Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really love the mapping and the character portraits. Presentation is beautiful. I'll definitely be downloading this and trying it out.

Reactions: BCj

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just finished playing through the latest version. Oh my god, BCj, the break during the final boss fight is so flawless now. Gave me goosebumps with excitement even though I knew exactly what was going to happen. Cabbage is love, cabbage is life... or is that too much of a spoiler lol?
Cabaaaaageeeee

Also, the game is up:

http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/126#.VcPG0Hkw-70

Alternative downloadlink included in the post too, but I prefer RMN ;)

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Out of curiosity how long is this?

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Out of curiosity how long is this?
I usually hit about an hour, but it depends on you. If you go straight to the objectives it should take you an hour, but if you decide to farm enemies or explore everything it could take you a bit more, I think the max I've clocked (today) was 70 minutes, but that was after checking if there were any graphical bugs anywhere haha. Which meant creeping in corners and stuff :p

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, okay cool! Not that I mind longer games but that is definitely the smart thing to do for this contest. If they are only going to judge an hour might as well give them the best hour you can. Worried I made mine a bit too long actually ends up being an hour and a half to a hour and forty minutes give or take. Of course even then I cut back on what I wanted to do.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh I had to cut back on a lot of ideas which I had. But either I couldn't fit them in or it'd be too much "wtf where did this come from" because there'd not be enough time to explain it all.

And I kind of pushed myself to stay around one hour and all because well, my end-boss is awesome <3

Defintely going to try out yours too :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Loving the looks of this! I'm downloading now as I write this. Will definitely give you some feedback when I am done. :)

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game too hardz T.T I can't beat the mutant scientist T.T

For what I played so far the game looks beautiful and the combat system is well thought but the story didn't grab my interest :/ (also is it me or we can't grind?).

richter_h

Eh? Sweetroll?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Been tasting some bites of the game, and it's quite palatable. The presentation is nice and the graphics are just like what the label on the tin can said; truly promising and nicely done.

The only thing that bugged me a bit is the battle itself.

You'd like to setup the enemy battlers a bit upwards, since they're often covered up by the HUD. Also the movement sequences deserve some tweaks—a bit kinda quirky and it gave less impact than I expected. Not forget to mention, the balance needs to be tweaked also, for the enemies are kinda slightly overpowered and in one case I got stuck by only a pair of bats in the cavern.

The mechanics itself reminds me to Eremidia Dungeon: Skyward Temple especially that Branded ability.

Don't bother to give me suggestion to farm; I tend to clear the games in lowest level available, and beat the game when the party isn't in its peak performance :p

The story? I am cool with any stories, not excluding Escalia.

Cliche, though, but the presentation, as I said, is nice. The characters deserve some spices, too, but since I'm still at the prologue I don't know what I'll get when making progress with Fayhe and her companions.

You may have to re-check some spellings since I found 'filty' instead 'filthy' in one of the dialogue lines.

A bit more polishing and Escalia would reveal its true shine. Trust me. GG

One more thing: You also wrote DrDhoom's name wrong. It's DrDhoom not DhDoom :p

I just realized that when looking at the credit list.

SharicX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
I wish you luck! You've got an amazing game on your hands. I was hoping on winning for Best RPG, but my game couldn't be completed in time unless I rushed it. And in the great words of Shigeru Miyamoto,

“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

― Shigeru Miyamoto

I support this game and I think you have a winner on your hands! Best of luck.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Game too hardz T.T I can't beat the mutant scientist T.T

For what I played so far the game looks beautiful and the combat system is well thought but the story didn't grab my interest :/ (also is it me or we can't grind?).
You can grind, enemies will respawn after 5 minutes.

Protip for the mutant:

Mortal Strike is your friend. Time it well
Also, if you're struggling, don't forget you can go back to Olivia (your mother) to heal.

Been tasting some bites of the game, and it's quite palatable. The presentation is nice and the graphics are just like what the label on the tin can said; truly promising and nicely done.

The only thing that bugged me a bit is the battle itself.

You'd like to setup the enemy battlers a bit upwards, since they're often covered up by the HUD. Also the movement sequences deserve some tweaks—a bit kinda quirky and it gave less impact than I expected. Not forget to mention, the balance needs to be tweaked also, for the enemies are kinda slightly overpowered and in one case I got stuck by only a pair of bats in the cavern.

The mechanics itself reminds me to Eremidia Dungeon: Skyward Temple especially that Branded ability.

Don't bother to give me suggestion to farm; I tend to clear the games in lowest level available, and beat the game when the party isn't in its peak performance :p

The story? I am cool with any stories, not excluding Escalia.

