game we've been working on because we'll just make a smaller version...from scratch on the 7th

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah I see that now, somehow missed it the first time around. My bad :) Best of luck!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is a recruitment thread and well beyond the scope of what Resource Requests is for.  Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...
How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truvirian