Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm let me check something out.

Okay.

They might HAVE to keep radio silence. :)

Don't ask me what I got in my mind, but I think they will answer to us soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Katsudoom

Noodle Head
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Unknown
Primarily Uses
I was hoping for some answers too. I even want me and my team to join the IGMC.

Moop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Gah, I wish they'd say if they will or won't. I have an idea for a game for it and would rather work on it sooner than later if there isn't going to be an IGMC...

Just my luck, they'd probably have it during NaNoWriMo or something. :p

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any luck someone official to comment on this topic? :p

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Doubt it. So far no official response on the gamedevfort site, and people have been asking since May 7th. Not even a mod has stepped in to say anything.

Though come to think of it, I haven't seen touchfuzzy or liberty around in about that length of time too. Wonder if that is related?

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doubt it. So far no official response on the gamedevfort site, and people have been asking since May 7th. Not even a mod has stepped in to say anything.

Though come to think of it, I haven't seen touchfuzzy or liberty around in about that length of time too. Wonder if that is related?
I am not sure.

I do not always make assumptions, but when I do, most of them are wrong. :p

But hey, I thought after the discount period they could tell us a YES or a NO. 

The problem is that most of the people assume that official staff avoid the NO answer, so no explaination will be given, or avoid a YES that might turn into a NO later.

Well no explaination or excuse is needed for a "NO" really, and if they avoid an uncertain YEs they do fine.

Personally the first scenario is excluded. NO is actually the EASIEST thing to do. I bet they try to negotiate and organize everything. And since we talk about business, what they are up to is, hmmmm, maybe a business secret until we will see an announcement?

Whatever the reason is, people most of the time don't realize how complicated an announcement can be.

Everyone forgets that IGMC is not Degica's project only. It involves Humble Bundle too. And of course Degica HAS to take permissions from Enterbrain to do any moves. Thus since there are three companies AND A NEW PRODUCT (MV) potentially involved in a bundle, with the MV price so high to the market, things might got a little more complicated.

P.S. and reason of editing. @Touchfuzzy IS here actually. I wasn't sure before but I just saw him again online. So nothing to be related I suppose. :)

about_fuzzy.PNG

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not happening this year. Budget-wise, staff-wise, we just don't have the ability to do it.

Doing the IGMC is a massive amount of man-hours, and a huge expense. Neither of which we are sure we can justify. It is a ton of fun, I REALLY do enjoy it (despite being overworked during it last year. I was doing 70 hour weeks during the entire contest to do both my normal work and judging, and running it). But it's very difficult. Most of our staff that worked on it were burned out for a month after it was over, and we have more irons in the fire than ever before. So we had to jettison at least one project.

Unfortunately, the only project that could be easily put away was the IGMC.

It was a great competition. And I think that the two years we did it were successful, even if there was some bumpiness in some parts. But what we know about what caused the bumpiness... was distractions and long hours. this isn't something that was going to stop. If we did it this year, the staff would have been even more distracted, it could easily have lead to even more issues.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From the participant's view, this sounds as disappointing as relieving for all the working people's part.

I can understand how stressful that is and how hard it is to play with judgement in mind let's say... 75 - 100 games / judge in what? A month?

It's not that you do ONLY that during your day and no it isn't easy, I can understand that.

I am really glad we got an answer and I truly believe that if people were burned out during the last two contests, then let it be.

I also think this thread got the needed answer. Thank you. :p

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@touchfuzzy: Thanks for the official answer. Can someone post it on gamedevfort too? I think some people there might like to know.

And with that reveal, I might then decide to just take a month to crank out a game anyways, just because. Besides, my August is looking pretty wide open.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And with that reveal, I might then decide to just take a month to crank out a game anyways, just because. Besides, my August is looking pretty wide open.

I like your spirit!

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Frelance Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm.... there could be some sort of unofficial "work on X, Y or Z for the whole month" thing that doesn't require lethal dosages of caffeine to @Touchfuzzy and co.... and no judging :p

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
obey_techno_viking.jpg~c200.jpg

We let them rest this year!

:p :p :p

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's disappointing there's no IGMC this year, especially since I was thinking about entering it. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to take away resources needed for RPG Maker Next (already?!), or RPG Maker 95 20th Anniversary Edition (with RGSS4!), or RPG Maker AR/VR/NX or whatever is being worked on, especially since the judging alone strains resources, as officially noted above.

Hopefully the event can come back in 2017. Compared to last year (RPG Maker 2003! RPG Maker 2000! RPG Maker MV!), this year has been a bit of a whimper. (Is MV doing ok?)

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
I was going to participate and it would be my first try, but well. I guess I'll not be able to fail. ^^

I understand the issues and no worries, it is understandable.

Maybe that's even better? That way I'll be able to focus on my existing projects. (=

Moop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh well. If it's too hard for you folks, it's too hard for you folks. We don't want people overworking themselves!

Hmm.... there could be some sort of unofficial "work on X, Y or Z for the whole month" thing that doesn't require lethal dosages of caffeine to @Touchfuzzy and co.... and no judging :p

Hey yeah....why don't we do that? It could be like NaNoWriMo; you finish your game, you're a winner. And if people are too upset at no prize money, maybe some of us can pool together rewards like homemade resources or coupons for our marketplaces (which is also how it's done in NaNoWriMo).

Suggestion for mascots- B. Jack and Miss Hook. (If you get the joke, you're awesome.)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Or maybe it could be done like another forum I know used to do their contests. You had x time to make a game (I think they did 3 weeks), then once the deadline had passed the community got y time to play all the games. Then, every community member voted on which game they thought was the best (everyone got multiple votes, so they picked like say 3 of the games for their votes in the end), and the one with the most votes won the contest.

I don't recall them ever giving out prizes, so it was for bragging rights more than anything, but hey, mods, if you want an idea for a community event...

@162: The way I understand it, mods have to approve any contest held here. Wonder which mod you ask though?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp theoretically any mod might be able to do/approve this, but unfortunately you forgot that there is a reason why all forum events need approval:

If the user starting the event decides to disappear, the mod approving it will be the one who has to take over to make sure the event isn't abandoned.

So you'll have to find a mod who is willing and capable to take over the event in case of problems.

(no, don't look in my direction, I can't handle anything like that at the moment)

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I just feel kinda sad because I don't feel as welcome and belonging in any other gamedev contest Y_Y

Its like IGMC's the only contest I feel like I'll be taken seriously, since people overlook both Rpg Maker games and RPGs in general.

:C

But welp. Maybe... Maybe we'll get another one in 2017... Or some other contest will appear where I feel as secure xD

Anyhow, was great. Watching the 2014 one unfold, and participating in the 2015 one were fantastic. Cheers to all the staff that participated, and for all the currently busy degica staff too! :))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think there is something wrong with my cat. He is acting CATatonic.
Want to find a quick answer? Say the wrong one and SOMEONE will fall all over themselves to correct you.
Back after almost two years! O_O"
It's time to get back to my unfinished character sprite attempt AND JS/plugin making learning! :D
Hey guys how come my new plugin that I programmed so perfectly doesn't work? Oh wait.... I forgot to add it to my game's plugins. :kaoswt:
While I take a break from developing RPGs, I'm thinking of doing something I've never done before: actually playing an RPG released by someone else. Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sibexus