Cliche, though, but the presentation, as I said, is nice. The characters deserve some spices, too, but since I'm still at the prologue I don't know what I'll get when making progress with Fayhe and her companions.

You may have to re-check some spellings since I found 'filty' instead 'filthy' in one of the dialogue lines.

A bit more polishing and Escalia would reveal its true shine. Trust me. GG

One more thing: You also wrote DrDhoom's name wrong. It's DrDhoom not DhDoom :p

I just realized that when looking at the credit list.
Ahh he wrote DhDoom on his scripts so I went it with that :D

Hmm I thought I had positioned them so they weren't below the hud but I can take a peek at it. Maybe there's still time for me to fix that.

Haha yeah, it's not really designed to play it with the minimum hah. You're advised to sell loot for better gear etcetera :p

Edit: fixed the typo and 3 animations that were a tad wonky because I put them on certain hit and not physical hit, hah.

Edit2: reuploaded _real last_ version now: had to change my last song to another one. Humble bundle audio problems and all. :(

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm playing the game right now and noticed this thing:

When walking over already opened doors, they play the animation again, i.e. they are suddenly closed again and then open up. Wouldn't it be better to remove the event after the player has walked trough a door? This is only temporary, so the doors would only be set back when the player re-enters the map.

And I'm enjoing it so far! Had a lot of laughts, it's really good!

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm playing the game right now and noticed this thing:

When walking over already opened doors, they play the animation again, i.e. they are suddenly closed again and then open up. Wouldn't it be better to remove the event after the player has walked trough a door? This is only temporary, so the doors would only be set back when the player re-enters the map.

And I'm enjoing it so far! Had a lot of laughts, it's really good!
I've tried this, and the event reset, but then player could walk through closed doors.. Which isn't really what I want either.

I'll try and fiddle some more.

Edit: Well, I've fixed the doors. Reuploading now.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Played it well over the 1 Hour mark. Maybe pushing for 2.

Spent forever on the Mutant Scientist ¬_¬ Still can't do it. I pwned the previous boss with the Earth speel which IMO is OP. :p Not sure if i'm missing something... :/

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Played it well over the 1 Hour mark. Maybe pushing for 2.

Spent forever on the Mutant Scientist ¬_¬ Still can't do it. I pwned the previous boss with the Earth speel which IMO is OP. :p
Not sure if i'm missing something... :/
What are you using on her?

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Oh.

If you press F12 it says a Stack Error (In Battle)
Might wanna fix that :/

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh.

If you press F12 it says a Stack Error (In Battle)

Might wanna fix that :/
Uh that's weird.. it works for me.
Who uses f12 anyway I usually press the red x :p

(and I seriously don't know what script changed it, I haven't changed any f-stuff.)

Edit: I think you can't press f12 during the mutant because I made a loop that autoheals you when you fail and you can try again. It probably messes with the common event, but alas, I can't change that, because then you'd need to do both bosses again (because: game over :p )

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've found a bug:
In the room where you meet the bandit boss (Aldwyn Cave), you can walk down and right, directly after entering and thus avoiding the cutscene.

Fox Archer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Has started to play this game (and I have voted for game :) )... And here my first impressions:

I wildly like this game. The excellent graphics, the menu of characters it is executed stylishly, the fighting system is good, music remarkable. The plot while too is pleasant to me. Also it was pleasant to me art of the villain. On the sly I will pass game further. At the same time I will execute some quests.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've found a bug:

In the room where you meet the bandit boss (Aldwyn Cave), you can walk down and right, directly after entering and thus avoiding the cutscene.
And fixing we go :p

Has started to play this game (and I have voted for game :) )... And here my first impressions:

I wildly like this game. The excellent graphics, the menu of characters it is executed stylishly, the fighting system is good, music remarkable. The plot while too is pleasant to me. Also it was pleasant to me art of the villain. On the sly I will pass game further. At the same time I will execute some quests.
Thank you! I'm happy that you liked it so much :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh! 15 posts waiting in the approval queue. Approve 3, decline 2, ask poster for more information on 4. Refresh. 18 posts waiting in the approval queue!
Shaz wrote on ZestyTS's profile.
Hi, there is a Completed Games forum where you can post your game. Or a Commercial Games forum if it's paid. The status feed is not where these belong. Just make sure to read the pinned threads and include all the required information in your post.
I was initially looking for some old archer design i made a few years ago, but couldn't find it...
but here's a sketch from some parade / festival I stumbled upon that i totally forgot :D
Not sure how i'll go about it, but i definitely want to incorporate some of it in my game :)
cxgRkhJ.png
So... what is sleep anyway? UGGGG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seori