Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by BCj, Jul 30, 2015.
fuu double post delete this -.-"
If it was up to eDeus almost everyone would be dead in the first 15 minutes :')
What can I say, I like causing drama. You set up Fayhe as this nice, a bit naive person. Then you skin her alive! *unzips pants*
Wouldn't it be awesome, if Fayhe and her party dies half-way to the castle and the little girl who asks for your help at the beginning of the game for a side-quest (Illia?) becomes the protagonist and sole survivor with no other goal but revenge xD!
OK, I think that's enough. Sorry BCj xD!
Hahahaha she's like the last inhabitant of the world and goes off to fight the evil space aliens who threw a meteor on Fayhe :<
I'll gladly play the new version!
WOW! this looks so amazing! I can see the efford of your team! I am "new" to the RPG maker thing. have been using one in 2000..but i suppose things have changed. I love your battle system that seems to take part in the enviroment, instead of popping up a battle screen. much like in BOF 3 and 4.
I love the way BOF 2/3/4 do it indeed. So much more immersive
This looks great! I love the style of it. The art is amazing.(Are those busts yours @eDeus? Good job!) I also really like the way the battle system and menu look. I'm really impressed all around. Snaps for everyone!
Yeah, they are. Thanks (well, most of them, to be clear)
As a small update, I must say that the project isn't dead. BCj is still working on it when she has the time. And I tag along too for when she needs my manly services. There might be an updated/slightly expanded version coming one of these days.. erm.. months. Years? Some time in the future. *pokerface*
Yes, we're sitll working behind the scenes and implementing some new systems to prepare for making the game bigger. In due time I need some betatesters to test the new demo out (currently not yet ready). Storywise the demo stops at the same moment, but I've added a lot of new stuff that'd need testing
Fantastic game! You can tell that you put in a lot of effort making this! Really love the custom menu's and the map design.
This game look good man! I'll try it later
I remember downloading it like, last year? I played it and I really liked the dialogues in this game. I think I didn't get far in the game. Glad that it's still being worked on. May I betatest it?
Since the development of the 1.1 version of Escalia is nearly complete, we're looking for betatesters in 2-4 weeks time. We hope to be almost done by that point prefer people who have played the IGMC version. Story-wise it's almost the same, except characters have been fleshed out a bit more and some dialogues were added or rewritten. As for further changes, these include:
Spoiler: Changes v1.1 for Escalia
Changelist Escalia v1.1
- A new playable character.
- Monsters finally respawn after 5 minutes of in-game time.
- Monsters will run away once you’ve reached a certain level.
- Added System category in the Menu.
- Hover Alerts, if you get close to something that you can interact with, an icon will pop-up. This can be disabled in the Menu, under System.
- Lootable sparkles removed.
- Backtracking enabled.
- Added tutorials (Accessible in the menu).
- Added optional Battle tutorial.
- Items gained from lootable objects are no longer random.
- Changed prices of droppable items and added some new rare ones which are worth more.
- Added HP bars for enemies.
- Added State Icons for enemies.
- Added Order Gauge.
- Gave several skills and healing items priority.
- Fixed the Scan screen.
- Overhauled most abilities.
- Added a 10% chance to not get knocked out once HP reaches 0. In the future this might be expanded with a Morale System, giving you (de)buffs.
- Added graphics for Ambush/Pre-emptive strike.
- Holder Entry Pose now works.
- Seyfer has a home!
- Cave map revisioned slightly.
- Maps added to exit Aldwyn (though one currently cannot exit in this build)
- New Logo by Julianastorybored and eDeus.
- Changed portraits of Seyfer and Lumia slightly.
- Several NPCs now have portraits.
- New Icons made by Avery.
- Battle Result screen has gotten a little overhaul, same for the Level-Up screen.
- Changed the menu slightly.
- Custom Magic font made by Unity.
- Changed Game Over screen.
- Minor modifications to some sprites.
- More flavortext.
- Changed several dialogues and added new ones.
- Changed the intro to clarify the situation a bit more.
- New descriptions for playable characters and enemies.
- New descriptions for Weapons/Armor.
- Bad guys have names now. And backstories!
- Several BGMs now loop.
- New Game Over BGM.
- Removed several scripts and added some new ones.
In the next few days I'll also update this topic with the new logo and the changes, future plans and so on.
A new playable character? Oh my, how intriguing
Okay so I'm playing through it and I gotta say one of the most annoying things is there is this forest full of slimes and plant monsters to get xp and items from..However, you can't get Seyfer and grind out all those monsters, you have to either grind them out with only Lumie and Fay cause once you get Seyfer you can't heal at home or not get that stuff at all and with how difficult the combat can be I find it really limiting and frustrating that I can't choose to grind some levels and am forced to play at what feels like a disadvantage.
I don't know how the game is now, but it'd be great if the players had the option to grind if they wanted or at least clear a zone.
EDIT: I also don't really understand the mad scientist fight, it sounds like its a "you have to lose to progress" fight, but I'm not 100% sure so all I've experienced was 10 minutes of complete boredom trying to keep my party alive against her weird plant form.
I brought this up to BCj a couple of times actually. When I play through, I usually have those sexy bimbos up to around lvl 4 on my way to Seyfer. And once Seyfer joins, he's only lvl 2. We need to voice this more for BCj to take action. But when it comes to grinding, killing everything from Seyfer's to Yuri's takes enough time for the slimes near Seyfer's to respawn for a continuous grind (with the monster respawn now being fixed). And because of XP curving up, Seyfer usually catches up pretty quickly.
As far as the last fight goes, I tried to pass an idea to BCj that we need some tutorials before the boss fight about the unique skills that enable the party to pass certain walls. Without looking at skill descriptions, there are no hints about what can counter the boss' healing ability. But BCj is on a full-on tutorial mode these days, so I imagine change is coming.
@parallax as noted in the patch notes, respawns have been fixed. It was a minor coding error that I couldn't fix in the IGMC version on time and I wasn't allowed to edit the game because of disqualifications. So no worries
And yes the last boss still needs to be worked on a tad, dispelling tutorial included.
Topic is updated!
Separate names with a comma.