BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you very much for the lovely comments. I'm slowly getting better each day :)
Sadly still some lingering double vision which might need surgery to fix it, although it might lessen in due time as well.
In the meantime I've ordered a script to make the dialogues more visual-novel style. The way I coded the dialogues were.. quite ***bersome, haha. Very time consuming. Should be a lot faster when I get the script. Will be the firts time I'll start working on the game again since my surgery. Been a while :o

Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just finished the game. Very fancy work, especially if you did it in a month. I envy you your work ethic. c:

Unfortunately I didn't find the fourth playable character nor did I full use of the stuff that I got for free from NPC's - because I'm both a miser and conveniently forgot you said the gameplay is about an hour long - but I had a lot of fun with it. The main issue I had with the game mechanically was that Seyfer will never not lag behind in terms of EXP - things got a little hairy with all these bandits in Aldwyn Cave because he just couldn't keep up.

...incidentally, I don't know how I would manage the boss without Mortal Strike. There doesn't seem to be any other skill in the game that removes debuffs, and it's only available if you put on an item. It's not exactly hidden, true, but managing 200 hp of regen a turn could be a little hairy, especially since she summons the slimes all that time.

Regino

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just finshed the IGMC Version
LUMIA CARRIED ME SO HARD
Mutated Crocodile Woman has waaay too much health but it's not impossible
I loved it nice job!

eDeus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
Just finished the game.
Cheers! I expressed the same opinion to Janice about Seyfer lagging behind, since he joins after quite an extensive grinding session through the forest. (that's not a spoiler, I guess?) So I think some sort of unified party leveling system is in the works.

As for the MS skill, I've done some serious rework to the battle system. But theorycrafting is easier than the implementation of said ideas, so I'm not sure how well Janice can handle the intended changes. But from what I've seen, things are looking bright. Every character will have some unique interactions between their two different power pools. Anyway, Mortal Strike effect is moved to being a baseline skill (not sure if it's still called MS or a different skill). And the same effect is given to another character too to have a choice for those moments when Seyfer isn't around. There's also a tutorial for this kind of stuff now, because working around the certain mechanic during the last boss is a crucial part of the fight, and this stuff really needed to be vocalized better for players.

Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I think some sort of unified party leveling system is in the works.
Wouldn't a simple variable suffice so that he's the same level as the girls/one level above/below? He's the experienced character out of the three, so I guess it would make sense for him to actually be a level or two higher.

Reactions: BCj

eDeus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
Wouldn't a simple variable suffice
Yeah, it's a simple fix. The way I see it is that everyone should be kept the same level as the main character. So that when the party members change, they're all still relevant as soon as they join.
But it all depends on Janice's vision of things. I'm here just to draw portraits, write some dialogues, and make combat overly complicated and borderline unplayable. :)

Y2J1014

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
Other
Wish you a happy new year
I will continue to wait for updates of this game!

Reactions: BCj

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I come bringing gifts! Well, sort of :p
I started working on implementing the new VN-like system. If you know the IGMC version, ou'll spot more dialogue here.

Here's a sample:

This one is with the dynamic lightning (a bit bugged here) and a widescreen sample, which I may use in the future, but would require overhaul of UI assets/maps, which is something I'd do AFTER the demo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero
Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?
Damian Floyd increased the grand prize for the Driftwood Jam to a $75 steam GC!!! Thank you Damion! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrzo