RMMV [IGMC 2017] Eremiel - Source project now available!

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is definitely challenging, especially if you don't know what lies ahead. Its not recommended for a first playthrough although it's not impossible, either. But if you think you're up for the challenge, go for it. :)

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It looks pretty nice.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anyway, I played some of the game, and it was very well made! You did a good job on this!

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much! I will always appreciate anyone who takes the time play a game that I made. It means a lot. I had a blast making this and look forward to this year's IGMC.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Several curious game developers have been inquiring about turning Galv's Map Projectiles into an action battle system which is how I made Eremiel. Also, no one has commented or made any suggestions for improvement for good while now so I think I'll call this one finished. So for anyone interested in how implemented anything, here is the entire project so you can open it up, nose around and see how created this game if you're curious or would like to learn anything from it. I did have to censor a small amount of commercial DLC but most of it was made with RTP. If you own Katakura Hibiki's Lords of Darkness, you can replace the censored files with your own.

Terms of Use:
  • Do not claim this project or anything mostly made from this project as your own.
  • Do not re-post this project anywhere.
  • If you learn a good amount from this and make something cool with this knowledge, let me know.
  • It's not required but I'd love to play your game if this inspired you

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's awesome you released this that way. I had another fellow dev from IGMC who had a groundbreaking system, gave me unfeathered access to his game for research puposes but it had to remain private due to custom assets. It's fantastic that people in this community keep "paying it forward" and helping each other for free. Kudos to you @Frogboy! Can't wait to see you again in competition in IGMC2018!

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OnslaughtSupply
Hey, thanks! While my heavy use of RTP was probably this game's biggest criticism (once I was able to polish it up at least), at least that makes it easy to for me to share it and hopefully help others. I learned a lot from this project and might not have have been able get it working as well I did had it not been for my knowledge of programming and some of the techniques that come with that knowledge. The community helped a lot too. It wouldn't be as good a game without you guys. Even with all that, I never did figure out how to solve the stupid bug where some enemy's images fail to turn into crystals or power ups when they die. I hope the source for this can help some devs create the game they're wanting to make and save them some headaches. At this point in its life, I feel that sharing the source gives it some extra value as it doesn't really have much left in its purely game form.

And yes. Can't wait for IGMC 2018!

LeeAceSan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's awesome Frogboy, so kind of you, it's not everyone who would do that. I appreciate it :thumbsup-right:

I working hard on my game, I want to make something like megaman battle network for the battle system.
I will publish a demo when the battle system will be ok, I will keep you informed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.
I miss lockdown already. Since the pubs reopened, there's been nothing but loudmouthed drunks wandering about my neighbourhood.
Twitter is making me embarrassed to be a Persona 5 fan rn
I don't wanna be called out when I say P5R is my favorite game :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HikariHason