RMVXA [IGMC 2015] Escalia

diasfred

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Click on the logo that says "IGMC" with the dino-girl next to it. That should bring you to the entry page where the download link is posted.
thanks!

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nope, I don't use VictorSant's scripts, except for his fog script.

It's all Ace Battle Engine (YEA), but modified.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Really!  Would you mind sharing? You can pm me if you want; if not I understand... :)

diasfred

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Ok, now I played your game  I can give some feedbacks:

Firstly, your game is very good when we talking about graphics, text and systems (battle, menus and quest). The HUD is amazing (maybe you can try different colors or textures)! Sometimes, the dialog with NPCs (and some event actions) are too extense or repetitive. The battle system is very good and demands some good sense to understand it. If the player likes to rush into fights, he will loose completely. This game brings the concept of the true rpgs. So, you have pretty good defined roles in this game. We have a mage healer, a damage assassin and a tank knight. If you use the best of each one,  you'll have no problems in finish the game.

I hope I can play more of this game soon. It was very funny and a nice experience to play it.

Some points of the main plot still are too dark to me. Like: who are Fayhe parents? What the relation of the main history at the very beginning of the game and the cientist woman mutant?
PS. When I finished the game, I started to play it again and I have a bug where the NPCs sprites appears to change randomically. They appears in crazy positions or with someone's sprite.

Last edited by a moderator:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you very much :)

I know some things are left unexplained, not to worry, I'm going to release a polished-up version (same story, but with some things fixed the players feedback gave me) and after that, I'm going to expand Escalia. You'll find out more about Fayhe's parents, Caelmor, the scientist amongst other things.

As for that bug, never encountered that one, that is a strange one.

@Jonthefox,

It'd help if you'd tell me what part you liked about the battle-engine, because like I said, I used more scripts than just one.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I just really liked the the positioning of the characters and battlers, and the way that they moved up and used animations when performing an action.

There are a bunch of different sideview battle system scripts for vxace, but this was my favorite that i've seen, so would love to be able to replicate it!

Kalashnikov

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks to be a very full and vibrant game, I almost feel discouraged myself! It's impressive just how much you've worked into a single product.

Downloading now!

Zabu

Prince of light
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow! I really loved the title screen!

I will try to play it soon! Good job mate!

Linkis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Jenbo, did ya ever figure out how to bring those slimes back to life so I could grind ????   :)

I redownloaded Escalia from RPGnet hoping it was fixed.

I had deleted the game because I upgraded to Windows 10.

When I tried to play it earlier I found out the slimes STILL stayed dead :)  poor slimes :(

Then I tried to find an updated download here but was not able to even find an old download button :(

SO, is there a new download and are the slimes given new life or not ??   :)

Thanks

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi!

No they are not yet, they will be when I finished the updated version. I am however, still working on it ;)

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hiya!
Just a minor update, after a small hiatus we've started working on Escalia again. Mostly database work, but also started working on some visual tutorials.. One which was requested the most, such as this one:

eDeus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
Glad to see you back in business. And glad to be a small part of that business ;)

Reactions: BCj

Myztogan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do you make objects seen underwater like in one of the screenshots?

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello all! Some updates ;)  

First of all, all named NPCs in Escalia now have faces :D  

Reworked the intro, it also has a very awesome custom magical language font made by @unity for Escalia :D  

I've also listened to the complains and there are no more sparkles! Also added a hover alert system to see if you're near something that you can interact with. This can be turned on/off in the brand new system tab (and yes you can now turn autodash on):

And started rewriting the dialogue. Here's the very first line of Escalia ;)

unity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lovely! :DDDDDDD 

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that font effect is pretty cool xD

eDeus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
Now add a "kill a bunch of main characters" feature and it'll be golden!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The three if us sat to watch "The day India Burned" to take notes. 10 minutes in, one went to sleep. I wanted to finish it but I couldn't stop tearing up (yawning makes me cry) so after 40 minutes I gave up. But now I'm not sleepy anymore :0
OH... OKAY... Well, VX Ace certainly never did THAT before. :mad:
Been busy with non-RM stuff, can't wait to get back into making a game.
i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man
Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tegima