RMMV [IGMC 2017] Lightvale - Secrets of Sorrow

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by Caitlin, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Genre: Adventure, survival
    Flavor - Fantasy

You play a young man named "Raiken" heading into a tower to discover the whereabouts of a priestess named Adora, who is stands accused of betraying the men that went with her to locate a relic. But when things go horrible wrong and your master is dies by means of a poisoned trap, you must finish his mission. Things begin to show signs that nothing is as it seems, no one is telling the same story. Search for clues, read books and solve puzzles as you search for the truth behind not only your true identity, the relic, the priestess and what really occurred.

No levels, but you do get money from the battles
    Interact with the things around you, from orcs to survivors of the unit

Map013.png Map030.png

DOWNLOAD: https://angelcait.itch.io/lightvale-secrets-of-sorrow

ALT Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9vxndpbdeh8j15/IGMC 2017.zip?dl=0

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can't get it to run. :rsad: It looks like you may have not included all the necessary folders so the game doesn't start (or I'm being dumb, which I hope is the case), can you get it to run?

3. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ....Ah... OH NO! DANG IT! DANG IT! DANG IT! I'll see.... They said I should have no trouble with a MAC to windows version and that it was only windows to Mac that had the problem. I created a compressed .exe and uploaded that... Well, so much for MY contest entry... (=T_T=) I'll upload another version to drop box here in a minute. *Sad...*

MAC version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r77pqp80i6bx119/Game.app.zip?dl=0
    Window version: Still trying to figure it out...

4. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have an alternate version of my game for WINDOWS, through the dropbox link at the first post. I am kinda of disappointed that my game is likely going to be disqualified, but oh well. I did finish a game that I am very proud of.

5. Gin

Gin The djinn

I´m really enjoing the game so far and I see a lot of effort in it...:kiss:
    The troll in the room where the inn is, tries to sell me a potion thats does stuff, and i accept the proposal, but after that the game crashes saying that "the game party is not defined.":blink: I´m gonna go back a little and just not talk to this one...:popcorn: Keep up the good work...:kiss::kiss::kiss:

6. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm, I'll look into it. (o.o') I wonder why it does that...

UPDATE: I've found the reason and it will be fixed in the next update to the game. Which will be very soon as I am adding a whole new section to the game, character selection. You will be able to chose between two stories: Adora and Raiken.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  7. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Fixed the bug for the rare potion you can buy for silver coins. I am still working on the Adora section of the game, which will add 2 hours to the game, once I am finished with it. (=^_^=)~ So, I am hopefully going to have that finished within the end of the year. I know that girls being 'saved' isn't exactly in, but I will say this. MY female characters are human beings, with real feelings, passions and are willing to fight for the things and people that they love and care for. If anyone else finds random bugs, please let me know, because I did test it and it was fine... However, I usually find OTHER people's bugs, not my own.

8. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update: I've adjusted the darkness in the game, so you can play while seeing my beautiful mapping. (=^_^=)