Goldstorm

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Found this game by chance - Rise High.

Definitely worth a look. Action game with a bit of space invaders and building sky scrapers.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Found this one which I don't think anyone else has mentioned yet - The Passage

Very polished, with excellent mechanics and interesting graphics. I'm not normally that keen on doing puzzles, but these are so well integrated that even I didn't mind.

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*Plugs own game in*

Ghost Shards Inquisitor - Tis a mystery, detective game... >>;;

Soon I'm planning to go through a bunch of submissions and start playing. It will be fun. I've noted some of the game mentioned here. :p

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Strawfairy Want to try that one out when I go through my next big download, been kind of downloading them in sets and trying to play through and review everything before moving on.

I refuse to plug my own game though lol (going to use hercule here since I just found out thats a thing) :mrsatan:

edit: has anybody played this one? http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/581#.VcapqrTqsTo

Im debating whether or not to try it, it has only one screenshot that really doesn't show what the game is about. All the comments seem really positive about it though. Only thing is supposedly it's 10hrs long which I find a little hard to believe given the deadline of 30 days. I guess not impossible depending on how you design it but still...

Last edited by a moderator:

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit: has anybody played this one? http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/581#.VcapqrTqsTo

Im debating whether or not to try it, it has only one screenshot that really doesn't show what the game is about. All the comments seem really positive about it though. Only thing is supposedly it's 10hrs long which I find a little hard to believe given the deadline of 30 days. I guess not impossible depending on how you design it but still...
Are...are you sure that's not a troll entry? (It kinda looks it?) Can soemone try it out? (don't want to clutter the list with dubvious stuff)

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah I was thinking it was a troll entry, thats why im not sure I want to try it; not recommending it per se. It has a lot of positive comments though so they sure put effort into it if it is a troll entry.

Ylzor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'm gonna recommend this one right now, I might come back for more later:

Flower Child - A really nice platformer, with great mechanics and pretty graphics, but too short, sadly. Still worth playing though.

I don't really wanna recommend my own game, so someone here play it and recommend it! :D

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's a troll entry; it's an unencrypted Ace game with three maps and only one battle (It'd probably be barely a minute long if it weren't for how the battle is setup) Not really worth playing since all either side has in that battle is attack (and for some reason the enemy has 20000 HP so... yeah)  I don't really see how it fits with the contest at all, but you're still free to play it if you want.

I don't really have anything, but I'll leave a link to my game anyway (I don't really feel like I hit enough to fit the contest, but getting reviews would be nice): http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/266#.Vca9aiYziko 

I'm gonna go play a lot more actual entries now.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I just want to say I'm playing Ruin Frontier 0 and I'm thrilled. <3

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's a troll entry; it's an unencrypted Ace game with three maps and only one battle (It'd probably be barely a minute long if it weren't for how the battle is setup) Not really worth playing since all either side has in that battle is attack (and for some reason the enemy has 20000 HP so... yeah)  I don't really see how it fits with the contest at all, but you're still free to play it if you want.
hello :D that is not nice thing to say

person who work on this game put effort into it, just because you dont like doesnt mean it is "troll entry"

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@lemongreen thanks for checking it out.

I recommend Red Syndrome by Neok its a sci-fi rpg made in Ace I believe.

There is nothing overtly wrong with the game, no glitches and only miniscule grammer and spelling mistakes; mapping and music selection are solid. Battlers used look great and fit in with the setting and Neok's art is well done with its own unique look to it. The true reason for an rpg fan to check out this game is for the way battles are handled. You can't heal in battle and there are no resources like mp or tp, instead you must carefully manage cooldowns and use your skills at the appropriate time in relation to when the enemies turn may come up. Outside of battle you have to explore while trying to push back the invasion of the red syndrome but doing so comes at the cost of expending one of your levels. There aren't really any puzzles just key cards to collect and hidden skills to find.

Link: http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/401#.VcbjOYXqsTo

Also kudos to you Indrah for getting us to put this list together! :rock-left: ;) :rock-right:

nana7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Englilsh
Primarily Uses
I would like to submit my game to the list, RPG game, Growing Pains

It is my first game so you can laugh at the chutzpah of submitting a first game there, if nothing else. :p

Lucy Fox

Chosen Undead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Huh, own games are allowed. So here it is:
Ink Travellers

I'm playing some of the projects at the moment.

If I find something interesting, I'll post it as well : D

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Blacksword Chronicles is a good one too. Its gameplay and battle system are really nice. XD So far it's also on the first page of submissions by votes, 10th place, I think so it's receiving quite the positive reactions. ^^

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Blacksword Chronicles is a good one too. Its gameplay and battle system are really nice. XD So far it's also on the first page of submissions by votes, 10th place, I think so it's receiving quite the positive reactions. ^^
I was actually just going to mentioned that, it took away the help and I lost the next fight and I hadn't saved, so that is as far as I got. And with my memory that is as far as I will get, but it is a cool idea.

I would also like to add my game to the list (A Hole In the Martian Sky). It's the first game I have actually completed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kujo1189