Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
 ​
Memory is a Time Machine
 ​
"In a place forgotten by time, where the day blends into the night, the winter never goes away and people never die, the arrival of a mysterious young man with the ability to manipulate time can change everything. Along with Fate, a local musician, they try to figure out more about who he is and what is the role of his existence."​
 ​

Screenshots

Gameplay

A short story-driven game with some puzzle solving involving time manipulation (rewind time). It doesn't have battles or menus.

Download
direct link:
Memory is a Time Machine

or check the IGMC game page:
http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/688

Extra

It can become laggy sometimes, so if you don't have a good computer or the lag is not letting you have a good experience, you can download this other version; without some visual effects when rewinding time (otherwise is the same game):
 Alternative Version

Please, leave your comment and suggestions! I would love some tips for the next version of the game =)

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I'm trying this and am shamefully confused on what to do with the barrels and the rabbit; I've been tired lately (having trouble sleeping) so maybe I'm just missing something obvious or maybe I'm not as clever as I think I am lol. Anyway I don't see what pushing the barrels is supposed to do since they rewind as well. 

Also ran into these issues so far:

-Game crashes in intro when you press enter to skip; gives a script error.

-You have a few issues in the winter village map resulting from passability on houses, here's a screenshot:

Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
You can catch the rabbit by blocking the stairs with the barrels and then rewind time until he gets behind them. Are you sure the barrels rewind? They're not programmed to do it, so it wold be very weird if they do  :unsure:

Can you tell me what the message of the script error says?

You have a few issues in the winter village map resulting from passability on houses, here's a screenshot:
Oops, I'll have this fixed in the next version, thank you very much to letting me know =D

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay I'll try again but I'm pretty sure the barrels rewound on me. I tried recreating the script error by pressing enter again it didn't work; maybe it only happens when there is no save file?

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Musashi, finished this up here's my thoughts (also posted on your game page):

Review:

This is an interesting game that does something I haven't seen before in making a time travel mechanic in an rpg maker game. One of the things this game does extremely well is create a real atmosphere for the player to get absorbed into, the music just enhances this more; you will feel like the character must be feeling; alone in a strange unfamiliar place. Mapping is simple in the sense there isn't a lot there in most instances but everything seems to fit and the environment is fleshed out with things that make sense; trees, rocks, ledges, cliffs, etc...Progress is done by story segment/puzzle and there is an autosave feature allowing the player to not worry about opening menus or finding save points and just play the game.

Suggestions for Improvement: 

-There are a bunch of passability issues on nearly every map.

If you look you can see the books on the tables and the characters go through the tables.http://i.imgur.com/DfOyuoa.png
All along the cliff faces in this entire map.
Was I supposed to be able to do this? Wasn't sure because of whatever the switch puzzle was (I didn't even do anything with it just walked through the gate).
In this spot.
And here.
Here as well. 
Here, on the bread basket. 
here. 
Other issues I took screens of:

If you try to go back in this spot it just transfers you back into the village without explanation. 
This girl sort of wigs out in the village with how she is moving, kind of like she is stuck. 
-Early on before you reach the village it seems like there are side areas to go into on the map but the paths serve no purpose in the game.

-I'm not sure what I did to open up the cabinet in the library I don't recall finding a key, I just sort of walked back into the library and it was open.

-Puzzles seem inconsistent, there is a puzzle early in the game where you have to position barrels that don't move when you time travel but later there is a puzzle where you need to take advantage of crates moving back in time to get to a switch.

-I wish the time travel mechanic was highlighted more, the whole ending segment of the game has nothing to do with using the time travel abilities. It would also be kind of interesting if it felt more valuable like in the Prince of persia the sands of time.

-I felt like I was missing something in the story at the end of the game, I enjoyed the twist very much but it seems to not quite explain how the game reached this sort of full circle moment.

Over all fun idea for a game and highly impressive in creating a sense of atmosphere but it needs some TLC to fix passability problems, improve consistency and highlight your primary mechanic more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enkidu